• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Fox318

I liked when it seemed like Rusev was the less evil of him and Lana and Lana held the chain and she was really the more evil one of the two making Rusev do whatever because Rusev was just a robot. And now it's seemed to turn into 'We want da hot blaond! for America! and Rusev is evil because he's not a hot blond!'

I agree but they do need to do something different or else Rusev won't have a job.

Undefeated heels or xenophobic heels don't have long runs right?

Aiii

So not worth it
Breaking up Lana and Rusev is a stupid move, and way too soon, as well.

It's a dumb move that'll bite them in the ass in the long run.

I just hope that when the Rusev/Lana break up happens, there's a contingency plan that lets Lana instantly turn heel by saying she was playing them the whole time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of Lana's appeal is that she's so stuck up and gets angry. If they get rid of that, I just don't...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Vince realizes how popular the business skirt/updo/demanding personality is. I don't think people want to see her in Kelly Kelly garb.

Agreed. It's a huge part of why people love her, because they want to but it's her resistance to it all that makes her very compelling.

In other news, good use of Blingee:

tumblr_nnxvx7KmZP1qmbjm2o1_400.gif

Cagey

Banned
Breaking up Lana and Rusev is a stupid move, and way too soon, as well.

It's a dumb move that'll bite them in the ass in the long run.

It is, but...

I still dread the day Lana gets her clothes ripped off and has stars and stripes underwear on. You know it's coming :(

This is going to be a great day in the history of our sport. Perhaps the greatest. This is pro wrestling at its most pro wrestling. This is the only way this breakup should culminate.

Zach

Last night's NXT was essentially an enormous plot dump to make up for the Wrestlemania hangover. Sooo many segments. Blake and Murphy need to drop the titles fast and re-work themselves - that new team that went out to face Enzo and Cass already had a more distinctive look than the Dubstep Cowboys.

I can see why they hired Dana now, she has a natural charisma and decent mic skills, does the whole vain asshole shtick very well. Hope she can up her in ring game fast, maybe the hinted feud with Charlotte could help her.

I'm ready for #NBexT.

- Noticed the plot dumpiness and outrageous amount of non-wrassle segments.
- Hate Blake/Murphy's faces and intro, but they're good enough wrasslers and I'm okay with their current feud.
- I too noticed Dana has decent mic skillz, but then I also noticed that she looks like she's had a ton of work done on her face and was horrified. Still could be a solid heel; just don't ever ask me to cheer for her. >_>
- For the first time ever, I was like "hey, this Becky girl ain't so bad," so good job with that, Triple H and co.
- Bonus: I'm tired of Breeze (and specifically Itami vs. Breeze) and want him to go back to Battle Dome.

Itami's injured and out for 6-8 months, yikes

Hooray! No more Itami vs. Breeze!

Boooooooo ;_; ;_; ;_; everything else about this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully when he comes back, he ditches the silly, wearing-my-dad's-clothes gi look...

Or he goes all-in with the chinese dragon dancers, sumo wrestlers, gong, cherry blossom rain, and backflipping ninjas. Make it intentionally bad and wrong.

shoulder injury

Was he pumping up the crowd? Or was it in the match itself?

somedevil

The report is from Pwinsider:

WWE NXT star Hideo Itami is out of action with a bad shoulder injury, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
While Itami is slated to be in a three-way bout against Tyler Breeze and Finn Balor at the 5/20 NXT Takeover event, according to sources we've spoken to, Itami is instead expected to be out of action for 6-8 months.

Sami Zayn is also out with an injury to his rotator cuff while Alex Riley is slated to undergo knee surgery today.

Everyone is getting shoulder injuries. It must happened at his last house show match on April 30. Really sucks for him because it looked like he was going to win the three way and he had the Japan tour coming up.

With all these injuries they might call up Gable or get those test results back faster to get Joe in there.

klonere

Banned
- Noticed the plot dumpiness and outrageous amount of non-wrassle segments.
- Hate Blake/Murphy's faces and intro, but they're good enough wrasslers and I'm okay with their current feud.
- I too noticed Dana has decent mic skillz, but then I also noticed that she looks like she's had a ton of work done on her face and was horrified. Still could be a solid heel; just don't ever ask me to cheer for her. >_>
- For the first time ever, I was like "hey, this Becky girl ain't so bad," so good job with that, Triple H and co.
- Bonus: I'm tired of Breeze (and specifically Itami vs. Breeze) and want him to go back to Battle Dome.

Hooray! No more Itami vs. Breeze!

Boooooooo ;_; ;_; ;_; everything else about this.

I like Breeze a lot but yeah, this is like Breeze vs Itami number 4 in the last 5 weeks or something like that? Coulda been Finn vs Breeze and have Itami take the bump on the outside.

Not that it matters now with that shoulder injury ;;;;; my vanilla midgets, they are all falling apart :((((((((((((

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with the BOTSJ tournament this year? I'' assuming it will be good, but I was hoping for a few more international names.

Not very uh, varied, but hey, Cavernario! Looking forward to his work in a huge way, and if you've never seen him, he's one to watch.

If you've not seen him, here's a FANTASTIC hair vs hair match with Barbaro Cavernario and Ray Cometa
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26baz1_rey-cometa-vs-cavernario-cabellera-vs-cabellera_sport

Top Bottom