• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Borman

To be fair, Netflix and Hulu Plus give trial months every month.

WWE just needs to fix the loophole that allows people to use the same information but a different e-mail.

The thing is, the WWE has been encouraging taking advantage of free months even for "past" users. They send out emails saying come back and watch for free.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
HHH watches real Dragon Gate for
tumblr_nl4b7aBTgX1t34v14o1_400.gif

Imagine how Yosuke Santa Maria would be treated in WWE

"He's a queer, Maggle, what a freak"

What would Cena say?

R-Truth is in the IC match because between that and the tag match the WWE can legally advertise that they are locking 5 black men up in cells live to their most loyal fan base.

somedevil

HHH said Hideo Itami is injured but will be "represented" at the PPV, so possibly a debut.

Maybe the unnamed Uhaa or Solomon Crowe.

As for some else. His Agent said this in an interview:

Any announcement that might be made about Joe working for NXT or the flexibilities will be left up to them (WWE), not to me," Behrens said. "But, I do believe what you're going to see with Samoa Joe is the beginning of a different way of working with top talent that's going to be beneficial to the business."

Generally speaking, Behrens said, "A lot of the negative that has been presented about how companies work with wrestlers has been involved in the quantity of control." He added, "In WWE's history, if you were WWE, that's all you did, you didn't do anything else... Whereas in NXT, for the first time they're starting to embrace pure indies star talent.

"Rhyno coming back, unique. Spanky (Brian Kendrick) coming back, unique," Behrens continued. "When A.J. (Styles) was leaving TNA, we heard from the Creative team briefly, but never from anyone who could hire A.J.

"At that time, A.J. was not somebody WWE would ever think about hiring. Now, that's changed dramatically within a year-and-a-half. You can see it in NXT. Paul (Levesque/Hunter) deserves all the credit because everything he's doing is thinking outside the box right now. I think it's an interesting idea."

So if he shows up its going to be like Rhyno where he can do indie dates as well

Kaladin

The more I think of it, Kevin Owens is getting the perfect main roster debut vs Cena. That was the perfect way to introduce him to legions of new fans.

I just pray to the wrestling god JBL that they don't fuck him up and have him loose to Cena already.

Kaladin

I'm telling ya, KO is a different beast. They're treating this guy as something special, as he should be.

He went out there on Raw and made a name for himself....not with a great match, but with a promo. The same kind of anti-Cena promo that we've seen dozens of times, by many people, but he nailed it. I look forward to the chaos KO brings to the main roster.

I don't think Owens will win, but I don't think they'll have him go down on his back. Maybe they'll do a thing where he starts beating the shit out of Cena in the corner and gets DQed when he keeps going after 5 or something like that.

Where they go from there, I don't know.

Alucard

Banned
I want to believe that Cena will be booked differently in this Owens feud. I want to believe Owens will win in relatively clean fashion and then win again at the next PPV too. But then what does Cena do after that without a title?

Sephzilla

I'd most likely imagine it's going to go something like this.

-Owens dominates 85% of the fight, kicks out of an AA.
-OH MY GOD A SECOND AA OUT OF NOWHERE
-CenawinsLOL
-Cena tries to shake Owens hand
-Owens cheap shots Cena

I want to believe that Cena will be booked differently in this Owens feud. I want to believe Owens will win in relatively clean fashion and then win again at the next PPV too. But then what does Cena do after that without a title?

He decides it's time to go after Flair's record

I'd like to think that the scene with Mr. Hs chatting with Owens is also significant to how big they're pushing him but I remember the last time I tried believing too much of WWE's writing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'd like to think that the scene with Mr. Hs chatting with Owens is also significant to how big they're pushing him but I remember the last time I tried believing too much of WWE's writing.

NXT is Hunter's pet project. He'll push for it any chance he gets.

Toki767

Ideally here's what should happen:

Owens beats Cena through a referee stoppage.
Then when Cena asks for a rematch Owens turns him down.
Then Cena offers to put up the US title and Owens laughs in his face and says that the NXT title he has is more prestigious.
Owens goes back to NXT bragging about beating Cena.
Cena challenges Owens for the NXT title at the next special.
Owens loses by countout or DQ.
Rematch at SummerSlam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd most likely imagine it's going to go something like this.

-Owens dominates 85% of the fight, kicks out of an AA.
-OH MY GOD A SECOND AA OUT OF NOWHERE
-CenawinsLOL
-Cena tries to shake Owens hand
-Owens cheap shots Cena

He decides it's time to go after Flair's record

There's like 0 chance this match is a clean finish, but you guys are forgetting that despite Cena's efforts to try and turn it around, its still the US Championship. Owens winning it is meaningless regardless of how it goes down or who he beats. Cena loses all the time, he just brushes it off like it didn't count and then wins 3+ consecutive matches afterwords.

Sephzilla

There's like 0 chance this match is a clean finish, but you guys are forgetting that despite Cena's efforts to try and turn it around, its still the US Championship. Owens winning it is meaningless regardless of how it goes down or who he beats. Cena loses all the time, he just brushes it off like it didn't count and then wins 3+ consecutive matches afterwords.

Didn't he have like the highest win % of any guy in 2014?

Also you're not wrong about him completely no selling losses.

Owens isn't winning anything, the Raw segment was too good so now Cena has to fuck Owens wife and make his kid stand and watch like Reek in order to get his heat back.

Heel

Well, I watched the snippet on YouTube. There's "it" factor, and then there's the opposite: Watching Kevin Owens' debut in the WWE.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Well, I watched the snippet on YouTube. There's "it" factor, and then there's the opposite: Watching Kevin Owens' debut in the WWE.
No friend Heel, Owens will be main eventing Mania against Bork. Did you see his one segment where he did what Tensai did? Next big thing, in more than one sense of the word.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know what Owens gimmick is supposed to be, but generic jerkass doesn't seem like its gonna go very far, particularly not given that he sounds so incredibly soft-spoken.

I mean, then again, Bray Wyatt is still doing that horrible cult leader thing, so idk.

Heel

Did people think Ziggy's scar was real or a practical make up effect? I'm not sure yet myself, so curious to hear some takes.

If Cena vs Owens ends up being the main event of EC, there might be a NXT invasion happening.

(Cause I'm not sure if WWE can make the two Chamber matches the main event with those lineups)

scabro

also caught it on youtube, Owens sounds like Kingpin from Daredevil on Netflix

i can only extrapolate that hes a giant pussy

Top Bottom