• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Sephzilla

The womens division is the only exception.
Are you seriously trying to pull Breeze as someone they've built up well? That dude is basically there to put over Triple H's vanity projects before they release him because they realized he'll just be Fandango as soon as he shows up in the main roster.

Breeze still feels like a credible NXT title threat despite taking some fairly big losses, has a solid character, and can work. I'd say they built him up well.

Fox318

The womens division(all 3 of them) is the only exception.
Are you seriously trying to pull Breeze as someone they've built up well? That dude is basically there to put over Triple H's vanity projects before they release him because they realized he'll just be Fandango as soon as he shows up in the main roster.

I think that's more of an indictment to WWE raw creative than NXT building guys up.

Sephzilla

Miz already did breeze gimmick 100× better.

UeUngsX.gif

Breeze and Sandow both nailed that gimmick way better than Miz

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guarantee you Finlay's kid could have gotten a developmental deal since his dad works there, but I bet Finlay told him, 'no, go to NJPW and actually learn something THEN we'll throw it out there.' Same thing happened with Cody Hall. What does that say about your developmental program that it has this reputation of, 'Oh I need to develop somewhere else and then I can go to NXT.'

Sephzilla

I guarantee you Finlay's kid could have gotten a developmental deal since his dad works there, but I bet Finlay told him, 'no, go to NJPW and actually learn something THEN we'll throw it out there.' Same thing happened with Cody Hall. What does that say about your developmental program that it has this reputation of, 'Oh I need to develop somewhere else and then I can go to NXT.'

Or they realized they could get more money in Japan. Also, those guys made their decisions when DeMott was still employed with WWE, right? I could see that being an influence.

yes NXT title contender

And? The NXT Title these days is more valuable than most of the WWE titles these days

It's why CJ Parker quit, need to build Indy Cred in order to get anywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Or they realized they could get more money in Japan
A) Cody would have stuck with NJPW for his career if that was the case.
B) I highly doubt Young Lions get paid well either.

Who do I want to get trained by, guys like Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tanahashi, etc or do I want to get trained by the WCW Undercard. If Sara is going to the main roster, I wouldn't be surprised if NXT divas start seeing a drastic drop in quality in the near future.

Remember, if you fail in the WWE, it's an indictment of you, your training, their developmental system, the independent/foreign wrestling scene, anyone under 6'3"/280 lbs, and the "internet fans", because, as you know, WWE's booking is flawless as evidence by all the stars they've created over the past decade like...uh...give me a second here...

KissVibes

Banned
I wish Rusev is the one that dumps Lana onto John Cena and starts wearing suits all the time. And for a while he doesn't even fight dudes, he just stares at them until they leave the ring.

A) Cody would have stuck with NJPW for his career if that was the case.
B) I highly doubt Young Lions get paid well either.

Who do I want to get trained by, guys like Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tanahashi, etc or do I want to get trained by the WCW Undercard. If Sara is going to the main roster, I wouldn't be surprised if NXT divas start seeing a drastic drop in quality in the near future.

Getting trained by Z-man, glacier and Van hammer would be dope. Maybe throw a little diamond stuff in there

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tyler would not survive on the main roster in his current gimmick not with current creative. He'd be buried by commentary and then squashed in his first singles same night at the same time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bill DeMott shootin', via cagesideseats:

In a recent shoot interview, Bill DeMott makes it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints that led to his resignation were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

It's a couple of months now since Bill DeMott resigned as head WWE trainer after an internal memo was leaked that accused him of creating an unprofessional and unsafe work environment in NXT back in 2013. The allegations included incidents of homophobic and racist bullying, amongst other off-color remarks, and a litany of unsafe training practices.

