• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Bull has a god taste in shirts

CD9a3LMUkAAb9W1.jpg

They opened the show tonight with Kevin Owens pop up powerbombing Enzo Amore. I think they finally found the one way to get me to hate Kevin Owens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're insane.

Nah, he's right. Heenan is an unpleasant cunt in 99% of the early Nitros. He's snarky as fuck with Mongo, Tony, and Eric. Eric's a cunt too but Mongo and Tony don't deserve it. Even Mongo is trying to be friendly with him and Heenan just comes off as completely miserable. Mongo is enthusiastic. Honestly, most people would like Mongo if he just wasn't so loud.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah, he's right. Heenan is an unpleasant cunt in 99% of the early Nitros. He's snarky as fuck with Mongo, Tony, and Eric. Eric's a cunt too but Mongo and Tony don't deserve it. Even Mongo is trying to be friendly with him and Heenan just comes off as completely miserable. Mongo is enthusiastic. Honestly, most people would like Mongo if he just wasn't so loud.

Yep. I didn't bother to reply because if I hadn't watched the episodes myself I'd have agreed with the forumer who said I was insane. Brain is awful. Bischoff is worse. Mongo and his dog, besides blowing out the microphone, is funny and at times insightful about what is going on.

Brain's best moments involve him being right about Hogan, a couple of funny but racist quips from time to time on PPV, and a couple of his calls during Goldberg's rise to the top.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looking ahead to 1996, which I'll get to after I knock out these last few 1995 Nitros, it's pretty crazy the three month run there is right after Wrestlemania.

WCW has arguably its best show, Great American Bash 1996. WWF has the massively important to the history of the sport King of the Ring 1996, with Austin's promo and Mankind's PPV debut. Then WCW has an equally as historically important event in Bash at the Beach 1996.

Then the next thing happens in 1997 with Survivor Series and Starcade. Then in 1999 with the April 5th RAW/Nitro!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And I can't believe people hate on Art Donovan on commentary. He's hilarious and charming. It's like your dad who doesn't watch wrestling but he watches it just to see why you like it so much and tries his hardest to get into it.

Plus he picked Razor as his guy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And I can't believe people hate on Art Donovan on commentary. He's hilarious and charming. It's like your dad who doesn't watch wrestling but he watches it just to see why you like it so much and tries his hardest to get into it.

Plus he picked Razor as his guy.

I'd take a booth of Cole/Booker/Donovan. Fill a lot of time asking if this guy is a wrestler/how much does he weigh/how tall is this guy.

somedevil

I haven't been keeping up with NXT. Are people begging to be Finn Balor's tag team partner?

Yeah, he was looking for a tag partner for the NXT house show and he choose Billy Gunn.

Nice to see Crowe got rid of the troll hair. He just needs to get the tan level below orange now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also Rude and Madusa had an interview on WCW Saturday Night with JR and the first question is some woman, Yes Rick, 'I understand that Madusa is the first lady of WCW. But baby what do I have to do to be your first lady?'

Check your thirst, girl.

Mulligan and Bischoff as your hosts. What an odd couple.
TePnogr.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe people pretend Driveclub is good. Everything about it is fine until you get to the driving. It does some nice stuff but Jesus fuck, what a shitty, shitty game to actually play. I expected something competent, but GT and Forza shit on this from 100 stories up. Man...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can't believe people pretend Driveclub is good. Everything about it is fine until you get to the driving. It does some nice stuff but Jesus fuck, what a shitty, shitty game to actually play. I expected something competent, but GT and Forza shit on this from 100 stories up. Man...

Yeah, I really wanted to like it but I couldn't get into it at all.

Gran Turismo is a pile of fuckshit. Hasn't been good since 3

Hasney

RPS has a review of WWE 2K15 which ends up turning into a review of current WWE. Probably the best review of it which shows its not just a bad game, but a bad wrestling game for wrestling fans too.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/01/wwe-2k15-review-pc/

It is utter shite. I feel like I'm in bizarroworld when it gets brought up on gaming side.

Hasney

It reminds me of Ridge Racer with the fun and soundtrack removed so we can have a helping of motion blur smeared in your face.

DriveClub is fun. The handling's treads the line well between arcadey and challenging (although drifting can go fuck itself) and there's a ton of content, plus it looks gorgeous. The only trouble, in my book, is that the online is half-baked and the concept of a 'club' of friends driving together, racing, challenging other clubs, etc, would work a whole lot better in an open-world MMO racer like TestDrive Unlimited.

That being said, I want a new Ridge Racer already. And one that's an actual evolution of the series, not just a lick of paint. I miss drifting around entire tracks, the awesome soundtracks and Riiiiiiiiiidge Raaaaaacer!!!!

miserable

a new Ridge Racer (made by Namco, not outsourced to some 3rd rate studio) has as much a chance of happening as that match between Bryan and Nakamura

Hasney

Outrun 2 is the one of the only games I would have released yet again. That is just the most satisfying handling arcade racing game. Playing Outrun 3D on my 3DS, but it's just not the same.

there are only 2 good racing games, friends

I'm honestly perplexed that people enjoy Mario Kart, I've found that entire series to be nothing but shitty, shitty, shitty. I'll give you Cruis'n USA, though. That's a classic, but no love for Beetle Adventure Racing, AKA the best racing game on the N64?

Alucard

Banned
I'm honestly perplexed that people enjoy Mario Kart, I've found that entire series to be nothing but shitty, shitty, shitty. I'll give you Cruis'n USA, though. That's a classic, but no love for Beetle Adventure Racing, AKA the best racing game on the N64?

What are your thoughts on Crash Team Racing aka does Mario Kart better than Mario Kart?

Hasney

What are your thoughts on Crash Team Racing aka does Mario Kart better than Mario Kart?

Crash isn't good, even at the time. It's lucky it had Mario Kart 64 to compare it to, because it can't touch the original or Double Dash.

I'll buy arguments for Sonic Transformed, that's a fantastic game, even though my preference is still MK8.

Alucard

Banned
Crash isn't good, even at the time. It's lucky it had Mario Kart 64 to compare it to, because it can't touch the original or Double Dash.

I'll buy arguments for Sonic Transformed, that's a fantastic game, even though my preference is still MK8.

Is Double Dash the GC one? Never played it.

I will say right now that Mario Kart Wii is trash, though. The catch-up logic is so unfucking fair in multi-player. That's a game you don't want to have first place in on the final lap unless you like unlimited blue and red shells up your ass and like finishing 3rd or 4th. So unfair.

Hasney

Micro Machines is still one of my favourites

TT 96 with the 2 controller ports in the mega drive cartridge letting you play 8 player as you could share a joypad. That was immense

Is Double Dash the GC one? Never played it.

I will say right now that Mario Kart Wii is trash, though. The catch-up logic is so unfucking fair in multi-player. That's a game you don't want to have first place in on the final lap unless you like unlimited blue and red shells up your ass and like finishing 3rd or 4th. So unfair.

DD is the GC one yeah. But I think most of us will agree the Wii one is shite.

Top Bottom