• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see Fire Emblem is going for the Full Sail/SHIMMER Creeper market 100% this time
chara_b3_zpst8pmj5ee.png

Kaladin

The tag matches in the build to the chamber were especially worth watching.

Especially the fatal four way and the Lumberjack match from Smackdown this past week.

Ultratech

Didn't WWE just have a ppv like 2 weeks ago? Had no idea Elimination Chamber was today till i got an alert. Should i skim through the last 2 Raw/SD? or just watch the last Raw/SD? Don't even know what the card is aside from Owens/Cena.

Correct. I don't really get it either, but whatever.

On that note, predictions/thoughts/whatever:

-Tag Team Clusterfuck (EC Match): Uh...I only see this being a mess of men and metal. Prolly get new champs though. Could be fun.
-IC Title Mess (EC Match): Whoever wins, loses. That IC title is cursed as fuck. (Hope you like jobbing in non-title matches!)
-Rollins/Ambrose: Could actually be pretty entertaining. Depends if they decide to go all out and all. Ambrose probably isn't winning, but it should be interesting (hopefully).
-Cena/Owens: Here we go! It should be pretty good. Owens prolly won't go over, but he'll probably mess Cena up pretty good.
-Divas Triple Threat: Zzzz...they should just have Naomi win. (Her new theme song is catchy as hell for whatever reason.)
-Neville/Bo Dallas: Huh, forgot this was there. I don't really feel one way or another about it.

styl3s

If you've watched the two Owens segments you've seen all the essentials and anything really worth seeking out and watching,

The Authority storyline suffocating the main event means its all very played out and boring stuff no matter who is in the segments. Ambrose and Rollins should have a good match. IC chamber match build was nothing. Rusev had some great segments with Lana but the outcome is so terrible to behold it is depressing and now Rusev is legit injured. Tag teams had some FnP matches if you really want to seek them out. Nothing else pops out.
I'll Youtube the Owens stuff and maybe skim through the last raw/smackdown.

Correct. I don't really get it either, but whatever.

On that note, predictions/thoughts/whatever:

-Tag Team Clusterfuck (EC Match): Uh...I only see this being a mess of men and metal. Prolly get new champs though. Could be fun.
-IC Title Mess (EC Match): Whoever wins, loses. That IC title is cursed as fuck. (Hope you like jobbing in non-title matches!)
-Rollins/Ambrose: Could actually be pretty entertaining. Depends if they decide to go all out and all. Ambrose probably isn't winning, but it should be interesting (hopefully).
-Cena/Owens: Here we go! It should be pretty good. Owens prolly won't go over, but he'll probably mess Cena up pretty good.
-Divas Triple Threat: Zzzz...they should just have Naomi win. (Her new theme song is catchy as hell for whatever reason.)
-Neville/Bo Dallas: Huh, forgot this was there. I don't really feel one way or another about it.
Wait what? Neville/Bo Dallas? Owens/Cena is the only real interesting match i see on the list. Rollins/Ambrose always ends up ending abruptly or turning into a boring street fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rememeber when mighty no 9s main gameplay gimmick was going to be kamen rider fourze style limb transforming then they hit all their stretch goals but somehow said the main gameplay gimmick was 'too expensive'

inticreates the yukes of 2d platformers, friend bean

Entropia

No One Remembers

:lol @ it being shopped in.

Tag Team Titles (EC Match): This will be a super fun match. I hope this is the main event of the night, it's nice to see these titles getting that kind of hype around them. Would love for Cesaro/Kidd or PTP to win, but I think New Day will retain. New Day has been KILLING it lately.

IC Title (EC Match): Complete toss up for me. I really don't know who will win. Sheamus? Sure.

Rollins vs. Ambrose: Rollins will win this, no doubt. But these two put on really entertaining matches so it should be a good one.

Cena vs. Owens: This match should be great. How I want it to play out: Owens just beats the shit out of Cena and then calls it a day by walking out.

Divas Triple Threat: Bella will retain, I bet.

Neville vs. Bo Dallas: Uh, Neville should be in the IC Chamber match. Neville wins this easily.

I hope in game mii support is slaying them as fodder enemies, that might sway me.
I feel like i've gone back in time to the early Wii days where mii heads were shoved into all file select screens even if they look jarringly out of place (hello there Metroid Prime 3).

I see Fire Emblem is going for the Full Sail/SHIMMER Creeper market 100% this time
You know generally I like Kozaki's art style but this design is just a frightful mess.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know about you guys, but I am super pumped about Cena v. Owens.

Chamber matches should be awesome too.

Been ages since I have looked forward to watching a WWE PPV, so yay for WWE, well done.

