• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

somedevil

WWE is going after every one now:

WWE officials have reportedly changed their thoughts on signing former TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

AJ is the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion and considers New Japan Pro Wrestling to be home, and is under contract, but WWE is interested in signing him. WWE is looking to have three touring brands in 2016 and want to load up on as much quality talent as they can.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Three touring brands? Jesus. That seems excessive?

What are they going to do? NXT / WWE / ?

The only thing I could hope for is that it means less work schedule for everyone.

Fewer events = less wear and tear and more rest time = fewer injuries = happier workers

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That was a great episode of Lucha, even without Pentagod Jr. Mil Muertes is fave five material. Ricky Banderas got to be most improved of 2015. 40 years old and he finally found his spot. His spot as the Mexican death god.

c52YpII.png

Pentagon Jr/Mysterio feud? I hope it goes better than Rey's last feud that came off the death of someone close.
WWE is going after every one now:

Doubt AJ will go with them.

Strong BJ explodes!!!

The hardcore style Big Japan Pro Wrestling has announced its top two matches for one of its biggest undertakings in history, a 7/20 show at Sumo Hall. The main event pits Daisuke Sekimoto, the group's biggest star, defending his World Strongest belt against longtime tag team partner Yuji Okabayashi, plus Abdullah Kobayashi defends his Death match championship against Ryuji Ito.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The only thing I could hope for is that it means less work schedule for everyone.

Fewer events = less wear and tear and more rest time = fewer injuries = happier workers

Raw/Smackdown/NXT

Brand split and two world titles are coming back, brehs.

OctoMan

Banned

The main roster mostly tours on wdifwiyh split rosters already. I'm assuming that's what they meant.

Holy goddamn shit this new Observer

Dave Meltzer said:
Fuck TNA as a staff, record label, and as a motherfuckin' crew. And if you wanna be down with TNA, fuck you too.

Corgan, a rock star as the key man in the "Smashing Pumpkins" band and a long time wrestling fan, wrote, "It wouldn't be so bad if the whole truth was being reported and the person reporting wasn't being worked himself by a sloppy angle."

In other words, he was claiming there was an angle going on, which can only be presumed that TNA creative is doing a storyline where they are about to lose television, and channel the spirit of Brian Pillman.

ALL THIS IS MY JAM

So this is the Angela Fong story deal. It's basically an idea taken from the Mortal Kombat series as the Dario Cueto character is based on Shang Tsung and the masked guy who is Fong's mentor is the protector of good Raiden. The working name for the masked guy is Dragon Azteca, although they could change since they haven't given him a name yet. The idea is he's the guy who was on the very first show that found Prince Puma as a kid in Boyle Heights without a mask and gave him the mask and made him Prince Puma. He's also the one who kidnapped Fong, Black Lotus, early in the season, as she was headed into the room to find Cueto's monster brother. He's going to be the top babyface character protecting over the people Cueto abuses. The idea is to start marketing the company around seven characters, which are Puma, King Cuerno, Mil Muertes, Dario's monster brother (not sure who will end up with that character), Dragon Azteca and two more, likely Mysterio and Alberto..

No Pentagon is WTF. Tho

Two weeks ago, the Discovery Network sent out a memo stating:
"Destination America is not renewing TNA Wrestling next year. While the ratings were strong, the audience was not large enough to justify the program investment. We plan to honor the current contract and continue to air original episodes of TNA Wrestling on Friday nights through the end of the third quarter 2015. When the up-front rate card is released, the Friday night anthology title will now be called 'American Tales,' which will be a combination of Paranormal and Americana programming. I hope this is good news given all of the advertisers that included TNA on their DNA list."
The DNA list is for when advertisers buy time on the station as a whole instead of just a specific show, the DNA, or Do Not Advertise list, is something sponsors list for shows they specifically don't want their ads on.

jeeeeeeeeeezus

bwahahaha

Not even the best part

At the last set of tapings, they were filming for a pilot episode of a Dixie Carter reality show, filming where she gave a speech to the talent and introduced Billy Corgan. During her speech to the talent, she talked about how you shouldn't believe the ratings you read because they don't include the DVR viewership numbers. There is a feeling that even if worst comes to worst as far as not getting a new U.S. TV deal goes, that there is incentive to keep TNA alive as long as the Carter reality show deal is still on the table, because the hook is a woman that runs a company in the male dominated pro wrestling industry. There are also a number of international television contracts in place for Impact so, and this is if they can't get U.S. television in the fall, do they keep producing new content to fulfill their worldwide deals? Nobody really has an answer, but if it is affirmative, that would also necessitate even more financial cutbacks

Friends, Roman fans and WrassleGaf-men.....it's time I take a break from this place.

I spend too much time here, and I need to branch out more.

I also need to step back and enjoy wrestling and leave the commentary and drama of this place behind for a while.

So long.....

wrestling-fail.gif

Hope you find you smile.
In the third row

Dixie Carter is planning a reality show based on herself? Who would watch that?

All Dixie wants is to be on TV. Remember that deal where they were willing to sell TNA, but the deal-breaker for interested parties was the provision that even if somebody bought the company, they had to employ DIxie as an on-air personality?

TNA Mecca is gonna be pissed!

I bet they spin it into thinking that Destination America loves wrestling so much they wanted to pair TNA and ROH and there's gonna be an invasion angle on TNA and cross-promotion matches too. :D

Man, you predicted this, and I've already seen a bunch of twitter posts from the drooling TNA fanbase saying this very thing.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Of the NXT call ups to WWE, are there any that any of you miss on the program?

Big E with his five count?
Bo playing the weasel heel?
Paige being allowed to wrestle?
Adam Rose having a crowd that cared for him?
Etc.

I doubt anyone would want to see Xavier back since I don't remember him having any memorable angles or matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also I've been listening to Jarrett's WCW theme on loop for the last 10 minutes, and I don't know why.
I just remembered Jack Swagger exists.

What the hell happened to him?
He got buried to put over a guy who existed to put over John Cena and get Vince a hot new blonde side piece despite injuring less people than Luke Harper, Big Show, and Ryback.

Hire Vader to be Swagger's Harley Race and have him talk on commentary about his client Jack Swagger being a legit, and I mean legit, 6'7" while putting his hand on Michael Cole's shoulder.

Sorry, but I came to this late: Destination America boots TNA, and reels in ROH?

ROH is the lead-in for TNA until September, and in TNA's final moments, HHH will buy out the company for pennies on the dollar, and proceed to personally bury everything himself with a shovel, gloating the entire time about how its "my time."

Cue three months, and NXT suddenly goes rogue and breaks from WWE, lands a major TV deal on Monday night at 9, and HHH proceeds to spend the next 6 years burying the McMahons alive in their own nightmare.

Top Bottom