• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

I totally forgot May 19th was a Kane thing until WWE's twitter feed reminded me.

Happy Kane Day friend Luchador!

11227508_10152950138656443_7093944924918761696_n.png

Kaladin

The word making the rounds, by the way, is that WWE has officially hired former NWA champion Adam Pearce on full-time and he will be joining the staff there as a Coach and Producer. Pearce was in Orlando today at meetings at the Performance Center.

Via PWINSIDER

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure that's a pic they lifted straight from WWE.

Also, dear god everything about that picture feels like it's from a circa-2001 eFed

Cagey

Banned

Global Force Wrestling is an old wrestler's convention masquerading as a promotion to satiate the bloodlust of fans who wish to see half-crippled men lace up for One More Match for minimal gate receipts and the television dollars associated with streaming on BleacherReport.tv

Kaladin

So I'm very tempted by this Lawler DVD set....if only for the Memphis matches curated from stuff that he owns at cost to WWE:

Empty Arena Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk
Memphis Wrestling • April 25, 1981

Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman
Memphis Wrestling • April 5, 1982

Jerry Lawler vs. “Superstar” Bill Dundee
Memphis Wrestling • June 6, 1983

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Jerry Lawler
Memphis Wrestling • August 4, 1982

Wrestler vs. Boxer & Manager Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman & Jimmy Hart
Memphis Wrestling • November 21, 1983

So I'm very tempted by this Lawler DVD set....if only for the Memphis matches curated from stuff that he owns at cost to WWE:

Empty Arena Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Terry Funk
Memphis Wrestling • April 25, 1981

Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman
Memphis Wrestling • April 5, 1982

Jerry Lawler vs. “Superstar” Bill Dundee
Memphis Wrestling • June 6, 1983

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
Ric Flair vs. Jerry Lawler
Memphis Wrestling • August 4, 1982

Wrestler vs. Boxer & Manager Match
Jerry Lawler vs. Andy Kaufman & Jimmy Hart
Memphis Wrestling • November 21, 1983

It's super fucking weird that of this whole list Andy Kaufman is the only dead one. Lawler will get there soon I'm sure

klonere

Banned
Choice quotes from HHH media call

Triple H says he likes Ring of Honor and Dragon Gate. He says he's not trying to make NXT a direct competition to them. He wants to make the best roster that he can. He thinks if NXT's business grows, so will RoH's. He said he'd love to help support ROH and grow.

X3lvD.gif

Vince McMahon doesn't see all of NXT. Triple H shows him bits and pieces.

Keep him in the dark for as long as possible Hunter.

rrc1594

Yep.

Had to emergency book Elimination Chamber after Bryan couldn't come back because I'm sure a lot of the guys in the EC match are also going to be in the MITB match.

I don't know how I feel about this.The build is going to suck, but it's two of my fav events back to back. I'm really looking forward to that Tag-team match

Kaladin

I don't know how I feel about this.The build is going to suck, but it's two of my fav events back to back. I'm really looking forward to that Tag-team match

Thing is, these multi-man matches require no build the way they're done now. All you need is two weeks to have matches that determine who qualifies and run an angle where they all get finishers on each other.

Boom....build done.

Barrage

Those complaining about Neville not being in the EC need to realize it's because the WWE is protecting him. They don't want him to eat a pin. He'll have a singles match against Bo Dallas or whoever and kill him.

Neville will, however, definently be in the MITB match. They need fresh bodies and he won't have to job to anyone in particular.

Thing is, these multi-man matches require no build the way they're done now. All you need is two weeks to have matches that determine who qualifies and run an angle where they all get finishers on each other.

Boom....build done.

Too bad they had all that Rusev/Lana stuff happen in 1 night

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Those complaining about Neville not being in the EC need to realize it's because the WWE is protecting him. They don't want him to eat a pin. He'll have a singles match against Bo Dallas or whoever and kill him.

Neville will, however, definently be in the MITB match. They need fresh bodies and he won't have to job to anyone in particular.

Losing a competitive match isn't jobbing. Losing in 10 seconds and 1 move is jobbing.

If Sami is not really hurt, when do you think he is going up to the roster after SS?

With Owens up and Itami out NXT is down to Balor, Zayn, and Breeze as credible top males. It sounds like Joe won't be there until August unless the stuff about him taking more bookings is a work. I can't imagine Sami coming up until they have one or two guys ready to replace him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watching the 90 minute version of Raw and man, it feels like they're responding to the crowd chants an awful lot recently. I mean, so long as they aren't "what."

Kaladin

With Owens up and Itami out NXT is down to Balor, Zayn, and Breeze as credible top males. It sounds like Joe won't be there until August unless the stuff about him taking more bookings is a work. I can't imagine Sami coming up until they have one or two guys ready to replace him.

You forgot about Uhaa Nation.

UberTag

Had to emergency book Elimination Chamber after Bryan couldn't come back because I'm sure a lot of the guys in the EC match are also going to be in the MITB match.
Sweet... even more R-Truth for us all.

tumblr_ne34jwikpq1qcluu2o2_r1_500.gif

It's still early, but word going around backstage is that the Network may be free for June as well.
Every month will be free until Summerslam.
And then every month will be free until Rumble.
And then every month will be free until Mania.

Why do people pay for the WWE Network again?

Toki767

Every month will be free until Summerslam.
And then every month will be free until Rumble.
And then every month will be free until Mania.

Why do people pay for the WWE Network again?

To be fair, Netflix and Hulu Plus give trial months every month.

WWE just needs to fix the loophole that allows people to use the same information but a different e-mail.

Top Bottom