• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Alucard

Banned
I don't know what Owens gimmick is supposed to be, but generic jerkass doesn't seem like its gonna go very far, particularly not given that he sounds so incredibly soft-spoken.

I mean, then again, Bray Wyatt is still doing that horrible cult leader thing, so idk.

Owens is a psychotic bully who mostly speaks with clarity and purpose. It's hard to disagree with his words, which is what makes him such a captivating promo. You know he's an ass, but bah gawd you gotta respect him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Cena vs Owens ends up being the main event of EC, there might be a NXT invasion happening.

(Cause I'm not sure if WWE can make the two Chamber matches the main event with those lineups)

Isn't the main event Dean getting owned by Seth-Kun ('s buddies)

Alucard

Banned
Did people think Ziggy's scar was real or a practical make up effect? I'm not sure yet myself, so curious to hear some takes.

Like with Brock at Wrestlemania XXXI, I'm on #TeamHardway. A blood capsule under a skin graft would have been too elaborate in this case.

Kaladin

Owens is a psychotic bully who mostly speaks with clarity and purpose. It's hard to disagree with his words, which is what makes him such a captivating promo. You know he's an ass, but bah gawd you gotta respect him.

Exactly. He's Brock Lesnar, but he's a prize fighter fighting to feed his kids. He's not an emotionless ass kicker that takes pleasure in causing pain....he's got a purpose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know. Owens just sounded like the annoying passive-aggressive guy at your job. He also looks like that guy.

Fox318

If Cena vs Owens ends up being the main event of EC, there might be a NXT invasion happening.

(Cause I'm not sure if WWE can make the two Chamber matches the main event with those lineups)

HHH knows that would kill NXT.

Look at the loss they just handed Sting. As long as Dunn and Vince are there the WWE brand will be the most important thing.

NoRéN

I don't know what Owens gimmick is supposed to be, but generic jerkass doesn't seem like its gonna go very far, particularly not given that he sounds so incredibly soft-spoken.

I mean, then again, Bray Wyatt is still doing that horrible cult leader thing, so idk.

Generic bully who fights for his family. Apparently, having a family to support is something unique among the WWE.

I've seen the term thrown around before but not yet for him. Indy darling. That helps. Also, he's going against Cena. Internet hates Cena so this helps too.

Aiii

So not worth it
HHH knows that would kill NXT.

Look at the loss they just handed Sting. As long as Dunn and Vince are there the WWE brand will be the most important thing.

This was before Vince ever saw a NXT show, though.

Then he did, and we got Neville, Zayn and Steen with (damn near) perfect debuts... Coincidence?

Fox318

This was before Vince ever saw a NXT show, though.

Then he did, and we got Neville, Zayn and Steen with (damn near) perfect debuts... Coincidence?

I think that pushed out the shit like the booking of Charlotte. Dunn and Hayes couldn't run to Vince and complain about the WWE brand not being the focus and shit.

The biggest thing about NXT is that they are trying to create stars.

Fuck worrying about if guys are gonna go to TNA or Japan you own their name and you could own what gets them over. WWE needs to stop worrying about paying guys and start worrying about making wrestling fucking popular again.

Vince was always afraid to give guys money up front because he didn't want his guys getting Kevin Nash/Hogan/or Bill Goldberg WCW type deals.

In Vince's head he is able to book 1-2 stars and everyone else is a fucking jobber and who gives a fuck about them.

Its why Reigns is kinda in the Cena spot right now. Hell notice how Cena has been better now that he is away from any McMachon Family drama shit?

participation-medal.jpg
[

GAF, convince me on Kevin Owens' look

In case you haven't noticed lately, wrestling fans are all about that Kevin Owens look. I hadn't heard about this guy until my roommate mentioned it. She used to be crazy over guys she claimed had the "Kevin Owens". After observing the guys she found attractive, I came to understand this body type well and was able to identify it. The Kevin Owens look is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. His look says, "I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time." It's not an overweight guy, but it isn't one with washboard abs, either.

When taking mark photos wrestling fans want to be "the cute one". We love people saying "they look cute together." But we still like being the center of attention. We want to look skinny and the bigger the wrestler, the smaller we feel and the better we look next to you in a picture.

Wrestling fans tend to picture their future together with their favourites early on. Therefore, if he already has the Kevin Owens going on, we can get used to it when he's on the indies, goes to NXT, moves onto become champion. We know what we are getting into when he's got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he's going to have at 45.

Top Bottom