• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Ithil

Bill DeMott shootin', via cagesideseats:

In a recent shoot interview, Bill DeMott makes it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints that led to his resignation were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

It's a couple of months now since Bill DeMott resigned as head WWE trainer after an internal memo was leaked that accused him of creating an unprofessional and unsafe work environment in NXT back in 2013. The allegations included incidents of homophobic and racist bullying, amongst other off-color remarks, and a litany of unsafe training practices.

Since that time, DeMott has kept a low profile. Well, that was until he did a shoot interview for his friend Vince Russo's new VIP website. Whilst he didn't respond to any specific accusations, he did make it perfectly clear that he feels that the complaints were sour grapes from a group of individuals who blamed him for their own failings and weren't willing to work hard for the WWE superstardom that they craved.

When Russo complained about having to handhold young talent and babysit them as a backstage producer in TNA in 2012, even though he knew that they were never going to make it and had no business even being on television every single week, DeMott agreed that a lot of his time at the WWE Performance Centre was spent having to cater to the whims of the trainees that WWE had signed who had no life experience and were mentally unprepared for the rigours of their chosen profession:

"Yeah, you become a babysitter, big brother, guidance counsellor, authority figure, person of confidence, their trainer. The trick to this generation now is how do you be, I don't know if this is the right word, how do you be friendly and not be their friend?"

Knowing DeMott personally, Russo strongly believed that his problems were caused by having to pamper and kowtow to his students opening up a whole can of worms where they felt free to make false complaints against their teacher, which was a perception DeMott was willing to help foster by going on a rant about today's millennial generation that Vince McMahon would be proud of:

"I always use the term it's never the quarterback, it's the coach. We talk about football and a guy will stink the joint out, so it wasn't Tony Romo, it was the other guy and he was gone. Millennials, I think right that's what this generation is called the millennials. I think it's in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement. I guess it's old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that's all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don't know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that's a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: 'What do we do when they don't like that?' And I want to walk out because I'm not going to learn anything if I'm still trying to figure out [that]. It's tough, it's going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow. And that's a challenge I think."

Personally, I'm not sure how it's entitled to want a workplace where bullying, particularly of a homophobic, racist or sexist nature, is not tolerated, and where outdated training techniques that cause unnecessary risk of injury are phased out, but maybe holding such an opinion is symptomatic of a lazy millennial attitude to life?

"Everyone's stupid except me"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Weird gaming this-n-that thoughts:

Splatoon doesn't look very good, to be honest

New AC looks fantastic, can't wait. Unity took a couple hours to get its hooks in me but I loved it, probably more than all the others

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is dope, a little stealth-heavy at the beginning but no fail states so it's not frustrating. And CASTLES, by god CASTLES. $20 is the right price for more Wolfenstein

Killing Floor 2 is just kinda...more Killing Floor. Which isn't bad, but I don't see any huge innovations.

KissVibes

Banned
Vince, would you say that $30 is too much for Killing Floor 2? Cause Killing Floor always seemed like one of those buy it for like $3 for practically everyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince, would you say that $30 is too much for Killing Floor 2? Cause Killing Floor always seemed like one of those buy it for like $3 for practically everyone.

Depends on how much you liked the original and if you have PALS to play with. If you got pals who have it, dive in. If you don't, nope. Not yet. Maybe I'll discover the best thing about it, but it feels very...samey

You guys should play real video,games

B2GE6XACQAEd00_.jpg

XenoRaven

Are you on PS4? You should add me!

Theslightconfuse

House of wolves looks good so far
Yeah.

PSN: XenoRaven

I play with my raid friends from FFXIV, but I've been running stuff with DestinyGAF too. Send me an invite or whatever if you ever need someone to run stuff.

I'll probably get back into Crucible sometime soon too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dude the Piper podcast this week is so brutally honest, it breaks my heart.

1.5 hours on how Sting was buried by the WWE,
"stiffer than a lexington steel boner"
"kamala and the guy from def leppard can rub nubs together"
"9/11 of wrestling"

I haven't even finished yet, jesus.

