• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oh no, did they cheer when they should have clapped? Seriously, the complaints about Full Sail are getting incredibly forced.
How about booing a heel when he beat the face of your brand instead of chanting "Ole!" like a bunch of troglodytes? All because he came out to Zayns song they felt compelled to act like fools. No respect for kayfabe these fucking birdmen.

Cagey

Banned
How about booing a heel when he beat the face of your brand instead of chanting "Ole!" like a bunch of troglodytes? All because he came out to Zayns song they felt compelled to act like fools. No respect for kayfabe these fucking birdmen.

Let's not sully the Oscar award winner for Best Picture, a cinematic tour de force and scathing criticism of the Marvelization of Hollywood driven by Best Picture nominee Michael Keaton, and the only good comic book movie ever made, by associating them with the Full Sail Faithful (TM).

reposting 70mb gifs and body shaming on the same page? dream is on a rampage

dream needs to stay out my lane.

tumblr_nocyn8qBXr1qla0vqo1_1280.png

Heel

Let's not sully the Oscar award winner for Best Picture, a cinematic tour de force and scathing criticism of the Marvelization of Hollywood driven by Best Picture nominee Michael Keaton, and the only good comic book movie ever made, by associating them with the Full Sail Faithful (TM).

mPJdDkl.gif

jmdajr

I just hope the people who complain about NXT crowd better not complain about the elimination chamber crowd in Corpus Christi.

Starting a chant there. That deserves an achievement award.

edit: The maximum capacity of the arena is 10,000 for sporting events and concerts

Sephzilla

This is a joke post, right?

somedevil

So WWE will have 6,000 people there?

This arena did a Raw Jan 5 and the attendance was 7,638 out of a capacity of 7,638 from that leak of WWE ranking all the cities. So they sold out the last time the WWE was there in Jan.

Corpus Christi is a B+ city which means they a lot people come to the shows to sit on their hands.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tell me more about why a crowd shouldn't do a wrestlers cheer after a heel comes out to that wrestlers theme music
You should tell me why a crowd would do a wrestlers chant when a heel comes out to that wrestlers music after said heel beat the shit out of said wrestler.

The self-aware nature of the NXT crowd has led them to ignore kayfabe and inject themselves into the product. Just watch the tape again friend, they laughed and smiled at Kevin like "oh you." Cause wrestling is fake, right? I get it they read the dirtsheets and know that Sami tore his shoulder before the Cena match. So why boo Kevin right? I mean he's a "heel" sure, but he just had a fake match for his fake belt where nothing matters cause everything is fake and the NXT crowd knows that, so let's act like jackasses cause we're on TV.

Heel

Pretty much all the good seats for elimination Chamber are gone. Only nose bleeds left.

Are the nosebleeds quieter, as fans know they can't get themselves over all the way up there? Could be the superior viewing experience, when you think about it.

Sephzilla

You should tell me why a crowd would do a wrestlers chant when a heel comes out to that wrestlers music after said heel beat the shit out of said wrestler.

The self-aware nature of the NXT crowd has led them to ignore kayfabe and inject themselves into the product. Just watch the tape again friend, they laughed and smiled at Kevin like "oh you." Cause wrestling is fake, right? It's cool they read the dirtsheets and know that Sami tore his shoulder before the Cena match. So why boo Kevin right? I mean he's a "heel" sure, but he just had a fake match for his fake belt where nothing matters cause everything is fake and the NXT crowd knows that, so let's act like jackasses cause we're on TV.

Because they still like that other wrestler, and chanting for Zayn could get under Owens skin. The kayfabe response to what Owens did should be to stick it to Owens and cheer for Zayn anyway even if Owens destroyed him. Crowds laughed and smiled at Hollywood Rock even though he was a top heel, were all of those crowds self-aware and trying to inject themselves in the product?

