• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

If Zayn can't compete, you know what this means...

CEfu-BcWIAIWyv3.png

Hasney

O shit is Dean turning heel at payback?

If the Shield reforms, I'm tuning into Raw the next night. Unless Dean wins the title somehow in a random swerve which makes me watch because I enjoy Russo booking, I can't see another outcome that makes me watch.

ARMCHAIR BOOKING TIME: Shield reforms with Seth and Ambrose lying down for Roman to pin both of them and they end up defending the title under Freebird rules. Summerslam is Brock V the 3 of them in what is billed as a fatal four way and not only does Brock dominate, but to keep them strong, personal ambition gets in the way so they do end up fighting each other.

TraBuch

Banned
Is there any chance at all Lana's terrible face turn is all just an act? That when John Cena inevitably tries to save the damsel in distress from big, bad Rusev after slut-shaming her for the past few months, she turns around and just kicks Cena in the balls? Please?

KissVibes

Banned
How does Quack get away with such blatant infringement? Year and years of font theft, name theft, being a bad wrestler, bullying BronsonLee....HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

Toki767

I'm guessing if Zayn is really injured, we're either getting Owens vs Balor again or maybe they just put Samoa Joe in there to make his first match seem special.

Joe's still going to NXT right?

Hasney

Yep! I think some of Corgan's fingerprints are already gonna be on it too. At least worth watching for that.

Think I'll watch that tomorrow and give it a shot. TNA have needed a change for a while and at least Corgan is a huge fan. Especially a fan of the good stuff in terms of ECW.

Just please god no more nostalgia ECW booking.

JavyOO7

Going off of the Bryan and Vinny show recently, TNA creative has been good and the shows have been reflecting that. Just not enough viewers due to switch to Destination America.

Is there any chance at all Lana's terrible face turn is all just an act? That when John Cena inevitably tries to save the damsel in distress from big, bad Rusev after slut-shaming her for the past few months, she turns around and just kicks Cena in the balls? Please?

I hope so too, but it seems everyone/Vince likes Lana, and RuLana has run its course, so a face turn is inevitable.

It's funny to think that Lana is going to get the bigger push of the two.

Toki767

Going off of the Bryan and Vinny show recently, TNA creative has been good and the shows have been reflecting that. Just not enough viewers due to switch to Destination America.

The shows really have been pretty good lately.

It's just too bad it took them losing Spike TV to actually change.

Hasney

sighs....why did this happened :/

I'll probably tune in on a live Impact depending on my mood tonight.

Rhyno V Raven in TNA 2005 was much better than it had any right to be with fat Raven in the match. The fact he came back again was hilarious.

I am glad Rhyno is back in WWE though. He's one of the last guys along with Brock (although not on the same level) that has such a physical charisma that it makes up for any mic skills.

RP912

Banned
Rhyno V Raven in TNA 2005 was much better than it had any right to be with fat Raven in the match. The fact he came back again was hilarious.

I am glad Rhyno is back in WWE though. He's one of the last guys along with Brock (although not on the same level) that has such a physical charisma that it makes up for any mic skills.

Since Zayn is on the shelf, it's time for Rhyno to give Owens that big fight feel. That match would help out the slump that NXT is currently in.

Hasney

Since Zayn is on the shelf, it's time for Rhyno to give Owens that big fight feel. That match would help out the slump that NXT is currently in.

To be honest, I've not fully enjoyed Owens past his debut night, especially as a heel. THat part might be an issue with bulding him up against Riley though. If they can build Rhyno up as a face and give them some time, I'd be all for Owens V Rhyno to sell me on the big guys that I've never fully been sold on WWE wise.

Hell, even Balor/Owens was a little disappointing, so Owens against another big guy with some time would be very interesting to me.

The problem with heel Owens is that he's a fat nerd with a scrappy beard, spikey hair from the late 90s, and a Rock mark tattoo so wrestle fans see too much of themselves in him.

RP912

Banned
To be honest, I've not fully enjoyed Owens past his debut night, especially as a heel. THat part might be an issue with bulding him up against Riley though. If they can build Rhyno up as a face and give them some time, I'd be all for Owens V Rhyno to sell me on the big guys that I've never fully been sold on WWE wise.

Hell, even Balor/Owens was a little disappointing, so Owens against another big guy with some time would be very interesting to me.

To be real Owens will forever be the ROH guy that had a good storyline and stable. The problem with his NXT run is that he's not doing shit but being a big bully without the teacher giving a fuck. They need to let him be more of a jackass to the point Rhyno steps in and be like "enough is enough". This would be the setting point of the feud without Rhyno looking like a huge baby face.

Bottom line Owens needs Zayn like the Batman needs Joker.

The problem with heel Owens is that he's a fat nerd with a scrappy beard, spikey hair from the late 90s, and a Rock mark tattoo so wrestle fans see too much of themselves in him.

So he's the comic book guy of NXT...

Alucard

Banned
So expect a Rat In A Cage match?

And cute uses of other Pumpkins songs and lyrics in the commentary.

"He wins by a...LANDSLIDE." *cue the music*

"James Storm is clearly a man who can...DISARM YOU WITH A SMILE." *cue the music*

"We are here TONIGHT! TONIGHT! And we are going to rock it like it's 1979!"

*cue the music*

Today is the greatest day I've ever known in the history of our sport.

Arm bar with a smile
Submit you like you want me to
Blade me little child
Inside of me and such a part of you
Ooh, the years burn
Ooh, the years burn

TNA is truly the place to explore issues like race and gender.

Eh, I'm willing to give Corgan a chance. He's sounded very sincere in his interviews. We'll see how it goes. I'm sure Destination America will likely try to have a say as well.

Think I'll watch that tomorrow and give it a shot. TNA have needed a change for a while and at least Corgan is a huge fan. Especially a fan of the good stuff in terms of ECW.

Just please god no more nostalgia ECW booking.

Co-signed regarding no more ECW nostalgia. Take the spirit of ECW, but don't be ECW. Take chances, try new things, and engage your audience. But yeah, ECW was mostly shit looking back on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For 'being sabotaged' and 'not used right' Bret sure was on the cover of nearly every PPV promo, event promos, and merchandise in WCW.

Getting through to the end of the Expanded Edition of The Death of WCW and I wanna post a question - who's your favorite late-90s era WCW booker, from the following:

a) Kevin "Above The Mortal Marks" Nash
b) Eric Bischoff
c) Vince Russo

This book just gets so, so, sooooooo depressing towards the end.

Top Bottom