• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

She said she doesn't use birth control because it puts chemicals in your body. It's a little bit of a leap to say that means someone is anti-vax. Not to get all real and personal here but my gf doesn't take birth control because of the side effects she has physically and mentally to it. So literally the chemicals screw up her body. Yeah we're not hippies or vegans or anything but painting people who are with such a broad judgmental brush seems a bit disingenuous. If he ends up being it then, yeah, that's shitty and I don't agree with it at all. But I also don't think Total Divas is the place for intricate dissection of her use of "chemicals" and what all that may entail.

Aiii

So not worth it
She said she doesn't use birth control because it puts chemicals in your body. It's a little bit of a leap to say that means someone is anti-vax.

But it's the exact same argument anti-vaxers use against vaccinations.

Even after you point out that WATER consists out of chemicals, of course. "But it has chemicals" is the ultimate way to point out an anti-vaxer in a crowd.

Hasney

Didn't they go up as the show went on? After months of shitty TV, you can't expect magical wonderous ratings for the one good episode.

Yup, but they do it all the time. Then they'll go into panic mode which sometimes results in ever better TV OR they'll panic and shove the belt back on Orton or Cena.

Sephzilla

How Payback is going to end now that Vince saw the Raw ratings

JBL: "LOOK AT THE FUTURE MAGGLE SETH ROLLINS IS STILL WWE CHAMPION. HE BEAT ROMAN REIGNS, DEAN AMBROSE, AND RANDY ORTON ALL AT ONCE"

Cole: "He cheated JBL! This man is a fraud"

*APPLEDOUGH!*

*US Champion John Cena, fresh off of burying Rusev and having sex with Lana, walks out*

Cena: "Listen here jack! I aint gonna stand here and let some undeserving punk like you tarnish that belt"

Rollins: "You're nothing John! You're a washed up has been with a loser title. Come fight me John, I'll prove to you that I'm the best!"

*NO CHANCE IN HELL*

Vince: "Well why don't we make this interesting then, lets make this an impromptu title for title match!"

Cole: "Oh my god! Oh my god! It's like WrestleMania 9 all over again when Mr Fuji challenged Hulk Hogan to a title match against Yokozuna moments after beating Bret "The Hitman" Hart!"

JBL: "This isn't fair Maggle he just got done winning a match!"

*Five moves of doom*

*APPLEDOUGH*

Cole: "CENA DID IT! CENA DID IT! John Cena is a 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion and now is a dual champion with the United States Title!"

JBL: "We just watched history Maggle, like when Ultimate Warrior defeated Hulk Hogan and held both the World and Intercontinental Titles!"

Cole: "Goodnight everybody!"

Seeing New Day recently is a great example of sticking with something until you find a way to make it work. They could have easily broken them up and it's commendable they left them together and it's worked out so well now.

joelseph

But it's the exact same argument anti-vaxers use against vaccinations.

More and more women are forgoing traditional birth control due to the massive amounts of hormones the pill uses and what they do to their bodies in favor of more non-traditional birth control methods that use less hormones. It has nothing to do with "anti-vaxing". I have no idea why I'm even replying. Some of you take this too far.

Aiii

So not worth it
More and more women are forgoing traditional birth control due to the massive amounts of hormones the pill uses and what they do to their bodies in favor of more non-traditional birth control methods that use less hormones. It has nothing to do with "anti-vaxing". I have no idea why I'm even replying. Some of you take this too far.

Okay, so we have a bit of a disconnect here, which I realise is partly my fault for over-explaining the "why do you call Bryan an anti-vaxer" in a too serious manner.

So, for the record, calling Bryan an anti-vaxer, just like making fun of his midget beardedness, is a stupid joke and not a serious criticism. It also pokes fun at the over-the-top storylines of Total Divas, which paint Brie and Bryan as anti-vax hippie-types.

I don't think anyone in here really cares about what Brie and Bryan put -or don't put- in their bodies. That's their own personal business.

Their TD storyline business though, fair game to make fun off, imo.

WrassleGAF has so many gimmick posters that it's almost unbearable. :|

It has been like that and the community has been shit for a while. Just need to pick and choose when to interact. Ignore the rest, much better that way.

Seeing New Day recently is a great example of sticking with something until you find a way to make it work. They could have easily broken them up and it's commendable they left them together and it's worked out so well now.

The WM crowd was the one who made that happen.