Plywood quotes from the future
Plywood said:
Jesus I hate the NXT crowd. Why are they chanting for Samoa Joe during a Kevin Owens match? It's so disrespectful and stupid since Owens and Joe aren't fighting tonight

The self-aware nature of the NXT crowd has led them to ignore kayfabe and inject themselves into the product.

The crowd's at NXT are terrible and distract from the show but this isn't limited to them. Fans are free to cheer and boo who they want. Anytime Naito works is Osaka he gets booed because the fans think he sucks. Mexico is full of 'rudo' fans that go against booking and cheer the bad guys. Bookers and wrestlers need to be aware this is a thing and work around it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Because they still like that other wrestler, and chanting for Zayn could get under Owens skin. Crowds laughed and smiled at Hollywood Rock even though he was a top heel, were all of those crowds self-aware and trying to inject themselves in the product?
That'd be a lot of skin to get under. I just don't like it when this crowd tries to get itself over. During the Emma/Bayley match some jackass literally goes "HEY DANA! BOOOOOOOOOOOO". This is developmental, but the crowd sure doesn't care for that fact.

Sephzilla

That'd be a lot of skin to get under. I just don't like it when this crowd tries to get itself over. During the Emma/Bayley match some jackass literally goes "HEY DANA! BOOOOOOOOOOOO". This is developmental, but the crowd sure doesn't care for that fact.

Hold on wait a minute.

You were just complaining that the crowd chanted Ole instead of booing Owens, and now you're complaining that they booed a fucking heel who came out alongside another heel?

Heel

It's developmental, in that WWE is preparing their NXT contractors for the awful crowds they'll have to endure for the rest of their careers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hold on wait a minute.

You were just complaining that the crowd chanted Ole instead of booing Owens, and now you're complaining that they booed a fucking heel?
If she had actually done something then it would've been understandable, but she was getting X-pac heat just standing there. The crowd has been on hard on her since her debut.

Does anyone remember the name of that gay tag team that used to be on rawsd early 2000? I only remember the gifs. Looked like a hilarious storyline with the wedding and all

Sephzilla

I would prefer the crowd have less kneejerk reactions and let people grow naturally so we don't get another Adam Rose which does well in NXT gets bumped up and then bombs.

So was Funkasaurus Brodus Clay NXT's fault as well? Because he was the exact same thing as Adam Rose, a shitty wrestler with an intro that got over. Oh wait, the Funkasaurus gimmick didn't start in NXT so it doesn't fit your Full Sail complex. A guy that gets over because of his intro isn't something even remotely linked to NXT's crowds.

Adam Rose got bumped up because he was 35 and been in developmental for 4 years. He got a reaction so they said now or never. He fits in the boat like the Ascension older talents getting called to get a chance rather than getting cut.

Also this

somedevil

I would prefer the crowd have less kneejerk reactions and let people grow naturally so we don't get another Adam Rose which gets over in NXT gets bumped up and then bombs.

Adam Rose got bumped up because he was 35 and been in developmental for 4 years. He got a reaction so they said now or never. He fits in the boat like the Ascension older talents getting called to get a chance rather than getting cut.

tm24

Death God Mil bringing the unprotected chair shots back. He really is Undertaker 2.0

Joe Lider has actually brought something to wrestling! Getting luchadors ready for chair shots!

Mexico is full of 'rudo' fans that go against booking and cheer the bad guys. Bookers and wrestlers need to be aware this is a thing and work around it.
It's honestly only Arena Mexico fans and goddamn do they make things more entertaining

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So was Funkasaurus Brodus Clay NXT's fault as well? Because he was the exact same thing as Adam Rose, a shitty wrestler with an intro that got over. Oh wait, the Funkasaurus gimmick didn't start in NXT so it doesn't fit your Full Sail complex.
What that has to do with me saying that NXT gimmicks won't necessarily translate to Raw crowds? Besides that I haven't said anything about Full Sail considering this last episode they were in Orlando.
I suppose there's that, but Emma also bombed on the main roster.

Top Bottom