• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

NoRéN

Yo in what levels does Mil have Brock in him?

Great Lucha today!!
Haha! The Brock comparisons have been ocher by some at the takings. Ever since his return Mil has been way more ruthless and everyone's loved it. Felix was a fan favorite and yet Mil was the one being cheered after that particular taping. Dude comes in looking to add to the 1000 deaths.

Only difference would be that Brock smiles as he maims and mil doesn't.

It's the beginning of a great build.

The most hilarious thing about today's news is that DA was in talks with LU for MONTHS. They were seriously considering actually going all in with wrestling after the first few TNA shows did great ratings and stacking two indie promotions on top of each other is a good idea that no one tried before.

Then that shit with Dixie happens and now they are basically getting replaced by a repeat.

At least a few people in TNA told Dave and Voices of Wrestling that they heard the Dixie email story in February. Not sure if it instigated the decision to pursue getting ROH tapes but it sure didn't help regardless of when it happened.

Brosiris

Neo Member
How dare you insult one of the greatest rappers of all time.

No diss, I'm addicted to this song since wednesday. I can't stop listening to it.

But I also can't take "Girls, rub on your titties/ Yeah I said it, rub on your titties" seriously. The "Yeah, I said it" part cracks me up every time. It's like a kid that thinks he's saying something unbelievably shocking.

Also, I appreciate that he adresses the potential sexism with "Some might even say this song is sexist-es/Cause I asked the girls to rub on their breast-eses". That's some very creative rhyming.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why they didn't rebrand the company when they went to DA, no one knows. I'm sure they could have gone with iMPACT America or something.

Why they didn't rebrand the company when they went to DA, no one knows. I'm sure they could have gone with iMPACT America or something.

A rose by any other name would still smell sweet. Can't change the stink TNA has.no one to blame but themselves, they wanted to be WCW 2.0. Not a big loss on the wrestling business. Only thing I will kiss is laughing at their incompetence

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A rose by any other name would still smell sweet. Can't change the stink TNA has.no one to blame but themselves, they wanted to be WCW 2.0. Not a big loss on the wrestling business. Only thing I will kiss is laughing at their incompetence

You're a wrestling company, already a detriment to advertisers. Your name, despite your content now being roughly PG/Very mild TV 14, is TNA.

Sephzilla

You're a wrestling company, already a detriment to advertisers. Your name, despite your content now being roughly PG/Very mild TV 14, is TNA.
They could rename it Super Happy Fun Time Wrestling, people would still know it was shit because it was ran by Dixie Carter

They tried changing to Impact Wrestling in 2011-2012 but it failed because casuals genuinely thought TNA went off the air and this was something different while everyone else knew it was the same shit they hated. They made the bed of "product named TNA" and stood proudly with it for 11 years of their existence, now they're stuck with it as it sinks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd pay substantially more than 9.99 to see Stro and Scott Norton versus The Cat. He can even have the Yung Dragons with him.

Vee_One

I'd pay substantially more than 9.99 to see Stro and Scott Norton versus The Cat. He can even have the Yung Dragons with him.

What surprises me is that the Cat has 852 followers. I thought being a wrestler / ex wrestler would net you at least a few thousand. Not that it matters, just surprised

somedevil

I'm caught up with walking dead (well for netflix anyway). I've never seen NXT, where do I begin?

If you have the network it all depends where you want to begin. If you want to start from where the big names started coming in I would start at the NXT fatal four way pay per view on Sept 11 2014. This is the debut of Itami and starts the Zayn title chase with Balor and Owens coming as well.

After a few weeks off, I'm officially back on the Lucha underground train. DVR is set to get last week's and tonight's ep. NXT was good but man Joe and the Dubstep Express themes are awful stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only think worse than Kane in 2015 is akebonk in 2015 :(

Go needs to jump ship

Akebono is the third most entertaining guy in AJPW right now. He's the closest thing to a modern Andre with Akiyama booking.

Only thing worse than Kane in 2015 is Go going to a Gedo booked company in 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He can go to the jado booked one instead. NOAH needs a fresh face

To make Maurufuji look stronk? To tag team with Captain NOAH? To be part of a rehash of a NJPW storyline that's gone on for way too long?

NOAH was far more enjoyable before Jado started booking. Before, the heavyweight division(the Marufuji division) was garbage but the juniors were top tier. Now everything is garbage with Taichi and the gang shitting up the ring.

LycanXIII

I wish NXT was at least half an hour longer. I've only started watching it this past month, so I'm still lost whenever someone new shows up. Like Solomon Crowe tonight. Should I have took him serious, or not?

VTOuodY.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mil Muertes finisher needs to just be that powerbomb instead of the stupid fucking flatliner.

And I love that he has goons now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wish NXT was at least half an hour longer. I've only started watching it this past month, so I'm still lost whenever someone new shows up. Like Solomon Crowe tonight. Should I have took him serious, or not?

Not at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about extending NXT. I feel they have the roster to have that extra time, but at the same time you don't want over exposure and repeat of matches.

Two weeks ago, the Discovery Network sent out a memo stating: "Destination America is not renewing TNA Wrestling next year. While the ratings were strong, the audience was not large enough to justify the program investment. We plan to honor the current contract and continue to air original episodes of TNA Wrestling on Friday nights through the end of the third quarter 2015. When the up-front rate card is released, the Friday night anthology title will now be called 'American Tales,' which will be a combination of Paranormal and Americana programming. I hope this is good news given all of the advertisers that included TNA on their DNA list."

The DNA list is for when advertisers buy time on the station as a whole instead of just a specific show, the DNA, or Do Not Advertise list, is something sponsors list for shows they specifically don't want their ads on.

TNA replaced by ghosts and America

Top Bottom