Fox318

ab8ea263c454480522b9b10fa795a9f6.png

ZNtjxKO.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers

JBL: "LOOK AT THE FUTURE MAGGLE SETH ROLLINS IS STILL WWE CHAMPION. HE BEAT ROMAN REIGNS, DEAN AMBROSE, AND RANDY ORTON ALL AT ONCE"

*APPLEDOUGH!*

*US Champion John Cena, fresh off of burying Rusev and having sex with Lana, walks out*

Cena: "Listen here jack! I aint gonna stand here and let some undeserving punk like you tarnish that belt"

Rollins: "You're nothing John! You're a washed up has been with a loser title. Come fight me John, I'll prove to you that I'm the best!"

*NO CHANCE IN HELL*

Vince: "Well why don't we make this interesting then, lets make this an impromptu title for title match!"

Cole: "Oh my god! Oh my god! It's like WrestleMania 9 all over again when Mr Fuji challenged Hulk Hogan to a title match against Yokozuna moments after beating Bret "The Hitman" Hart!"

*Five moves of doom*

*APPLEDOUGH*

Cole: "CENA DID IT! CENA DID IT! John Cena is a 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion and now is a dual champion with the United States Title!"

JBL: "We just watched history Maggle, like when Ultimate Warrior defeated Hulk Hogan and held both the World and Intercontinental Titles!"

It sounds too true, and thus will happen. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
It was posted in this thread earlier.

I'm sure the vid will resurface later as someone out there in the tumblr world had to have saved it.

Having just Googled "paige wwe lap dance" I can in fact confirm that the video is still available somewhere.

Fox318

I've been wanting Kofi to turn heel for a long time and I'm glad that it's finally happening. Many people may not like his style but I've always been a fan.

Honestly, the entirety of New Day is talented and I am happy that they're getting time to shine.

It is kinda crazy that quite possibly the worst face gimmick of all time works pretty well as a heel gimmick.

I mean their titantron opens up with women clapping and singing, not exactly heel shit.

It is kinda crazy that quite possibly the worst face gimmick of all time works pretty well as a heel gimmick.

I mean their titantron opens up with women clapping and singing, not exactly heel shit.

Seriously.

I'm also kind of glad that they didn't go to the "Nation 2.0" route. This comes across as more natural; they're still goof balls but dickish goof balls.

OctoMan

Banned
It's almost release season. I don't think we'll see much movement this year since most everyone is getting some tv time right now at least on the male side. House shows are stretched this too. There's a position for everyone, but NXT is crowded and there should be even more call-up soon.

Very unlikely, but I guess could see it:

Heath Slater- He's pretty much the perfect jobber. He's damn good on the mic. He survived his band mates getting released, he'll survive this.

Jack Swagger- He's really bland, has nowhere to go now, and probably less on tv than anyone these days, but Vince has always seemed to like him so I doubt it.

David Otunga- He works for WWE legal and does the raw preshow. Not really part of the main roster anymore but I figured I'd throw him on here.

PTP- I thought they were going to get a push but they didn't so I don't get what the point of putting them back together was. Titus has a great look and is really charismatic. He's too talented to be let go. Darren Young is whatever but I doubt they'd cut him.

Los Matadores- Eh, they seem over and the tag division needs some face gatekeepers. Seem like a hit at house shows too with El Torito. No reason for them to go anywhere. The only real concern is that they are sort of redundant with Lucha Dragons up.

On the fence:

The Ascension- The aren't over at all. Luckily for them they've only been up a couple months. They could be the heel gatekeepers of the division but it looks like tag team division is getting a little more crowded so well see.

Adam Rose- They seem to like him as a person judging by the documentary last night. But it's a business and dude just can't get over in the least bit. He needs a gimmick change but it certainly doesn't seem like wwe is willing to go that route with him yet again this late in his career.

Zack Ryder- Since the WWE stopped using local talent more or less, they do need jobbers here and then. That's Ryder's only hope. And they have the far better Slater and Axel characters for that.

Big E could have pulled it off being a serious tough guy.

They all could have pulled it off, really. Xavier was amazing on the mic when they tested the more serious gimmick out and I'm sure Kofi would have been fine knowing how he was during the Randy Orton feud that led to, well, you know.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair's new podcast is debuting today on CBS Radio's Play.IT. The first guest is TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and the second guest will be Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Sort of hyped now.