Y2SHILL HOST OF TOUGH ENOUGH

D BRY STILL WITH COMPNAY AFTER RETIRMENT

NEW YORK and STAMFORD, CONN – May 7, 2015 – USA Network and WWE announced today that WWE Superstar Chris Jericho will be the host of the highly-anticipated series, WWE TOUGH ENOUGH, and will be joined by a panel of experts comprised of WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan®, WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan® and WWE Diva Paige™. The high-octane reality series premieres LIVE Tuesday, June 23 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on USA Network and around the world.*

Trainers

Throughout the competition, the contestants will be trained by WWE Legends Booker T™, Billy Gunn™ and Lita™. Contestants will also come face-to-face with WWE icons including WWE Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon; Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative, Paul “Triple H®” Levesque; Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon; and WWE Superstar John Cena®, among othe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJPW just put out two serious MOTYCs for me.

Akebono & Yutaka Yoshie (c) vs Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara

Akebono vs Kento Miyahara
MbGEMfu.gif

5EuPkeu.gif

rOp4DWH.gif

tYv3Phs.gif

Akebono and Kento have some of the best chemistry in wrestling right now. I love watching them work. Serious big match vibes. And Go is the best Ace in Japan. And I love how Yoshie uses his size. Watch both even if you don't follow AJPW. The singles match is much slower paced than the tag if you can't handle slower stuff, but the singles match gets over Miyahara huge.

I'm not a huge fan of them hot shotting the title to Miyahara and Shiozaki even if they are arguably two best things in AJPW right now and it's to build up the rematch which could be huge for them.

Thank you based Jun

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tYv3Phs.gif

Akebono and Kento have some of the best chemistry in wrestling right now. I love watching them work. Serious big match vibes. And Go is the best Ace in Japan. And I love how Yoshie uses his size. Watch both even if you don't follow AJPW. The singles match is much slower paced than the tag if you can't handle slower stuff, but the singles match gets over Miyahara huge.

I'm not a huge fan of them hot shotting the title to Miyahara and Shiozaki even if they are arguably two best things in AJPW right now and it's to build up the rematch which could be huge for them.

Thank you based Jun

Bono's so much fun, what a fun guy.

Wait I thought Daniel Bryan was paralyzed from the neck down.

You don't need to be able to move in order to compliment everybody and be the Paula Abdul of the panel, you just need to be able to talk and smile

And before somebody says it, Bryan can talk. He can't do great promos, but he can still talk

RP912

Banned
Almost done with the JTG book. I didn't know the carniness in the WWE was real, but it's as real as hell.

Wrestling court though 0_o

Surprised the Bellas are not part of Tough Enough as well.

Anyway here is hoping the winner wont get busted for drugs a month after he wins this time.

jmdajr

20150323_TE_Coaches_LIGHT_HP.jpg

cool

can I see it on Hulu?

Edit:

Throughout the competition, the contestants will be trained by WWE Legends Booker T, Billy Gunn and Lita. Contestants will also come face-to-face with WWE icons including WWE Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon; Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative, Paul “Triple H” Levesque; Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon; and WWE Superstar John Cena, among others.

I see

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jericho? I don't understand this choice at all. Seems like the show would be a bad fit for him.
Feels like everything is for Jericho. Only natural place for him feels like it's in the ring.

Don't see the problem with having the second most popular female star during your hottest period, your top babyface of the last couple years, and an acclaimed second generation wrestler with 10 years of experience around the world judging future talent.

Y'all are being super smarky and ridiculous right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hoooooly crap Becky needs work on her promo skills after that conference.

Wow she sounded nervous. No way is she close to ready.

jmdajr

Don't see the problem with having the second most popular female star during your hottest period, your top babyface of the last couple years, and an acclaimed second generation wrestler with 10 years of experience around the world judging future talent.

Y'all are being super smarky and ridiculous right now.

And they'll all be watching and voting.

Aiii

So not worth it
I almost traded my Wii U for an Xbone today, but the guy got cold feet and backed out of the deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I almost traded my Wii U for an Xbone today, but the guy got cold feet and backed out of the deal.
Shame. My WiiU has dried the fuck up and I don't want mine anymore. Just takes up space. I used to really enjoy it but I feel done with it.

Top Bottom