• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Alucard

Banned
tumblr_np7eujQ4wM1tgxng2o1_r1_540.png

This is pretty cool.

Thorakai

You guys are funny for hating on Finn Balor. He's pretty entertaining. Sure it's a little goofy if you really think about it, but... wrestling.

I don't see it as hate just so much as concern about whether there will be a hook to Balor in the main roster when he doesn't have access to deamon mode all the time. Its better to build it as "neat he's coming out as a deamon!" as oppose to "when is he coming out as the daemon next time?"

Basically just be careful not to make it all about the paint.

galvatron

The closest thing WWE has had to the demon aspect of Finn Balor is when Rey Mysterio would dress as comic characters for big matches.

That worked for a pop, but Balor's gimmick is that he's better when he's in the paint. I think ti will work, and work well.

If they ever bother trying to explain it that way I'm sure JBL will shit on it on air.

"How does makeup give him powers? Maybe its maybeline, Michael!".

The entrances are hype, though. They should start with that and give him a manager. He'll be over faster than Neville without needing to do 15 high spots a match.

I thought it was Husky Harris is going through his fedora phase.

If I recall on Twitter around 2013 someone asked "what happened to the army tank with the Ferrari engine" and Bray replied with "he needed me, I needed a vessel."

Then that guy said "ok, thanks for the reply homie"

Zach

I don't see it as hate just so much as concern about whether there will be a hook to Balor in the main roster when he doesn't have access to deamon mode all the time. Its better to build it as "neat he's coming out as a deamon!" as oppose to "when is he coming out as the daemon next time?"

Basically just be careful not to make it all about the paint.

I dig.

klonere

Banned
If they ever bother trying to explain it that way I'm sure JBL will shit on it on air.

The entrances are hype, though. They should start with that and give him a manager. He'll be over faster than Neville without needing to do 15 high spots a match.

CBH0e0xUIAArMY3.jpg

cut the theatrical stuff for non demon entrances, maybe even have different music. book it.

Zach

cut the theatrical stuff for non demon entrances, maybe even have different music. book it.

Strip it down, sure, but don't get rid of the music or the arms thing. You know the arms thing I'm talking about. I know you do it in your living room.

Kaladin

I'd be all for Finn Balor as the next Heyman guy.

The reason why Curtis Axel and Ryback failed as Heyman guys is they suck.

Paul Heyman needs to be paired with wrestlers who can back up his big talk, Finn Balor can do that.

scabro

all they need to do for Balor is to take away the dumb jamaican wig and tell him to stop doing interprative dance on his way to the ring like a nerd.

Paul Heyman needs to be paired with wrestlers who can back up his big talk, Finn Balor can do that.

Nah the big problem is that as soon as Brock comes back Heyman drops them at the speed of light. That makes anyone else look like a complete geek. God Empror Lesnar can't really share the spotlight with Finn Balor.

GunBR

I read that Bray Wyatt will replace Rusev tonight. Truth or just a rumor?

And what's the chances that they will put Reigns in the match and make him win?
I'm serious

I read that Bray Wyatt will replace Rusev tonight. Truth or just a rumor?

And what's the chances that they will put Reigns in the match and make him win?
I'm serious

Booker just said it's a former world champ

You know what that means

#GodKingBigShowIsBack

galvatron

CBH0e0xUIAArMY3.jpg

Also, Cesaro didn't work because he was in the middle of a Daniel Bryan style grassroots face push when they paired him with Heyman as a heel. Really weird choice on that one...

But, yeah, it doesn't even have to be Heyman if they're really set on reserving him for job sharing top wrestler duties with Brock...Colter minus the vet gimmick might even do.

klonere

Banned
Strip it down, sure, but don't get rid of the music or the arms thing. You know the arms thing I'm talking about. I know you do it in your living room.

I guess it depends how much they want to divorce the demon from Finn. Is it something that completely takes over? This is getting incredible nerdy and I'm sure they are pretty much set on using whats working now as the template for Raw soooooo imma stop

Jamming this right now, saxophone makes everything better, always

https://youtu.be/uW4DxF4cP80?t=178

Don't know if this has been posted but watch out online.

The same guy on Reddit that correctly leaked Tommy Dreamer at NXT and Samoa Joe at Takeover has put up two MAJOR spoilers for tonight. I haven't read them, just be wary online.

Fox318

Don't know if this has been posted but watch out online.

The same guy on Reddit that correctly leaked Tommy Dreamer at NXT and Samoa Joe at Takeover has put up two MAJOR spoilers for tonight. I haven't read them, just be wary online.

Good to see Miz will finally get the strap tonight

Top Bottom