• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Paging Besada - that horrendous Mountain Goats band is attaching themselves to Sasha Banks. Are we on the cusp of #LegitMod Besada?

Ws5M8z9.jpg

Vt31wXs.png

they should sign leva to a contract already

WWE needs to get NXt redemption on the network. arguably the best era of NXT. then bring it back to fill the Tuesday night whole they have

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
they should sign leva to a contract already

WWE needs to get NXt redemption on the network. arguably the best era of NXT. then bring it back to fill the Tuesday night whole they have

I'd love to see that crap. It was so bad it was good. Just pure fun and stupidity, which is when the best wrestling happens.

Thinking about
Goto's big win
, there really isn't someone ready for Dominion since the big names are all in feuds. This would be a great time to bring in an outsider since AJ / Okada is such a strong main. Alberto would be the biggest name but I'm not sure that would work with the CMLL partnership. From ROH, I doubt they'd let whoever wins between Briscoe and Lethal go but the looser would be work. Elgin would be a good monster but his work seems to be on the downswing. Any other ideas?

Typically the IC belt defenses won't be on the same card, NJPW is really positioning it as equal to the World belt and the only time you'll see both belts defended is at the Dome show.

I think
Goto
is enough of a draw on his own, I think this would be the perfect time to have him face off with somebody he could have a surprisingly good match with, like Ibushi, Naito, or even Tanahashi or Shibata.

As for
Nakamura
he's winning the G1 this year, bank on it.
AJ/Nakamura
and
Okada/Nakamura
would both be excellent main events for Wrestle Kingdom X.

tonights DragonGate card looks aamzing. the main event should be insane(literally)

1. Jimmy Kanda, Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Super Shisa vs. K-ness, Mondai Ryu, Punch Tominaga
2. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman vs. Kenichiro Arai, “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa
3. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: BxB Hulk vs. Cyber Kong
4. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Masato Yoshino, Shachihoko BOY vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu
5. Open the Triangle Gate 3 Way Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Flamita, U-T, Kotoka vs. Naruki Doi, Don Fujii, Gamma
6. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Akira Tozawa vs. Dragon Kid
7. Mask vs. Hair Steel Cage Survival Double Risk 6 Way Match: T-Hawk (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) vs. CIMA (Flamita) vs. Shingo Takagi (BxB Hulk) vs. Kzy (Akira Tozawa) vs. YAMATO (Masaaki Mochizuki) vs. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito (Dragon Kid)

RP912

Banned
Going to see the NJPW event later on today but Goto winning the belt over Naka was straight up balls :(.

Hopefully this will lead to a Goto/Bata feud for the gold and Naka going for the IWGP title.

Styles/Naka at Wrestle Kingdom though

FUCK O_O

Typically the IC belt defenses won't be on the same card, NJPW is really positioning it as equal to the World belt and the only time you'll see both belts defended is at the Dome show.

It'll be interesting to see if they have the IC title at Dominion. I think we'll see both since its the first time they're running Jo Hall. Also, there really isn't another big card until the G1
so it will be good for Goto to get one defense in before that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yall need to get on the Goto express. me and Xenoraven are leaving without you.

Waiting for him to turn into Oda Nobunaga first. He's gettin' there...Hopefully he brings a war fan to the ring soon. And a little stool to sit on. And tea.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Say what you will about Goto, his finisher looks great. I love the Shouten Kai. Even m ore than that, though, I love his Ushikoroshi neckbreaker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Say what you will about Goto, his finisher looks great. I love the Shouten Kai. Even m ore than that, though, I love his Ushikoroshi neckbreaker.
Big fan of the Mount Morgan Drop I see
This is his shot to break through to the top tier. Nakamura really didn't define himself until he got an extended run with the belt.

But Nakamura was already being positioned as THE guy long before that. Not just with the fans, but I mean with the office. Goto has been over with the fans forever. His time to have ever been a the top is gone because he's likeable, but he never comes off as like a badass or cool or a superhero or whatever. He's just Goto. Especially now when there's way more people jockeying for that position than there was before.

RP912

Banned
I been on a Anno 2070 kick lately since it was on sale on Humble Bundle.

My dream game would be a tycoon simulation but with wrestling territories. I'm not talking about the boring ass TEW games. I mean something in the line of Roller Coaster Tycoon.

You have the trinity in Okada, Nak, and Tanahashi.

AJ, Shibata, Ishii, Suzuki (when he comes back and yeah I know his age, blah blah blah), and Ibushi all are ready and need to be elevated to the next level.

Maybe Naito if he gets rid of everything. He needs a makeover.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

AJ, Shibata, Ishii, Suzuki (when he comes back), and Ibushi all are ready and need to be elevated to the next level.

Ibushi needs one more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

AJ, Shibata, Ishii, Suzuki (when he comes back), and Ibushi all are ready and need to be elevated to the next level.

AJ's been next level, same with Suzuki. Ishii's never going to go higher, and I feel Shibata's going to be IC-tier for a long time, probably forever. That's what I think, at least.

AJ, Shibata, Ishii, Suzuki (when he comes back and yeah I know his age, blah blah blah), and Ibushi all are ready and need to be elevated to the next level.

I would say AJ is pretty solidly in the main event

The thing with AJ and NJPW that bothers me is that on posters, he is always in the back. Dood should be front and center. A nitpick if you will.

But they clearly do have more than enough main event level talent outside of the top 3 which I always heard was a criticism on NJPW. Maybe I misunderstand it and people want them to pull the trigger to have a fresher scene at the top.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The thing with AJ and NJPW that bothers me is that on posters, he is always in the back. Dood should be front and center. A nitpick if you will.

But they clearly do have more than enough main event level talent outside of the top 3 which I always heard was a criticism on NJPW. Maybe I misunderstand it and people want them to pull the trigger to have a fresher scene at the top.

If you want a fresher scene at the top without digging up old fogies, you get...

Taguchi the Fankie Weapon
El Desperado
Yujiro Takahashi
KUSHIDA
Rocky Romero
Tama Tonga
Bad Luck Fale
Kenny O

I dunno, it doesn't look too promising. But time will tell.

I wish my friends would play No Mercy with me in 2015. v_v

Last time this came up (just 3 months ago in fact) some of those so called friends of mine dared to insinuate that it had aged too heavily in the face of Here Comes the Pain and one was insistent you could just spam "kick" to win which makes absolutely no sense.
Alas he didn't accept my challenge on that statement.

Still I get to crack out Day of Reckoning on occasion so that's nice.

klonere

Banned
Two quick questions on NJPW

1. Is Honma a serious main event threat or is he over because he's a lovable forever midcard guy?

2. No blading in NJPW at all?

Two quick questions on NJPW

1. Is Honma a serious main event threat or is he over because he's a lovable forever midcard guy?

2. No blading in NJPW at all?

Honma got over by working super hard while jobbing all the time. He's getting some small wins now but won't ever be a ME guy.

I can't think the time some one bladed in New Japan so guess not. In the old days guys bladed in big matches but at some point TV stopped letting them do it. Don't know what the issue is now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think blading really works all that well in Strong Style Japanese wrestling. Like yeah, Muta Scale, but it's justn ever added much effect to me because of the 'sports-like' way they look at places like NJPW as opposed to the more story based stuff like old school Texas Death Matches or I Quit matches where it really adds to the drama.

Top Bottom