• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
In case you haven't noticed lately, wrestling fans are all about that Kevin Owens look. I hadn't heard about this guy until my roommate mentioned it. She used to be crazy over guys she claimed had the "Kevin Owens". After observing the guys she found attractive, I came to understand this body type well and was able to identify it. The Kevin Owens look is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. His look says, "I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time." It's not an overweight guy, but it isn't one with washboard abs, either.

When taking mark photos wrestling fans want to be "the cute one". We love people saying "they look cute together." But we still like being the center of attention. We want to look skinny and the bigger the wrestler, the smaller we feel and the better we look next to you in a picture.

Wrestling fans tend to picture their future together with their favourites early on. Therefore, if he already has the Kevin Owens going on, we can get used to it when he's on the indies, goes to NXT, moves onto become champion. We know what we are getting into when he's got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he's going to have at 45.

The term "Kevin bod" was virtually absent from Wrasslegaf conversation until May 19, when a mark ass poster named Sandman penned a post on the www.neogaf.com forum titled "I'm telling ya, KO is a different beast. They're treating this guy as something special, as he should be." His argument was counter-intuitive, suggesting that wrasslin fans were attracted to men whose physiques reflect "a nice balance between a beer gut and working out" than they are to hunks with washboard abs.

May he ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

iq3syn6py16tt-gif.gif

Fury Road was SO GOOD

scabro

In case you haven't noticed lately, wrestling fans are all about that Kevin Owens look. I hadn't heard about this guy until my roommate mentioned it. She used to be crazy over guys she claimed had the "Kevin Owens". After observing the guys she found attractive, I came to understand this body type well and was able to identify it. The Kevin Owens look is a nice balance between a beer gut and working out. His look says, "I go to the gym occasionally, but I also drink heavily on the weekends and enjoy eating eight slices of pizza at a time." It's not an overweight guy, but it isn't one with washboard abs, either.

When taking mark photos wrestling fans want to be "the cute one". We love people saying "they look cute together." But we still like being the center of attention. We want to look skinny and the bigger the wrestler, the smaller we feel and the better we look next to you in a picture.

Wrestling fans tend to picture their future together with their favourites early on. Therefore, if he already has the Kevin Owens going on, we can get used to it when he's on the indies, goes to NXT, moves onto become champion. We know what we are getting into when he's got the same exact body type at the age of 22 that he's going to have at 45.

John-Cena-Not-Bad.gif

To me this is who Kevin Owens reminds me of. Which is not a bad thing. Bad ass brawler bully guy.

oRJXIu.jpg
UnlinedUnderstatedGarpike.gif

Ultratech

Nah, that dude just looks fat.

Like he quit giving a fuck or something.

(He probably does look semi-intimidating...but that's about it.)

Honestly think Owens vs Cena at Elimination Chamber is just a one off and no matter who wins, Owens will go back to NXT for a while longer.
I'm going to see an NXT event on June 12th, and I won't even be mad if he's not there.

They've booked him better than anyone could've hoped for, so far...let him get a win and move up pronto. He's been GOLD on NXT.

Striker

I don't like Kevin Owens look.

There, I said it.
He reminds me of Taz when he crossed over from ECW and started wearing pants and a t-shirt. It's shit.

It's one thing if your attire is based on a gimmick like Big Bossman, but this guy's look just screams he stepped off a random indie bus and walked into the arena - complete with tape on the shirt.

I'm going to see an NXT event on June 12th, and I won't even be mad if he's not there.

They've booked him better than anyone could've hoped for, so far...let him get a win and move up pronto. He's been GOLD on NXT.

And even more fun on house shows. I just went to an NXT show myself and Owens was easily the most entertaining guy there. He just always looks like he's having so much fucking fun.

Borman

I think it's awesome that Owens did the Five Knuckle Shuffle at NXT Albany, then showed up on Raw two days later. Go figure.

Limit

It's not Kevin Ownes being 900p that bothers me but the fact that he doesn't run at 60fps. The frameskips in his animations are really jarring.

Zach

Honestly, he's like Arn and Tully rolled into one
Hahahaha. Kevin Owens in the same conversation as Arn Anderson. Hahahaha.

He has an air of seriousness to him that I quite like. He mostly seems to believe in the gimmick and portrays himself as genuine, so I'm down.

But Arn Anderson? C'mon, man. That's Grade A, top tier stuff. From what I've seen, Arn is a better wrestler, without a doubt a better talker, and -- this isn't one Arn gets very often, so enjoy it! -- has a better look.

Zach

He reminds me of Taz when he crossed over from ECW and started wearing pants and a t-shirt. It's shit.

It's one thing if your attire is based on a gimmick like Big Bossman, but this guy's look just screams he stepped off a random indie bus and walked into the arena - complete with tape on the shirt.
It's pretty bad. I'm letting him win me over with his legit skillz, but the look is bad. I think I dislike the shorts the most. Haha. He's like the dude down the street that sometimes plays hoops in the driveway.

Alucard

Banned
Damn. Okada vs. Alexander from Global Wars night 1 was something else. Great one-on-one contest. And ROH's lighting looked better too. Did they have a new rig for these shows? Sure looked like it.

RP912

Banned
Batista_wave.gif

It's been real Wrasslegaf. Honestly, I have been kind of indifferent with wrestling lately even on the NJPW end. It's not the same no more. So I'm officially hanging up the brass ring for the next person to step in this place. Had some good times and funny moments in this community, but no use of being a part timer and contributing little to nothing because of my ever growing lack of interest with wrestling.

See ya.

PS- Bray Wyatt is still one of the best to lace up the boots.

Kaladin

Batista_wave.gif

It's been real Wrasslegaf. Honestly, I have been kind of indifferent with wrestling lately even on the NJPW end. It's not the same no more. So I'm officially hanging up the brass ring for the next person to step in this place. Had some good times and funny moments in this community, but no use of being a part timer and contributing little to nothing because of my ever growing lack of interest with wrestling.

See ya.

See ya next week JP812

Juan-Cena2.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's sad that they didn't run with Juan Cena for a month or two. Worse crime of the Nexus era, even ahead of King Bad News not getting the belt.

Batista_wave.gif

See ya.

Community is always open friend

Vylash

Batista_wave.gif

It's been real Wrasslegaf. Honestly, I have been kind of indifferent with wrestling lately even on the NXT end. It's not the same no more. So I'm officially hanging up the brass ring for the next person to step in this place. Had some good times and funny moments in this community, but no use of being a part timer and contributing little to nothing because of my ever growing lack of interest with wrestling.

See ya.

PS- "The Big Bad Wolf Of NXT" Baron "End of Days" Corbin is still one of the best to lace up the boots.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Batista_wave.gif

It's been real Wrasslegaf. Honestly, I have been kind of indifferent with wrestling lately even on the NXT end. It's not the same no more. So I'm officially hanging up the brass ring for the next person to step in this place. Had some good times and funny moments in this community, but no use of being a part timer and contributing little to nothing because of my ever growing lack of interest with wrestling.

See ya.

PS- "The Big Bad Wolf Of NXT" Baron "End of Days" Corbin is still one of the best to lace up the boots.

See ya next week CureVylash

Juan-Cena2.jpg

Top Bottom