Carnby

Guys, who are you a total mark for? Admit it. Who us the guy or gal that can do no wrong and you stand up and cheer when their music hits?

For me, it's gotta be Brock Lesnar. I don't care if he's a jerk in real life. I don't care that he doesn't love the business. I don't care that he only wrestles four times a year. He's Brock Freaking Lesnar. He can do what ever he wants.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't know about you guys, but I am super pumped about Cena v. Owens.

Chamber matches should be awesome too.

Been ages since I have looked forward to watching a WWE PPV, so yay for WWE, well done.

Not gonna lie, the build to EC was fairly serviceable given the amount of time they had. KO vs. Cena is going to be good, Ambrose vs. Rollins should be great, and I am REALLY hyped for the Tag Team Title EC match.

Cagey

Banned
Guys, who are you a total mark for? Admit it. Who us the guy or gal that can do no wrong and you stand up and cheer when their music hits?

For me, it's gotta be Brock Lesnar. I don't care if he's a jerk in real life. I don't care that he doesn't love the business. I don't care that he only wrestles four times a year. He's Brock Freaking Lesnar. He can do what ever he wants.
Brock Lesnar and, when treated properly, Mark Henry.

Aiii

So not worth it
CM Punk, I could give a shit about how he acts outside of the ring towards fans, I don't care if he hates wrestling now. I don't care if he gets his face punched in in the octagon (tbf, I will probably enjoy that). But I will never not enjoy watching his matches or promos.

jmdajr

CM Punk, I could give a shit about how he acts outside of the ring towards fans, I don't care if he hates wrestling now. I don't care if he gets his face punched in in the octagon (tbf, I will probably enjoy that). But I will never not enjoy watching his matches or promos.

I like Punk now as much as he likes wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

txg1.gif

day one since he was stunnin

actually i have 3
tumblr_nfh2jfRikQ1qcztrfo1_400.gif

vaderchokeslamevuhb.gif

Taker

PhxNYqQ.gif

klonere

Banned
Unless his mom is named Kevin, I think it's from his dad. :lol

er woops

I haven't been watching the current product very long but I'd have to say Lesnar too. Mainly because when he shows up shit is about to go down and a great match or angle is about to happen. He's real, really really real. Rollins would a close second but he's so wrapped up in the Authority crap that I cannot summon the energy to care right now.

Predictions for tonight:

Tag Team Clusterfuck (EC Match): This could be real messy but I think the New Day/Kiddsaro/Lucha combo is too strong to have a bad match. Wanna see my boys PTP shine in Corpus Crispy though, hope they get a spot or two. New Day to retain.

IC Title Mess (EC Match): As has been said, nobody wins. Build has meant I don't care. US Title has been elevated enough to eclipse and replace this belt tbh, pity Bryan got injured so he couldn't do the same for the IC belt. With Rusev out (?) Sheamus will win. Fellah.

Rollins/Ambrose: This should be super hot but again, I don't care. Rollins has weasel heat, clearly being not being the "man" as HHH/Steph play the true champs and Ambrose is playing dress up way too much. Match could be 4 stars though if they are allowed. Rollins retains via KANE IN 2015 or something.

Cena/Owens: Oh boy. This could be a starmaking performance if everything goes well. The great thing about the match is that strong cases can be made for either side to win, lose or to have a non finish. I hope that they make a decisive decision and DO have a real finish. If Owens can get people chanting Fight Owens Fight in Corpus Crispy then he's a made man. Cena will probably win but I hope Owens does.

Divas Triple Threat: Errrrr I skip pretty much all the Divas segments soooo...Naomi should win?

Neville/Bo Dallas: Well this was random. I guess they are trying to rehab Bo as a legit heel. God knows the roster needs em, so many heels are played as such losers/comedy acts right now. Neville is in full stall out mode right now and needs a really strong win here transitioning into a really strong program next month. Or he'll just be a spot monkey for MiTB. Bo wins cos fucking hell WWE.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did this really happen!?!??!

https://imgur.com/gallery/JOsCg

No longer active? Hardcore Holly.

Now? Probably PTP

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I had to pick active, it's probably Bray, Goldust, or Mark Henry.

I would have said Sheamus if it wasn't for that ADR feud.

NoRéN

Sami Zayn/El Generico

His music always pumps me up! Also, one of my favorite wrestlers ever.

The Perfect 10 gimmick was really over with the crowd in Jacksonville last time I went. Someone brought signs for an entire side to hold up.

It's not something I would see working in the main roster though.
welcome back from your hiatus.

Congrats Pepsi, you're now the top draw of wrasslegaf.

Top Bottom