• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I'm watching it, fun show so far - Tozawa vs Dragon Kid's been the best of the night. Looks like the twin gate was brought to an early end, as Shachi BOY got KO'd by Mochi and they had to improvise a finishing stretch. Triangle Gate was pretty good, definitely looking forward to the crazy-ass main event.

*edit, wtf, Sanshiro Takagi's apparently the new CEO of W1;

FP4WYo7.jpg

Also, they're bringing in Kabuki so we can get the three mists (Muta, Tajiri & Kabuki) in the same match. I don't care how old they are, I love this shit.

So does this mean DDT is dead? Or is he going to work a dual deal like Ibushi?

Browny

Banned
Aiii, look what you've done now. Someone's going to make an OT of how WWE are retconning everything out of existence.

(Could actually be an interesting discussion on concussions, but still...)

Just imagine if they have to cut out the chair shots - ECW programmes would be 10 minutes long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this thread hates Cena so much, like he fucked one of your parents or something. Relax, friends. Jeez...

W-1 needs this boost, as does DDT.

Sephzilla

this thread hates Cena so much, like he fucked one of your parents or something. Relax, friends. Jeez....

I'm just getting really annoyed with his constant horrible selling that ends up hurting making his opponents look weaker in the process. He still sells like a rookie despite being a 12 year veteran in the ring. That shit just gets really annoying in a "he's worse than Hogan" kind of way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, look what you've done now. Someone's going to make an OT of how WWE are retconning everything out of existence.

(Could actually be an interesting discussion on concussions, but still...)

Just imagine if they have to cut out the chair shots - ECW programmes would be 10 minutes long.
tumblr_nnusksEabc1srbyoyo1_400.gif

JavyOO7

Poor Sami Zayn, wished he did'nt get hurt yesterday. He had hurt that shoulder earlier and why he had to sit out for a while. Hopefully the shoulder gets to 100% soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
this thread hates Cena so much, like he fucked one of your parents or something. Relax, friends. Jeez...

W-1 needs this boost, as does DDT.

I don't get the Cena hate either. The man is a national treasure. Look how he worked that hostile crowd last night and he does it that way every single time. He's not the best technical wrassler in the world but he does try hard in his matches (except for that damn STF, which actually didn't look as bad as usual last night.) Yes, he's had the same character for a decade now but he's been putting people over in his new upper mid card role.

FUN FACT: Since the beginning of the Open US Championship Era every opponent has kicked out of the AA except for Kane...in 2015.

Browny

Banned
I can only see a couple of things to bitch at Cena:

• His selling after a match is non-existent;
  • That fucking stunner. Just no. I hate it nearly as much as the Lethal Injection.

Nice to see the belt being defended in every match though. It's a simple ongoing plot that doesn't need any effort from anyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm just getting really annoyed with his constant horrible selling that ends up hurting making his opponents look weaker in the process. He still sells like a rookie despite being a 12 year veteran in the ring. That shit just gets really annoying in a "he's worse than Hogan" kind of way.

Hogan is actually an A+ seller, believe it or not. His problem was that he'd do the whole Hulk up spot and every single one of his matches ended the same way. No one in the 80's could sell an injury angle like the Hulkster though.

Aiii

So not worth it
11013186_10155558033910173_7828396003920380812_n.jpg

dying #RileyIsAShitlord

Guy just couldn't let Riley have it either, he was all like: NO, FUCK RILEY, I WON'T BE ON RECORD AS A RILEY FAN! And had to tell him he made a shitty sign that nobody cares about (except his bro) instead.

I feel kind of bad for Riley.

What with DDT & Z1 sharing their new dojo, Z1's working relationship with W-1 and DDT's president as the new CEO of W-1, I guess it's safe to say those 3 promotions are going to be working together a lot more in the future.

A DDT / W1 / Z1 mega-promotion would be awesome. DDT seems to have the money to promote big shows and give a spotlight to some of the talent that Wrestle 1 and Zero 1 have but can't get anyone to care about.

bigkrev

Observer reporting the Zayn injury as if it's real
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/42390-zayn-injury-update
Sami Zayn injured his shoulder while trying to get the crowd going just as he got to the ring for his ring entrance tonight before his match with John Cena.

He worked the match, even though the referee signalled for the "X" shortly into the match and called for the trainer to check on him.

He is scheduled for an MRI tomorrow.

Zayn had been injured and out of action until April 2.

Mentioned on the radio show that the doctor that came out actually popped his shoulder back in when he was tending to him ringside

Observer reporting the Zayn injury as if it's real
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/42390-zayn-injury-update

Mentioned on the radio show that the doctor that came out actually popped his shoulder back in when he was tending to him ringside

I don't know how long it takes a guy to return from a shoulder injury but this could mess with NXT's touring plans. Balor could step in for Zayn but after him and Itami they don't have any other quality faces. Guess Joey Samoey could be the next big guy to faces Owens.

Top Bottom