• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

kirblar

Blake and Murphy have a complete and total douche-bro thing going on. It's not that original, but at least it's something different from everything else in WWE, despite how generic they are.

All wrestling crowds are awful. I should really get into Lucha Underground because it has a proper cast of background actors to fill out the audience.

gurudyne

I'm surprised people are reading so far into Dana Brook getting booed. Everyone gets booed at the beginning. Sasha got booed when she was hanging out with Summer Rae, then she developed a character and got better in the ring, now people like her. Same for Charlotte--green as shit at first, switched between "I'll make it on my own" and "Look I'm a Flair!" for the first few weeks, then found her groove. Bayley--had some gimmick I can't even remember, don't remember the crowd reacting to her much at all, then hugs happened and the crowd fell in love with it.

I don't doubt people will eventually like Dana. NXT's good at improving their characters and wrestling abilities over time, but they're usually bad at one or both when they start out. This whole "Full Sail boos her because smark elitism" line of thinking is garbage.

I'm surprised people are reading so far into Dana Brook getting booed. Everyone gets booed at the beginning. Sasha got booed when she was hanging out with Summer Rae, then she developed a character and got better in the ring, now people like her. Same for Charlotte--green as shit at first, switched between "I'll make it on my own" and "Look I'm a Flair!" for the first few weeks, then found her groove. Bayley--had some gimmick I can't even remember, don't remember the crowd reacting to her much at all, then hugs happened and the crowd fell in love with it.

I don't doubt people will eventually like Dana. NXT's good at improving their characters and wrestling abilities over time, but they're usually bad at one or both when they start out. This whole "Full Sail boos her because smark elitism" line of thinking is garbage.

Paying customers expect something they are watching to be good? Shocker?

Kaiterra

Banned
It's like how they cheered for Becky Lynch when she did her awful Irish step dancing.

lol there you go.

Quoted for truth. If NXT crowds were only there to cheer on indie darlings, then none of the WWE-made guys and girls would ever get over. But they do. Being mad they get treated roughly from the start comes across to me like acting as if these performers are owed the right not to "pay any dues" or learn how to deal with harsh, critical crowds just by virtue of having been signed by WWE first. You think the "indie darlings" never had to deal with that shit on a smaller stage? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe Sami Zayn, because El Generico was almost a game shark of a gimmick, but that's about it.

Hell it's not like main roster WWE crowds are all that charitable to newcomers up there a lot of the time either unless they're given a strong rollout.

Heel

Wow, I just watched the Becky Lynch debut. They really did cheer her awful Irish jig.

And it doesn't really support my argument, but I'd like to point out how Full Sail booed KENTA for trying to speak English when he was first introduced. He did receive smark chants before the bell ever rang for his in-ring debut, though.

Guzim

Wow, I just watched the Becky Lynch debut. They really did cheer her awful Irish jig.

And it doesn't really support my argument, but I'd like to point out how Full Sail booed KENTA for trying to speak English when he was first introduced. He did receive smark chants before the bell ever rang for his in-ring debut, though.

I haven't seen Hideo's debut in a while, but what do you mean by smark chants?

Kaiterra

Banned

The KENTA/Itami debut did have some legitimately annoying shit from the crowd, yeah. Though I'd generally defend them, they're not totally innocent.

It did reveal a nice level of self-policing from the crowd though. It may not have been on that episode but a following one. I remember after his name reveal there were still people trying to push WE WANT KENTA and that shit got drowned out fast.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Unpopular opinion: KENTA/Itami is going to be a complete bust.

I don't disagree with you. This is an opinion that, while no one wants to have happen no one will be shocked when he does turn out be a bust.

I'm willing to say if he is a bust that it was the WWE's doing, not his.

Aside from this fluke injury, I don't think he is the type of worker that would be a bust due to work ethic or anything (i.e. Sin Cara)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Steiner just called the Japanese 'Hong Kong Phooey' and 'Chicky Chow Mein' in this promo. And you thought Scott was going to be the one to say something embarassing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
remember when austin was suspended and taped photos of vince, monsoon and jr to a taxidermy deer and shot said deer with a shotgun

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If only he'd been born later. Vader is a guy I look at who would've benefited tremendously from a developmental stint in NXT.

He was called up to the show to soon.

Perhaps he would be good enough for Haitch's developmental program after he had won the WCW and IWGP title.

Kaiterra

Banned
Mr. Cool Guy was my father, please call me Johnnny Dangerous Cool Guy

tumblr_lk7grarh3C1qdhps7o1_500.gif

Top Bottom