• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

RP912

Banned
Double J fitting to set the world on fire. In Jarrett we trust slap nuts.

On another note, I'll check out Flair's podcast later when Project CARS unlocks.

Zach

I have bought the JTG book and when I finish the Death of WCW extended version (barely past half-way and nowhere near Russo yet) I will read the JTG book. I am so fucking hyped.

I've read The Death of WCW, Titan Sinking or whatever (it was free on Kindle Unlimited), and THE STAMP COLLECTION BY DENNIS STAMP (so bad). Are you guys saying I should read JTG's book?

I've read The Death of WCW, Titan Sinking or whatever (it was free on Kindle Unlimited), and THE STAMP COLLECTION BY DENNIS STAMP (so bad). Are you guys saying I should read JTG's book?

Apparently it's a quick read so I'm burning through it real fast. 7 pages in and we're already on Ebola and wearing sunglasses indoors. Also every wrestler is a gigantic tattle-tale babyman.

RP912

Banned
Titan Sinking is a fun read. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that Vince changed his mind about Razor Ramon/Undertaker.

Recall

Woooooooo

Woooooooooooooio

Woo

3441249.gif

You know this GFW Roster is 'different' (so far) in that it's not just grabbing all the indie darlings like it did with TNA. I can't decide if that's a good thing or not, but at least I'm interested in what these guys can do on a 'bigger' spotlight.

GFW Roster (so far)

Justin Gabrial
DH Smith

Hmmm... it's definitely under consideration.

HHH and/or Shawn Michaels apparently shit all over Cryme Tyme after their debut because their gestures were too similar to the crotch-chop.

Also - the crossed wires between OVW and the WWE office are fucking mindblowing. Al Snow is a hilarious angry texter though.

Seriously, this book is fantastic. Well worth the dollar.

Zach

Anybody ever had contact dermatitis from peeling shrimp? I pricked my finger on a shrimp shell last night, and it's been swollen and itchy ever since. WTF.

Oh my god. You just reminded me that I had contact dermatitis after the 4th of July, like, five years ago. It was somehow on my chest and it was a terrible couple of weeks. I, like, held this small pillow against my chest for at least a week, as the pressure kept me from wanting to scratch it all the time.

How do I so easily forget about these strange episodes in my life? >_>

scabro

woo nation sounds like some horrible fucking zack ryder joint

should have been called Wheelin' and Dealin' or something

JTG was a drug mule in Europe for "one of the boys, a guy who had been with the company for nearly two decades and was cool with everyone," not sure who that would be but if it was one of the wrestlers it'd be during 2006-7?

Also William Regal is the coolest man in wrestling who stands up to backroom bullies.

Ultratech

Justin Gabriel? I didn't even realized he was released. News to me. Glad he is elsewhere.

I think I found that out last month and was like, "When the hell did he get released?".

Then again, they weren't doing much with him from what I last remember.

1. I counted 6 Woos in a span of 1.5 seconds.

2. The promo ads are killing me. I can't do this.

I've never enjoyed ads so much.

Just finished listening to it. It was kinda neat, not bad for a first episode. A little tacky, but certainly not without its charm. Can't wait for episode 3 when Flair gets REALLY drunk.

Also, why the hell don't guests get a good mic? Kurt sounds like someone who has been in TNA for years.

Yass

JTG was raped by John Cena's groupie, was arrainged for trial under The Honorable Judge Mark "Undertaker" Colloway's Wrestler Court, and only escaped wrestler's court because of the Benoit tragedy.

This book is fucking insane.

Heel

As expected, Ric's interview slowly morphed into grandpappy's old war stories, with his interviewee listening, laughing, and telling him how great he once was. This is what I came for, and when WOOOOOO!™ Nation is at its best.

Sadly, Ric's co-host and sobriety coach, The Goob, plays the straight man, attempting to refocus WOOOOOO!™ Nation into the confines of standard wrestling podcast fare. Motherfucker, this isn't about you, it's about downing Kamikazes and talking about blading.

I rate the first episode 7 out of 10, fully expecting the reins to loosen as the weeks go on.

AJW is All Japan which is why AJPW World would be huge. It would give you arguably the biggest promotions of the 80s and 90s, AJW and AJPW. Though I think NOAH has some of the older stuff? Definitely not the joshi stuff. All Japan is the only one of the big three to have ever done any joshi stuff.

All Japan Pro Wrestling and All Japan Women had nothing to do with one another. Two completely different companies that happened to have similar names, that is all.

JTG was a drug mule in Europe for "one of the boys, a guy who had been with the company for nearly two decades and was cool with everyone," not sure who that would be but if it was one of the wrestlers it'd be during 2006-7?

Also William Regal is the coolest man in wrestling who stands up to backroom bullies.

JTG was raped by John Cena's groupie, was arrainged for trial under The Honorable Judge Mark "Undertaker" Colloway's Wrestler Court, and only escaped wrestler's court because of the Benoit tragedy.

This book is fucking insane.
...what

Top Bottom