• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I already watched Best of the Super Juniors 2015
1280x720-bqv.jpg

Zach

So supposedly an Owen DVD is in the works according to wrestlingdvdnews.

I just watched Owen/Austin SS '97 last night and they were both so good. I can't even imagine the great matches they could've had in a prolonged feud. Such a shame what happened. Hard to watch and sad to think how much better Austin could've been during his run on top had it not happened.

Everyone is getting shoulder injuries. It must happened at his last house show match on April 30. Really sucks for him because it looked like he was going to win the three way and he had the Japan tour coming up.

With all these injuries they might call up Gable or get those test results back faster to get Joe in there.

Man, NXT is really thin without Zayn and Itami. They'll have to push Joe and Uhaa Nation hard to make up for it. None of the WWE developed guys are ready for a top spot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So how many of you watched that Yoshiko vs Taiyo match I linked or do you only give womens wrestling the time of day when it's a twitter campaign.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So how many of you watched that Yoshiko vs Taiyo match I linked or do you only give womens wrestling the time of day when it's a twitter campaign.

I watched the jiffs. I haven't watched any wrestles in days :(

RP912

Banned
So far this JTG book is a dope read. I wonder who the "veteran" was in the book that gave a rookie some shit.

Probably Triple H

Barrage

Jesus, NXT is taking HITS.

I agree with the above poster-Joe is coming pronto.Not to mention Uhaa. They really should bring down a main roster guy they're doing nothing with (Rider or Slater). If they're under contract anyway, might as well use 'em.

The shittiest thing is, this will delay Balor being brought up even further (if you remember, he was rumored to be brought up the RAW after Wrestlemania).

Heel

Danny Bryan and his merry gang of fragile small men are only proving Vince right. Time to look at the striations and usher in another era of mastodons, friends.

Watched a ULL show last night, which was Gran Hamada's promotion in the early 90's and the place where M-Pro guys like Sasuke & Delfin got their start, as well as Jado and Ultimo Dragon. Hamada had a good match with Perro Aguayo in the main event, Perro could throw a goddam solid-looking punch, but the semi-main event was the highlight as, unsurprisingly, young Ultimo vs young Negro Casas was awesome. Also got to see some lucha dudes I'd never heard of before, Super Astro, Super Kendo & Shu El Guerrero, plus I was well impressed by Lizmark pulling this shit off on those rickety-ass ropes;

8rDBsdP.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh! I forgot Uhaa's real name, it was going to be Hoo-Ha District. That's what it was!

HOO
HA
HOO
HA

Watched a ULL show last night, which was Gran Hamada's promotion in the early 90's and the place where M-Pro guys like Sasuke & Delfin got their start, as well as Jado and Ultimo Dragon. Hamada had a good match with Perro Aguayo in the main event, Perro could throw a goddam solid-looking punch, but the semi-main event was the highlight as, unsurprisingly, young Ultimo vs young Negro Casas was awesome. Also got to see some lucha dudes I'd never heard of before, Super Astro, Super Kendo & Shu El Guerrero, plus I was well impressed by Lizmark pulling this shit off on those rickety-ass ropes;

8rDBsdP.gif

NEGRO CASAS

So wonderful! I remember Super Astro as well, I enjoyed that feller.

Hasney

And what was Brock complaining about? "I have a stomach ache so I'm not good at UFC anymore" or something like that?

BFIB

Listening to the Stone Cold Podcast with Shane Douglas. Pretty good inside views (albeit, one side) on the Flair politics.

Fox318

Dude the Piper podcast this week is so brutally honest, it breaks my heart.

1.5 hours on how Sting was buried by the WWE,
What I don't understand is the why

Is it Dunn and Vince?
Did HHH really want a win?
Did they do this as a fuck you to TNA and WCW fans?
They spent a ton of money and time building him up only for the 1 person who doesn't ever need a win to get one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was Itami hurt during a match or was it just ongoing stuff?

Tried to save his friend Daniel Bryan by interrupting an oil pulling detox session with Stephanie and Triple H, things got ugly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Atsushi Onita vs. Terry Funk Exploding No Rope Barbed Wire Exploding Ring Time Bomb Death Match
OvtsDhK.gif

When there's five minutes to go on the bomb, this industrial style countdown begins and it wails every time a second passes. It's like the Raw Siren x infinity. It's annoying but at the same time, it's so menacing sounding that you're like on some 'the mansion is going to explode in Resident Evil' type shit. and I love that the ref has like bomb gear on to protect them. They just don't make wrasslin like this anymore. They'd do this shit today and if it was BJW, they would be throwing active bombs and IEDs at each other. If it was DDT or some shit, they'd be like 'dohohoho it's a bomb!' and a bob-omb or some shit would show up on the screen and ibushi would be like
iChat+Image(425271742).png

somedevil

Was Itami hurt during a match or was it just ongoing stuff?

Not reported yet. His last match was a 3 way with Breeze and Balor house show match on April 30.

If they do lose Zayn and Itami, they have enough talent to balance out the loss. They have Uhaa nation coming in, they can push Crowe more, Samoa Joe coming soon and they can bring in the Shoot Nation as well.

tm24

Not very uh, varied, but hey, Cavernario! Looking forward to his work in a huge way, and if you've never seen him, he's one to watch.

If you've not seen him, here's a FANTASTIC hair vs hair match with Barbaro Cavernario and Ray Cometa
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26baz1_rey-cometa-vs-cavernario-cabellera-vs-cabellera_sport

Other people hyping up Barbaro Cavenario. Feels so long ago when there were only 2 people who knew of his existence.

Also got to see some lucha dudes I'd never heard of before, Super Astro, Super Kendo & Shu El Guerrero, plus I was well impressed by Lizmark pulling this shit off on those rickety-ass ropes;

8rDBsdP.gif
Shu El Guerrero is the one you want to watch more of. There should be a apuestas match floating around of Shu teaming with Black Terry and someone else who i can't remember as Los Temerarios vs Super Astro, Solar and someone else i can't remember. Los Temerarios wrestled that lucha brawl style of the 80s thats just so fun to watch

Fox318

So the wrestlers who have podcast list:

Colt Cabana
Taz
Ric Flair
Booker T
Bill Goldberg
Y2J
Jim Ross
Steve Austin
Josh Mathews
Roddy Piper

Am I missing any?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NXT cant build people up?

hqdefault.jpg

The womens division(all 3 of them) is the only exception.
Are you seriously trying to pull Breeze as someone they've built up well? That dude is basically there to put over Triple H's vanity projects before they release him because they realized he'll just be Fandango as soon as he shows up in the main roster.

Top Bottom