• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

klonere

Banned
Watched a few matches from Payback. Ziggler Sheamus was solid, interesting that they let Ziggler go for the blood spot. Definitely added some heat to the feud. New Day Kiddsaro was great as usual. Hope Kiddsaro can pick up the titles again at EC or MiTB though. Also they STILL need new music. 4 way was fun but took ages to get going. I think you could skip to the Shield powerbomb spot and be fine. Dean got to kick out from the superman punch. Weak Pedigree but I love the idea behind it. Rollins still needs to stop being a bottom bitch though. Heel has to have some fire in him

Man, I'd need to put in some thought to fave five all of those.
I'm just going to say that Wario Land 2 is a rad GBC game for now.

It was a quick Fave Five. If I had more time to think about it some of those choices might have changed. A few were a really close call. A fave ten for each system might have been easier.

Kaladin

The only thing I didn't like about the Fatal 4 Way, it felt like Kane's whole indecisiveness storyline was pointless.

He created the Fatal Four Way to make Seth realize what it takes to be a champion, he claimed up to the match he didn't need the job and Triple H's threats were pointless....but when it came down to it he went all in with The Authority. Not even a hint of Kane wanting to fight Rollins or J&J.

It just made no sense.

Hasney

The only thing I didn't like about the Fatal 4 Way, it felt like Kane's whole indecisiveness storyline was pointless.

He created the Fatal Four Way to make Seth realize what it takes to be a champion, he claimed up to the match he didn't need the job and Triple H's threats were pointless....but when it came down to it he went all in with The Authority. Not even a hint of Kane wanting to fight Rollins or J&J.

It just made no sense.

It's not over yet. You know they have to pointlessly stretch these things over months.

Hasney

Actually, I think it is. The whole Kane storyline was meant to cover for Triple H's extended absence, and now him and Steph are back.

Didn't know that without watching, but still, they've managed to pointlessly drag Rusev/Cena on this long, what's one more tease for Kane?

Sephzilla

I totally agree with this.

He needs some actual credibility as champion in order to make is eventual defeat actually satisfying. The thing that made Triple H such a great world champ back in his corporate days was that, while he still relied on cronies and dirty tactics most of the time, when push came to shove he could still go one on one with people and look like a legit champ. This is because HHH would occasionally have mini feuds where he straight up won fights.

Reigns with that mustache and top knot would be p. neat.
Samureigns.

It just made no sense.

I was going to bring this up but figured I'd just be met with the usual "bleh Kane" hubbub.
This bugged the shit out of me last night, after all the actually decent build up they threw it all out the window like 5 minutes into the match as Kane just goes against everything the last few weeks had positioned him at to just be another obstacle for the faces to overcome.

Genuinely I was thinking that they could actually have built to a blowoff encounter between Kane and Rollins to fill a match gap at the Elimination Chamber special where Seth could get a clean win and send Kane packing for the time being as a decisive end to that saga.

Verendus

Banned
He needs some actual credibility as champion in order to make is eventual defeat actually satisfying. The thing that made Triple H such a great world champ back in his corporate days was that, while he still relied on cronies and dirty tactics most of the time, when push came to shove he could still go one on one with people and look like a legit champ. This is because HHH would occasionally have mini feuds where he straight up won fights.
I remember Jimmy breaking both Shawn Michaels and Randall Orton. He did it without any help. In Randall's case, he even gave him a wedgie.

I actually kinda liked the fact that the pedigree looked shitty. Sort of added to the whole over privileged champ Seth got going on right now. Like he's trying to impress Daddy H or something.

Also, I still see a killer face run in Rollins down the line. Watch those Shield matches and watch Rollins command the crowd.

klonere

Banned
Rollins needs to be put into a feud where he's straight up allowed to dominate and cleanly defend his title.

100% agree on this. Orton feud should have been this, its not going hurt Randy that much.

Kane and by extension the Authority storyline is here until Vince is gone. He's too attached to the storyline archetype that he was most personally involved in creating and getting over.

I actually kinda liked the fact that the pedigree looked shitty. Sort of added to the whole over privileged champ Seth got going on right now. Like he's trying to impress Daddy H or something.

Also, I still see a killer face run in Rollins down the line. Watch those Shield matches and watch Rollins command the crowd.

Just watched it, that was pretty bad. He takes a better Pedigree.

Sephzilla

I'd nominate Jericho to come and put over Rollins, but putting people over is basically the only thing Jericho has been doing for the last 5 years so that rub is worthless now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Randy sandbagged that Pedigree, brehs.

I'd nominate Jericho to come and put over Rollins, but putting people over is basically the only thing Jericho has been doing for the last 5 years so that rub is worthless now.

Jericho in 2015?

9APVddY.gif

Fox318

If Rollins wants to go over he needs to get away from HHH and Steph.

Every fucking match he is in is nothing but interference.

At some point shouldn't he be booked a little stronger?

Sephzilla

Did Rollins have one of the worst win %'s on that spreadsheet someone put together? Your world champ shouldn't be contending with Kane for the highest number of L's in a year.

TraBuch

Banned
Just wanna say that the New Day is awesome and Xavier Woods is fantastic. His running commentary throughout the match was great.

klonere

Banned
If Rollins wants to go over he needs to get away from HHH and Steph.

Every fucking match he is in is nothing but interference.

At some point shouldn't he be booked a little stronger?

No, at this stage I'm convinced that Rollins won and is keeping the belt warm for Brock and eventually Roman. no need to have him look convincing. he's gonna be fucked he drops it.

also funny that in the week where Vince's Shelton comment came up again we got an "all black people look alike" spot in the tag match ehehe

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I thought now the stone cold podcast was back we'd be done with this

I don't care about a podcast, playboy. Jericho doesn't have the credibility to put over main eventers in 2015. He did nothing for Wyatt last year except further his descent down the card.

Sephzilla

I don't care about a podcast, playboy. Jericho doesn't have the credibility to put over main eventers in 2015. He did nothing for Wyatt last year except further his descent down the card.

That's not 100% true. Jericho helped give Wyatt some momentum again after Wyatt was buried by Cena. The problem was that fucking immediately after the Jericho feud was done Wyatt was fed to Cena after SummerSlam, so anything positive Jericho did was immediately washed away

Top Bottom