I got a feeling that Rollins is on the chopping block after the horrid ratings drop that has come with his title win. We'll probably get the reports of him being future endeavored following the Raw after Payback, where new WWEWHC Randy Orton hospitalizes him by landing his first punt in 5 years.

joelseph

Watching old stuff on the Network is new to me. It was crazy to see Hell in a Cell 2009 open with Taker vs Punk. Why would you open a show with your billed event? And what the heck where they thinking, there was hardly any cage spots the entire show.

Fox318

It's almost release season. I don't think we'll see much movement this year since most everyone is getting some tv time right now at least on the male side. House shows are stretched this too. There's a position for everyone, but NXT is crowded and there should be even more call-up soon.

Very unlikely, but I guess could see it:

Heath Slater- He's pretty much the perfect jobber. He's damn good on the mic. He survived his band mates getting released, he'll survive this.

Jack Swagger- He's really bland, has nowhere to go now, and probably less on tv than anyone these days, but Vince has always seemed to like him so I doubt it.

David Otunga- He works for WWE legal and does the raw preshow. Not really part of the main roster anymore but I figured I'd throw him on here.

PTP- I thought they were going to get a push but they didn't so I don't get what the point of putting them back together was. Titus has a great look and is really charismatic. He's too talented to be let go. Darren Young is whatever but I doubt they'd cut him.

Los Matadores- Eh, they seem over and the tag division needs some face gatekeepers. Seem like a hit at house shows too with El Torito. No reason for them to go anywhere. The only real concern is that they are sort of redundant with Lucha Dragons up.

On the fence:

The Ascension- The aren't over at all. Luckily for them they've only been up a couple months. They could be the heel gatekeepers of the division but it looks like tag team division is getting a little more crowded so well see.

Adam Rose- They seem to like him as a person judging by the documentary last night. But it's a business and dude just can't get over in the least bit. He needs a gimmick change but it certainly doesn't seem like wwe is willing to go that route with him yet again this late in his career.

Zack Ryder- Since the WWE stopped using local talent more or less, they do need jobbers here and then. That's Ryder's only hope. And they have the far better Slater and Axel characters for that.
Otunga has the Hudson connection. WWE isn't letting him go.

If you had to cut people I'd start with Los Matadores and Swagger but they need bodies. They can't have guys working 2 matches on Raw and I think its bad for smackdown if guys are working both Raw and smackdown.

Cagey

Banned
Seriously.

I'm also kind of glad that they didn't go to the "Nation 2.0" route. This comes across as more natural; they're still goof balls but dickish goof balls.

Exactly. The criticism that they needed to be a dominant evil heel faction was always very stupid and lazy, because black dudes ganging up had to be NOD 2.0.

Big E, Woods, and Kofi are goofballs. As faces or heels, they should be goofballs. They're not believable as bad ass MFers in either role.

Gorillaz

Otunga has the Hudson connection. WWE isn't letting him go.

If you had to cut people I'd start with Los Matadores and Swagger but they need bodies. They can't have guys working 2 matches on Raw and I think its bad for smackdown if guys are working both Raw and smackdown.

I would say even if he wasn't married to J Hud he would still have had a spot since he's in the law side of things but that makes it better for him.

Like a decade ago this dude was on a spin off show of flavor of love.......

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always find fake tv shows about fake tv shows to be the pillar of integrity. Though I do like when I use the internet.com it's just Stro on Reddit and Sunny here saying it. Sunny runs a website about wrestling, he could break this shit wide open. It's literally at his fingertips. Sell that information to Russo. It would go for some reasonable money since it would be the absolute first mention of it on the entire internet. Legit source for some Legit money.

The iron is hot and you're on the right side of the absurd vaccination debate. Make it happen, Sunny.

Good thinkin'. Flicker thinking.

Whaaaaa? The victim or the crazy woman? Either way, I'm sorry to hear that.

The crazy woman. Used to work with her.

the community has been shit for a while.

wwgsPBV.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching old stuff on the Network is new to me. It was crazy to see Hell in a Cell 2009 open with Taker vs Punk. Why would you open a show with your billed event? And what the heck where they thinking, there was hardly any cage spots the entire show.

There was a "good reason" for that. Rumor has it Punk showed his ass actin' like a trashy dude at some events during this feud, and Taker took him aside and told him to clean up a bit, wear nicer clothes. Punk said "but so and so didn't have to!" and Taker was like alright...do what you like.

So this was done to make him humble.

You should have bought her lunch. Now look what's happened.

LOL this was like 7 or so years ago

*APPLEDOUGH!*

*NO CHANCE IN HELL*

*Five moves of doom*

*APPLEDOUGH*

Don't forget Sami Zayn getting released.

Top Bottom