• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Hasney

How was raw?

Raw? More like RYAWN, am I right guys?

lpiZERk.gif

Guys?

Alucard

Banned
WWE reporting a Sami shoulder injury.

http://bls.uieblender.com/html/arti...88279&modelid=346&activityid=24&snum=3&user=1

WWE News: Sami Zayn injured

The WWE website reports that Sami Zayn will undergo an MRI on his shoulder. The story notes that he aggravated a previous injury, yet was able to continue his match with John Cena on Monday's Raw. Read more at WWE.com.

Powell's POV: Zayn appeared to injure himself while lifting his arms to pump up the crowd while he was standing on the ring steps. Dot Net staffer Zack Zimmerman pointed it out to me during Raw on Monday, and that was the first time he seemed to show signs of the shoulder being an issue.

--------

Sounds like Raw was a lot of fun tonight. I'm actually looking forward to checking it out.

Recall

Since we had no elimination chamber match this year I'm expecting a 6 way Hell in a Cell match at the Hell in a Cell PPV... If there is one this year

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE reporting a Sami shoulder injury.

http://bls.uieblender.com/html/arti...88279&modelid=346&activityid=24&snum=3&user=1

WWE News: Sami Zayn injured

The WWE website reports that Sami Zayn will undergo an MRI on his shoulder. The story notes that he aggravated a previous injury, yet was able to continue his match with John Cena on Monday's Raw. Read more at WWE.com.

Powell's POV: Zayn appeared to injure himself while lifting his arms to pump up the crowd while he was standing on the ring steps. Dot Net staffer Zack Zimmerman pointed it out to me during Raw on Monday, and that was the first time he seemed to show signs of the shoulder being an issue.

--------

Sounds like Raw was a lot of fun tonight. I'm actually looking forward to checking it out.

Its a work (that's presumably a lead-in into his match at NXT thing in a couple of weeks). Just watch the match, you'll see.

Kornflayx

Its a work (that's presumably a lead-in into his match at NXT thing in a couple of weeks). Just watch the match, you'll see.

Why would they make it a work that he hurts himself before the match even begins? What is that trying to tell the fans? That he's to fragile to lift his arms up and down?

I tell you, lifting your arms up and down is ending careers. The only one to survive it is Ryback. Which is not surprising, because Ryback actually has muscles in his arms to support all that lifting

wFaDJfn.gif

Good Raw from what I didn't skip, I guess Ambrose is going to be eating the pin at Payback, Zayn debut with hopefully kayfabe shoulder injury goddammit. WWE giving out ANOTHER free month of the Network, hahahahahahahahaha.

I'm surprised they still haven't got a "Superstar/Diva of the week" chat thing going on or some other interactive show.

please be kayfabe please be kayfabe

That's what I was saying. =(

I'm watching it, fun show so far - Tozawa vs Dragon Kid's been the best of the night. Looks like the twin gate was brought to an early end, as Shachi BOY got KO'd by Mochi and they had to improvise a finishing stretch. Triangle Gate was pretty good, definitely looking forward to the crazy-ass main event.

*edit, wtf, Sanshiro Takagi's apparently the new CEO of W1;

FP4WYo7.jpg

Also, they're bringing in Kabuki so we can get the three mists (Muta, Tajiri & Kabuki) in the same match. I don't care how old they are, I love this shit.

Jamie OD

*edit, wtf, Sanshiro Takagi's apparently the new CEO of W1;

FP4WYo7.jpg

Also, they're bringing in Kabuki so we can get the three mists (Muta, Tajiri & Kabuki) in the same match. I don't care how old they are, I love this shit.

My immediate reaction to this is it means Muto will wrestle a match in DDT at some point. I'm not expecting major crossovers but for some DDT talent I'd say a chance to wrestle regularly in another company would benefit them.

What with DDT & Z1 sharing their new dojo, Z1's working relationship with W-1 and DDT's president as the new CEO of W-1, I guess it's safe to say those 3 promotions are going to be working together a lot more in the future. Also, W-1 just got their first sell-out of Korakuen Hall since the first show they ran there, which is good to see. Going to be interesting to see which promotion can cement itself as the no.3 promotion in Japan.

My immediate reaction to this is it means Muto will wrestle a match in DDT at some point. I'm not expecting major crossovers but for some DDT talent I'd say a chance to wrestle regularly in another company would benefit them.

Muta vs Dino! Also, I've kinda fallen behind...did Dino get his head shaved and start dressing up like Jinsei Shinzaki, or am I mistaking him for someone else?

Jamie OD

Muta vs Dino! Also, I've kinda fallen behind...did Dino get his head shaved and start dressing up like Jinsei Shinzaki, or am I mistaking him for someone else?

That's exactly what's going on. Dino is on a spiritual pilgrimage (aka acting like Shinzaki) so DDT is putting him in a match against Shinzaki in 2 weeks time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit, they just did the Mania match and CUT OUT the Curbstomp and even cut out Cole saying "Curb stomp by Rollins."

Now that's dedication. Completely retconning this finisher out of existence. What the hell happened? Who threatened to sue?

Browny

Banned
Holy shit, they just did the Mania match and CUT OUT the Curbstomp and even cut out Cole saying "Curb stomp by Rollins."

Now that's dedication. Completely retconning this finisher out of existence. What the hell happened? Who threatened to sue?

Really? Someone is definitely worried then. Must be the NFL lawsuit? Wasn't there an ex-WWE employee putting together a class action?

Fake edit: Luther Reigns, Ryan Sakoda, and Big Russ McCullough. So everything is going to turn into Saturday Morning Slam?

Hasney

Heh, if you retcon the curb stomp out of existence, it makes the finish to the match look hilarious. "Imma just gonna get some height off Ortons head here WHEEEEEEEE ... OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT" *RKO*.

Carnby

The problem with Bryan is they've basically, as Meltzer predicted, turned him into Jim Duggan - a spot machine with a catchphrase. He was incredibly compelling as an asshole heel in 2012, great as a comedy guy in Team Hell No, awesome as "Weak Link" during the Summer of Bryan, unbelievable as the ultimate underdog in the buildup to Wrestlemania 30, but once that payoff came, they didn't really give a shit about protecting him and just kinda let that fiery anger that made him so great leach away from him until he just became "chill hipster guy that goes out and wrestles sometimes". Bryan seems like a cool if kinda vapid dude in real life, but that doesn't make for a particularly compelling character, particularly for a dominant babyface at or near the top of the card. Not to mention, I doubt any wrestler exiting the scene for 9 months right at the height of their popularity could ever get that lightning in a bottle back, especially when the company seems to make the active choice to let you just sort of fade from the audience's mind during your absence.

To be fair, he has only been active for a total of 4 or 5 months since WM30.

Browny

Banned
That's worse than any chair shot edit I've ever seen. The main event of your biggest show of the year, and the highlight is some legit shook kid?

Ithil

As expected, the one way to ensure RAW is good is to simply not watch it, that way you miss a good episode. Cosmic powers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watching the best Nitro right now (34), show has Jushin Liger vs. Dean Malenko and Steven Regal vs. Sting on it, you just can't go wrong there.

Alucard

Banned
Will it be shown like that on the Blu-ray release? Seems like a really strange choice to cut out the finish of the main event of your biggest show of the year.

jmdajr

First day of commute and Hulu tells me I can't watch RAW on my mobile device. WTF.
Web only.

Wonder if I can get around this issue with the dolphin browser.

Top Bottom