Since that time, DeMott has kept a low profile. Well, that was until he did a shoot interview for his friend Vince Russo's new VIP website. Whilst he didn't respond to any specific accusations, he did make it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

When Russo complained about having to handhold young talent and babysit them as a backstage producer in TNA in 2012, even though he knew that they were never going to make it and had no business even being on television every single week, DeMott agreed that a lot of his time at the WWE Performance Centre was spent having to cater to the whims of the trainees that WWE had signed who had no life experience and were mentally unprepared for the rigours of their chosen profession:

"Yeah, you become a babysitter, big brother, guidance counsellor, authority figure, person of confidence, their trainer. The trick to this generation now is how do you be, I don't know if this is the right word, how do you be friendly and not be their friend?"

Knowing DeMott personally, Russo strongly believed that his problems were caused by having to pamper and kowtow to his students opening up a whole can of worms where they felt free to make false complaints against their teacher, which was a perception DeMott was willing to help foster by going on a rant about today's millennial generation that Vince McMahon would be proud of:

"I always use the term it's never the quarterback, it's the coach. We talk about football and a guy will stink the joint out, so it wasn't Tony Romo, it was the other guy and he was gone. Millennials, I think right that's what this generation is called the millennials. I think it's in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement. I guess it's old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that's all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don't know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that's a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: 'What do we do when they don't like that?' And I want to walk out because I'm not going to learn anything if I'm still trying to figure out [that]. It's tough, it's going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow. And that's a challenge I think."

Personally, I'm not sure how it's entitled to want a workplace where bullying, particularly of a homophobic, racist or sexist nature, is not tolerated, and where outdated training techniques that cause unnecessary risk of injury are phased out, but maybe holding such an opinion is symptomatic of a lazy millennial attitude to life?

Fox318

Bill DeMott shootin', via cagesideseats:

In a recent shoot interview, Bill DeMott makes it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints that led to his resignation were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

It's a couple of months now since Bill DeMott resigned as head WWE trainer after an internal memo was leaked that accused him of creating an unprofessional and unsafe work environment in NXT back in 2013. The allegations included incidents of homophobic and racist bullying, amongst other off-color remarks, and a litany of unsafe training practices.

Since that time, DeMott has kept a low profile. Well, that was until he did a shoot interview for his friend Vince Russo's new VIP website. Whilst he didn't respond to any specific accusations, he did make it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

When Russo complained about having to handhold young talent and babysit them as a backstage producer in TNA in 2012, even though he knew that they were never going to make it and had no business even being on television every single week, DeMott agreed that a lot of his time at the WWE Performance Centre was spent having to cater to the whims of the trainees that WWE had signed who had no life experience and were mentally unprepared for the rigours of their chosen profession:

"Yeah, you become a babysitter, big brother, guidance counsellor, authority figure, person of confidence, their trainer. The trick to this generation now is how do you be, I don't know if this is the right word, how do you be friendly and not be their friend?"

Knowing DeMott personally, Russo strongly believed that his problems were caused by having to pamper and kowtow to his students opening up a whole can of worms where they felt free to make false complaints against their teacher, which was a perception DeMott was willing to help foster by going on a rant about today's millennial generation that Vince McMahon would be proud of:

"I always use the term it's never the quarterback, it's the coach. We talk about football and a guy will stink the joint out, so it wasn't Tony Romo, it was the other guy and he was gone. Millennials, I think right that's what this generation is called the millennials. I think it's in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement. I guess it's old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that's all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don't know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that's a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: 'What do we do when they don't like that?' And I want to walk out because I'm not going to learn anything if I'm still trying to figure out [that]. It's tough, it's going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow. And that's a challenge I think."

Personally, I'm not sure how it's entitled to want a workplace where bullying, particularly of a homophobic, racist or sexist nature, is not tolerated, and where outdated training techniques that cause unnecessary risk of injury are phased out, but maybe holding such an opinion is symptomatic of a lazy millennial attitude to life?
Bill DeMott's twitter right now is nothing but retweets from fans and WWE staff saying nice things about him after the espn special

Jamie OD

Daivari's punches on the latest Lucha Underground are the funniest thing I've seen all day. I've seen Stormtroopers with more accuracy.

Top Bottom