• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I've been on the Goto bandwagon since day 0

XUQDp87.gif

imBask

Banned
Make sure you vocally call out how guys aren't "selling" properly or how the only thing that will save the business is Nikki Bella blading.

oh that's a good idea
ok here's the list of what i'll shout :

CM Punk
"sit down you mark"
"lol X is terrible at selling"
"put the strap on him"
"Kayfabe is dead! LOL"
"add color to this match!"
"BOOOOTCH"
"Husky Harris!"
"I don't hate John Cena the person, I hate John Cena the character"
"Hickenbottom screwed Bret"

Just seen Smackdown

I love that New Day has ended up like this it would have been easy to just drop the gimmick and let the guys rot but they've turned it into something great - was this the long term plan anyway?

oh that's a good idea

CM Punk
"sit down you mark"
"put the strap on him"
"Kayfabe is dead! LOL"
"BOOOOTCH"
"Husky Harris!"

Make sure to call Triple H "Levesque."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People are complaining about all the characters being the same in Age of Ultron.

Have they never watched a MCU movie before?

XenoRaven

I like Goto, but I don't see him as a main eventer either.

Didn't Shibata leave wrestling to concentrate on MMA for like a decade? Why would his nickname be "the wrestler"?
Because that's his nickname and his character. His character is "guy who will kick the shit out of you" and is one of few people in the world that doesn't need anything else.

Fox318

oh that's a good idea

CM Punk
"sit down you mark"
"put the strap on him"
"Kayfabe is dead! LOL"
"BOOOOTCH"
"Husky Harris!"

I'd pay good money to see fans like this sitting next to Sports Entertainment Superfans

• Roman Reigns looks so strong
  • Hashtags are more important than ratings
  • I'm not a wrestling fan I'm a WWE fan
  • Total Divas is the best WWE product
  • The weekly episodic live TV super show WWE Raw is my favorite entertainment program
  • The WWE extends far beyond the strict confines of sports presentation into the wide-open environment of broad-based entertainment.
  • The Miz is such a big movie star and was a huge fan of the WWE during the 80s
  • The Miz draws the most money in Hollywood
  • Baron Corbin is amazing with his Krang persona
  • HHH was a true face when he went up against Booker T at Mania 19
  • Jerry Lawler and Cole are the cure for the common commentary

Aiii

So not worth it
But Total Divas is the best WWE product.

Tough Enough has a chance of beating it depending on the cast and format, but until then, TD is the only WWE program that you shouldn't miss.

Vylash

excited to see what the #Boss Naomi does tonight

oh that's a good idea

CM Punk
"sit down you mark"
"put the strap on him"
"Kayfabe is dead! LOL"
"BOOOOTCH"
"Husky Harris!"

don't forget to start a "THIS IS AWESOME!" chant 30 seconds into a match

Finally got to see a full episode of Texas Championship Wrestling, which was the TV show for the Funk's west Texas territory - the episode was from 1978, shortly after Dick Murdoch & Blackjack Mulligan bought the Amarillo booking office. For years Dory & Terry had been putting their priorities in Japan and business was suffering, so they sold up to Dick & Jack who spent a couple of years trying to turn things around. However, they didn't have proper financing and the show was low-rent and low on talent, without The Funks being able to guarantee regular appearances. So they had to rely on whatever talent Gary Hart could send them from the Dallas booking office and occasional appearances from big names willing to do Murdoch & Mulligan a favour, but soon it got to the point where Murdoch & Mulligan were having to take outside bookings to help pay the bills and they eventually conceded defeat in late 1980, Fritz Von Erich taking over the West Texas circuit for WCCW.

The show itself was pretty dry (although Blackjack made a pretty great all-round commentator), apart from one angle where Skandor Akbar had burnt Ted DiBiase's face and Ted, complete with a huge burn mark on one side of his face, goes for revenge against Akbar and his Japanese stooges, Mr. Sato & Mr. Pogo (who had left New Japan just a few months earlier, hating the young lion system). Crowd were loving this and DiBiase was so clearly a star, even at this stage of his career. Murdoch & Mulligan both had matches on the card, but there was little of note in either. The only other good match on the card was Dory Funk Jr. wrestling a young Stan Lane of the Midnight Express in his rookie year. One of the weird things about the TV production was that, despite having two men on commentary, often it felt like one man on his own. When the camera turns round to the announce desk (literally, no cut, it just swivelled from the ring to the desk) you see why; there's only one microphone and both commentators had to share it!

DiBiase gets his hands on Akbar;

h61klFc.gif

Dory dumps Stan Lane on the back of his head;

VyGhElH.gif

IT'S HAPPENING

Global Force Wrestling is holding a press conference in Las Vegas this Wednesday and will be announcing their roster for the upcoming shows they have scheduled at various minor league baseball parks as well as their television tapings they have announced.

RP912

Banned
I seen one portion of Man of Steel and threw in the white towel. The moment I saw Kevin Costner hold up his hand during a fucking tornado. I gave up.

Top Bottom