• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Fox318

Heenan could work the crowd at home in favor of a babyface like Warrior or spin them against the heel all in the same segment. He gave character to commentary, and fleshed out heel and face dynamics beyond what the wrestlers could do themselves.

And Vince doesn't want that.

Vince was the guy who wanted Cole over JR.

klonere

Banned
I haven't watched anything save the King of the Ring semifinals/finals, and I enjoyed that.

King of the Ring was all good
New Day vs Uppercats @ ER and from last nights Smackdown (for all my bitching)
Most matches with Luke Harper in them if you can stomach wading through random Raw matches.

Fox318

King of the Ring was all good
New Day vs Uppercats @ ER and from last nights Smackdown (for all my bitching)
Most matches with Luke Harper in them if you can stomach wading through random Raw matches.

Last nights New Day/Cesaro Brass Ring Club match was pretty good.

klonere

Banned
And Vince doesn't want that.

Vince was the guy who wanted Cole over JR.

Another note from the Austin review of ER was that both Keller and Austin really went in on how bad commentary has gotten, how jokey and disrespectful it is.

I remember Ubertag used to make a bunch of incredibly cynical posts about how WWE was a show produced for an audience of one, that being VM. The more I watch, the more I think that Vince just uses the show to crack himself up for large portions of it.

Kaladin

I could deal with anything and anyone on commentary, as long as they called the moves.

Stop just reacting to them or calling everything a throw.

Go through the create a moveset mode on WWE 2k15 and learn the names of everything there.

Do this, and I may be able to forgive JBL and Booker T.

And I know that is a Vince thing because they actually call shit on NXT.

UberTag

Another note from the Austin review of ER was that both Keller and Austin really went in on how bad commentary has gotten, how jokey and disrespectful it is.

I remember Ubertag used to make a bunch of incredibly cynical posts about how WWE was a show produced for an audience of one, that being VM. The more I watch, the more I think that Vince just uses the show to crack himself up for large portions of it.
Clearly they do have a wider audience than just Vince but he's definitely the #1 target demo for any awful segment that involves bad comedy, humiliation, racism or sexism.
And that's not the cynic in me speaking. That's the realist.

klonere

Banned
Clearly they do have a wider audience than just Vince but he's definitely the #1 target demo for any awful segment that involves bad comedy, humiliation, racism or sexism.
And that's not the cynic in me speaking. That's the realist.

I always said to myself "man it can't be THAT bad, this guy has to be exaggerating". Then I watched 6months of Raw + PPVs. So spot on there.

Also #PushHarper got that Vader look going. Has to be one of the most blatantly sound edited Smackdown matches I've heard in a good long while, crowd most have been mega dead. Ryback is continually, amazingly gassed.

uUBwYzV.gif

Kaladin

People don't like Luke Harper?

He's seriously the best big man we've had debut in years.

And that's not even based on indie cred.

klonere

Banned
the dude could clean up his look a bit.

fuck that he should go messier

New Day vs Uppercats on Smackdown was fantastic. Xavier playing loudmouth Worldstar fight comp guy, in ring being smooth as fuck, Kidd's mid rope somersault, Nattie's expression when Tyson dodged the Trouble in Paradise. Its all money.

Then we go to probably one of the more depressing segments in the last few months, Dean and Seth showing great chemistry, Dean proving he still has it, all in service of a meaningless Smackdown main event to build a repeat feud and more KANE IN 2015.

Fox318

fuck that he should go messier

New Day vs Uppercats on Smackdown was fantastic. Xavier playing loudmouth Worldstar fight comp guy, in ring being smooth as fuck, Kidd's mid rope somersault, Nattie's expression when Tyson dodged the Trouble in Paradise. Its all money.

Then we go to probably one of the more depressing segments in the last few months, Dean and Seth showing great chemistry, Dean proving he still has it, all in service of a meaningless Smackdown main event to build a repeat feud and more KANE IN 2015.

I like how Xavier really is the only heel. Like the other 2 guys don't even know.

Kaladin

Ryback is the perfect example of a guy that needed more time to cook in developmental before coming to the main roster.

It took him years, but he's finally reached a point where he's kind of awesome in the ring.

Browny

Banned
I like how Xavier really is the only heel. Like the other 2 guys don't even know.

The smile he gives on the recent clapping gif is brilliant... Kofi and Big E are almost puppets of sorts.

Perhaps they could be the New Faces Of Fear... oh wait

RP912

Banned
remember when Ryback cut the Secret promo on the last Raw of 2014 and became a sympathetic character?

i remember

Smh it's crazy talk that people compare Ryback to Goldberg. Goldberg didn't have four gimmicks in the course of three years. That's a milestone in professional wrestling friend.

Kaiterra

Banned
Ryback is the perfect example of a guy that needed more time to cook in developmental before coming to the main roster.

He was in developmental for like 6 years. At some point you just cut the cord and see if a guy can fly.

And I think Ryback has done just fine on his end. He's been failed by his booking more than anything. Maybe the Heyman Shell Shock, but besides that he's been at least decent. Guy's consistently entertaining.

Top Bottom