• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

XenoRaven

I keep seeing people saying "people don't like Harper?" but I didn't see any posts from people saying they don't like Harper. Is it one of the people I have on ignore?

XenoRaven

Seriously though, if you don't like Harper I'm convinced you don't like wrestling.

Rafa can take his Renee Young creeping and stick it, brother. And that's a shoot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And the first non sound mod for WWE 2l15?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B5dX5WhGRQ&feature=youtu.be

THIS IS WRESTLING!!! *clap clap clapclapclap*

Brock looks taller on the PPVs though, can't imagine why,

#NotAllPCGamers
also:
I did this by simply renaming Brock Lesnar's .pac file to replace Naomi. Seems like its only possible to replace female with male wrestler and not vice versa as this causes the game to crash.
and you fucks think people are going to be able to mod in new modes. lolol

Vylash

tumblr_nnhtwqBrI91srbyoyo1_500.gif

i hear they lookin' for me, but i just keep em guessing, i'm makin' history, i'm goin' down a legend

look how i got em' now, they beggin' on they knees, i lit em' up boy, ain't no one hot as me

Nekofrog

Banned
Heenan could work the crowd at home in favor of a babyface like Warrior or spin them against the heel all in the same segment. He gave character to commentary, and fleshed out heel and face dynamics beyond what the wrestlers could do themselves.

even in WCW when he didn't give a crap, he was still on his game 80% of the time and it was glorious. just subtle one liners that if you didn't process you didn't get, but holy shit some of them were good

Just on my way in to Manchester to see this show in some sleazy promotion that combines hardcore wrestling and strippers:

The main event should be wild and really looking forward to Jigsaw vs Tommy End and that Gibson/Bubblegum tag team. Also hoping Viper destroys everyone in that women's battle royal!

How was it? Hxc has always looked interesting / scary to me

Are you local?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's bad in WCW, especially on early Nitro's. It is insane to think about but as I've been watching them this week I think the best commentator on these 1995 shows is probably Mongo.

Kaladin

He's bad in WCW, especially on early Nitro's. It is insane to think about but as I've been watching them this week I think the best commentator on these 1995 shows is probably Mongo.

His commentary over Hogan's turn at Bash at the Beach was great though. I felt like it was a big moment for his character finally being justified in hating Hogan all those years.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't understand people who say the "BUT WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON" was a major goof spoiler. it's like they don't understand that a huge part of heenan's character was absolutely HATING the man and distrusting everything he said and did.

Zach

even in WCW when he didn't give a crap, he was still on his game 80% of the time and it was glorious. just subtle one liners that if you didn't process you didn't get, but holy shit some of them were good
For realz. So incredible, even when he was unhappy.

Kaladin

i don't understand people who say the "BUT WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON" was a major goof spoiler. it's like they don't understand that a huge part of heenan's character was absolutely HATING the man and distrusting everything he said and did.

Exactly. Heenan hated Hogan, with a passion. Of course Heenan would question Hogan's motives and if he was wrong and he did come out to save WCW, then it would just be Heenan being Heenan.

But instead we got a glorious moment of vindication......righteous vindication.

Kaladin

– Former WWE Diva Jillian Hall was arrested for DUI back on April 10th in Orange County, Florida. You can see the arrest details from Mugshots.com.

Jillian was booked into the Orange County Jail at 4:28am that morning by the Orange County Sheriffs Office. Her charge was a misdemeanor DUI with a BAL of .20 or higher and she posted a bond of $500. According to the arrest report, Jillian has hired attorney Rajan Joshi and plead Not Guilty on April 14th. There is a pre-trial conference scheduled for May 14th.

Below is her mugshot photo:

Jillian-Faye-Hall-mugshot-36024528.400x800.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Exactly. Heenan hated Hogan, with a passion. Of course Heenan would question Hogan's motives and if he was wrong and he did come out to save WCW, then it would just be Heenan being Heenan.

But instead we got a glorious moment of vindication......righteous vindication.

That's his crowning WCW moment for sure. That and hoofing it when the NWO shows up.

Nekofrog

Banned
if it wasn't such a momentous occasion they should've cut to the caster desk where heenan could get up and do an "i was right and you're all stupid for not believing me" dance

Kaladin

if it wasn't such a momentous occasion they should've cut to the caster desk where heenan could get up and do an "i was right and you're all stupid for not believing me" dance

While there is no dance, you should watch the Nitro from the night after if I remember correctly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why do so many wrestlers get DUI's anyways?

Is it common in the US to drink and drive and not considered that big a deal in some places, maybe? Or do they just do a lot of checking? Or maybe wrestler culture?

– Former WWE Diva Jillian Hall was arrested for DUI back on April 10th in Orange County, Florida. You can see the arrest details from Mugshots.com.

Jillian was booked into the Orange County Jail at 4:28am that morning by the Orange County Sheriffs Office. Her charge was a misdemeanor DUI with a BAL of .20 or higher and she posted a bond of $500. According to the arrest report, Jillian has hired attorney Rajan Joshi and plead Not Guilty on April 14th. There is a pre-trial conference scheduled for May 14th.

Below is her mugshot photo:

Jillian-Faye-Hall-mugshot-36024528.400x800.jpg

man digging up dirt on people is not cool.

I imagine a lot of them get caught up just from all the driving and pain they have to wash away. Not to mention that they're risk taskers by trade.

fuck that he should go messier

New Day vs Uppercats on Smackdown was fantastic. Xavier playing loudmouth Worldstar fight comp guy, in ring being smooth as fuck, Kidd's mid rope somersault, Nattie's expression when Tyson dodged the Trouble in Paradise. Its all money.

Then we go to probably one of the more depressing segments in the last few months, Dean and Seth showing great chemistry, Dean proving he still has it, all in service of a meaningless Smackdown main event to build a repeat feud and more KANE IN 2015.
what dp you recommend? Have him come out covered in grease?

iMax

goddamn, i always think you guys are just being quiet for some reason and then i realise we're in a new month all of a sudden.

Why do so many wrestlers get DUI's anyways?

Is it common in the US to drink and drive and not considered that big a deal in some places, maybe? Or do they just do a lot of checking? Or maybe wrestler culture?

There isn't much public transportation in a lot of places and cabs are fucking expensive so people roll the dice and drive drunk. Its not smart but happens to a lot of people. I know one guy with three now. They suspended his license for 15 months.

Top Bottom