• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

dream

Remember when Dave Bautista came back and Daniel Bryan fans realized that his name starts with a B, and so does "boo," so they called him "Bootista?" Then one day he wore blue shorts, and the Daniel Bryan fans noticed that blue starts with b and rhymes with "boo" so they called him "Bluetista" because they're "clever?"

Daniel Bryan fans, man.

I always used to give Bischoff the benefit of doubt, but after his stint in TNA I'm not sure any more. Both seem set in their ways of recapturing lightning in a bottle rather than reading the current trends and interests and exploiting them.

I think its more TNA than anything else, every big name who walked into that locker room became pretty irrelevant pretty fast. even some of the greatest of all time.

I lost interest following the March OT and skipped April but now I'm back... At least until I fail a wellness test.
tumblr_nnmecd84JW1qksbhvo1_400.gif

Welcome back.

chunk3rvd

Just on my way in to Manchester to see this show in some sleazy promotion that combines hardcore wrestling and strippers:

The main event should be wild and really looking forward to Jigsaw vs Tommy End and that Gibson/Bubblegum tag team. Also hoping Viper destroys everyone in that women's battle royal!

Wow, Corny & Bischoff running creative for GFW...what could possibly go wrong?

Is there a source for both of them in creative? Bischoff could just be doing production with his company.

I'll give GFW a chance either way as it will be interesting to see how it turns out. It could be a TNA 2010 retread but I kind of doubt that now that all the big names are signed to Legend deals and Jarrett would be a fool to book a show like that again after what he saw happen.

I think they'll probably book the show closer to NXT than Raw at least.

I've heard that it's not doing great guns over the past couple of years (although thankfully I'm out of the broad street loop), so perhaps not that much... Who's in town?
Ahh that's a shame, it was always buzzing when I was there, but granted I started Uni literally 2 days after it opened.

Kamikaze Pro is the company, here's the card. Think they're pretty new.

On GFW, Cornette and Bischoff are both so backwards in their own ways, I'm curious to see how it'll work together.

Remember when Dave Bautista came back and Daniel Bryan fans realized that his name starts with a B, and so does "boo," so they called him "Bootista?" Then one day he wore blue shorts, and the Daniel Bryan fans noticed that blue starts with b and rhymes with "boo" so they called him "Bluetista" because they're "clever?"

Daniel Bryan fans, man.
Everytime you say this I feel really chuffed for some reason...

K6r0zQx.png

Word on the street is Avengers sucks. Anyone willing to corroborate this story?
I just saw it a few hours ago, fun flick if you're not completely tired of the superhero formula, well we see that every week with Cena so maybe Wrasslegaf has a special level of endurance here.

It did feel very much to me like doing the original film again but slightly better, in video game terms I'll call this the New Super Mario Bros feeling, you should already know if you can take anymore or not.

Speaking of me rustling up posts of mine from about a year ago...

My man Barrett will break the IC title curse, he will win it and not end up jobbing while holding it, I have to believe.

Guys, I'm getting deja vu with how I'm currently responding to this whole King of the Ring deal.
I think I'm doomed to repeat this, then, now, forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's even crazier how fixated with the past wrestling is yet how no one picks the right things from the past to bring to the present and always picks the hokey outdated shit that was killed as soon as the internet existed.

Say what you will about Russo, he was absolutely right that the internet completely changed how wrestling should be looked at and that this old school way of thinking can't coexist with it.

NoRéN

It's crazy how fixated on the past the wrestling business can be.

It's even crazier how fixated with the past wrestling is yet how no one picks the right things from the past to bring to the present and always picks the hokey outdated shit that was killed as soon as the internet existed.

Say what you will about Russo, he was absolutely right that the internet completely changed how wrestling should be looked at and that this old school way of thinking can't coexist with it.
Well said.

KissVibes

Banned
Cornette is only working on two shows with GFW.

Also, he is the second official talent announced for this promotion. Think about that.

Speaking of me rustling up posts of mine from about a year ago...

Guys, I'm getting deja vu with how I'm currently responding to this whole King of the Ring deal.
I think I'm doomed to repeat this, then, now, forever.
The funny thing is that you could have said this at any time and it would've been wrong every time. Although he was actually booked pretty strongly as the IC Champion right after Mania until he got injured
Both Bootista and Bluetista were funny chants. F you dream.
Pretty crazy that the chants still haunt dream to this day. it's been a year, brah
STILL waiting for replies.
you're gonna be waiting for a looooong time

Watching some early Ultimate Warrior matches, Heenan had this thing going on where he was obsessed with finding out Warrior's real name, where he was born, where he learned to wrestle, etc, while Gorilla would taunt him week after week because he'd failed to uncover anything. Gorilla says some line about Warrior "feeding off the crowd's energy" and Bobby replies back without a second's thought "so he's using them, is what you're saying" and goes on this epic rant about how Warrior doesn't care about the fans and is playing them for chumps, while they help him climb up the card. The fact that they're talking over the match hardly matters because it's a jobber match and, besides, Gorilla had such perfect timing in regards to jumping back into play-by-play. Those two were so awesome.

XenoRaven

Watching some early Ultimate Warrior matches, Heenan had this thing going on where he was obsessed with finding out Warrior's real name, where he was born, where he learned to wrestle, etc, while Gorilla would taunt him week after week because he'd failed to uncover anything. Gorilla says some line about Warrior "feeding off the crowd's energy" and Bobby replies back without a second's thought "so he's using them, is what you're saying" and goes on this epic rant about how Warrior doesn't care about the fans and is playing them for chumps, while they help him climb up the card. The fact that they're talking over the match hardly matters because it's a jobber match and, besides, Gorilla had such perfect timing in regards to jumping back into play-by-play. Those two were so awesome.
I don't know if I've ever heard anyone who was better at dreaming up malicious or sinister ulterior motives than Bobby Heenan.

klonere

Banned
catching up on the Austin podcast from Monday and lmao Wade Keller calls for a 4 week build with the New Day constantly ducking Uppercats doing heel shit and then blow off with a big 1 hour segment on the go home Smackdown (yes, even he said "and pause for laughter") with promos and a match

we got a rematch last night on Smackdown for the titles lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kaladin

I loved Heenan, and miss him. Wish we had anyone on the current product who came close to his ability.

Kaladin

Vince would be screaming in his ear to mention hastags and shit.

Heenan could work the crowd at home in favor of a babyface like Warrior or spin them against the heel all in the same segment. He gave character to commentary, and fleshed out heel and face dynamics beyond what the wrestlers could do themselves.

Top Bottom