• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

RP912

Banned
IT'S HAPPENING

anigif_enhanced-10527-1403744680-33.gif

Thank you based Jarrett.

Sephzilla

Movies that are better/more entertaining than Man of Steel that came out after 2000

-Iron Man 1
-Avengers
-Superman Returns
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-Winter Soldier
-Fast & Furious 5-7 (since they're basically superhero flicks)
-Guardians of the Galaxy

Fuck, I'll even include GI Joe 2.

JavyOO7

Man of Steel I don't think is the best in the past 15 years but it ain't so bad. It was alright.

Still need to watch Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Avengers 2. And I really need to get around to watching Daredevil... and all the other nuts Netflix originals that are out now (Marco Polo, Bloodline, Unbreakable Kimmy, etc).

Sephzilla

Man of Steel I don't think is the best in the past 15 years but it ain't so bad. It was alright.

Still need to watch Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Avengers 2. And I really need to get around to watching Daredevil... and all the other nuts Netflix originals that are out now (Marco Polo, Bloodline, Unbreakable Kimmy, etc).

Thor 2 is honestly skippable. Cap 2 is the best MCU movie. Avengers 2 is FnP

klonere

Banned
Why didn't Owen apologize to Austin after nearly killing him?

kayfabe bro, gotta keep the feud up.

i was pretty shocked when Owen came out with the "Owen 3:16/I just broke your neck" shirt after that match. and the piledriver was used heavily in all his video stuff. and replayed quite a few times on Raw.

this was back when wrestling was a real man's business, isnt that right dream

It does have a superhero in the movie.

Big Dave Batista

I would disagree. To me a superhero movie is largely about people with superior abilities within the context of society and the affects of their abilities. Within the context of Guardians many on the team were more powerful than their general surroundings but they existed within a context where people with varying levels of ability didn't matter too much.

Fox318

I would disagree. To me a superhero movie is largely about people with superior abilities within the context of society and the affects of their abilities. Within the context of Guardians many on the team were more powerful than their general surroundings but they existed within a context where people with varying levels of ability didn't matter too much.

I mean a real life superhero was playing somebody in the movie.

Sephzilla

Didn't the team consist of an immortal tree dude and a woman basically built to be the best assassin ever?

kayfabe bro, gotta keep the feud up.

i was pretty shocked when Owen came out with the "Owen 3:16/I just broke your neck" shirt after that match. and the piledriver was used heavily in all his video stuff. and replayed quite a few times on Raw.

this was back when wrestling was a real man's business, isnt that right dream

I heard Austin years later maybe when he was talking to Brett, and it seemed to piss him off, that Owen never called him to see if he was ok.

I seen one portion of Man of Steel and threw in the white towel. The moment I saw Kevin Costner hold up his hand during a fucking tornado. I gave up.

The movie's only worth it for the fight/action scenes. The fact that Returns was such a turd in the action aspect makes it even more memorable.

The one thing I will give Man of Steel is that the Krypton scenes were rad. An opening scene featuring Russell Crowe flying around on a dragon to rescue a super computer stored underwater in an alien skull wrote a cheque that the rest of that movie could never cash

jmdajr

Now that I have moved to my new home, I have decided not to get cable. Meaning.... no more LIVE Monday Night Raw.

Instead, I'll be watching on Hulu on my commute to work. (bus park n ride)

Verizon I will suck your data dry. Unlimited for life!

Wrassle-GAF scoops

6tM277U.png

--

Now that I have moved to my new home, I have decided not to get cable. Meaning.... no more LIVE Monday Night Raw.

Instead, I'll be watching on Hulu on my commute to work. (bus park n ride)

Verizon I will suck your data dry. Unlimited for life!

Seriously if it wasn't for sports programs being tied up to Sky, I'd drop my Cable sub too. Modern TV is VOD.

Alucard

Banned
I never said I disliked you and with only a few rare exceptions I quite like all of the members of this community. I often make posts hastily and then edit afterwards to fix the language so it reads better or to adjust my meaning to be more accurate. I do this because I don't think in complete thoughts but rather in very specific ideas so I like to be very precise in my diction so as to not obfuscate my meaning in any way. Quite often I can't get the verbiage totally right so I'll completely remove a post or replace it with a completely different one. Addressing such an Edited post and then presuming to know and tell me the reason for my censorship is wildly condescending and rude.

As to our previous interactions wherein you believe I was unfairly targeting you, there are a few specific behaviours common among the ISEC which I will always mock. Such behaviours include improper use of words (including but not limited to those within the carnival/wrestling lexicon), over-analysis of individual pieces of a match (this is especially prevalent with both Botchamania and the over abundance of gifs), and the posting and amateur analysis of financial reports or viewer ratings.

There are other specific types of posts which I'll react to by mocking but I think the general theme of all of them is discussions marked by a mix of pretentiousness as well as ignorance. I don't begrudge anyone who regularly engages in these kinds of posts, but I can absolutely understand why someone who does may feel that I am targeting them specifically. Let me state that I do like you and your enthusiasm Alucard, but that I feel this exuberance is often expressed in a negative way which gets in the way of your point and puts me off whichever product you happen to be excited about at the time.

I hope this makes it more clear to you Alucard and let me say for certain that I do agree with Data West's opinion regarding the Terminator and Alien movies.

Fair enough. Apologies for assuming any intent on your part regarding the edits.

I think amateur analysis and loose use of jargon is a part of sports and entertainment fandom in general and isn't limited to pro wrestling, though it may be more prominent due to the history and character of pro wrestling itself. It's that volatile mix of fact and fiction on so many levels that make it singularly unique, and fans want to feel like they're a part of it at every level.

I've definitely talked BS about ratings and have overanalyzed matches, but that overanalysis is inevitable if you're a fan long enough and are part of a community like this. (ie getting annoyed when a guy doesn't hook a leg even though the other guy put his leg up to get hooked) I hope for perfection with most matches, and when that perfection isn't there, at least in my eyes, I notice it. Of course, perfection in wrestling has more than one face, so I'm not always expecting the same match each time out, but that the brush strokes are smooth. #pretentious

Anyway, clean slate. It would be pointless to hold a grudge with an avatar and a name on a message board, so consider any ill feelings or assumptions wiped away.

I'll still be enthusiastic and hope I don't come off as negative because that's not the type of person I think I am in real life.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The one thing I will give Man of Steel is that the Krypton scenes were rad. An opening scene featuring Russell Crowe flying around on a dragon to rescue a super computer stored underwater in an alien skull wrote a cheque that the rest of that movie could never cash
Yeah I thought the opening was underrated.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Excited to see Force Awakesn, but all these Star Wars spin-offs are going to run that well dry as quick as possible.

Top Bottom