• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

jmdajr

Paige deadlifting 95lbs.

With a mixed grip, lol
Wearing rings, lol

07_PAIGE_03022015JR_0134b-652593244.jpg

Are you serious bro

It's a work brother!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Young Bucks are so shitty that even dying WCW wouldn't book them. They'd be jobbers to the Natural Born Thrillers at best.

They have a lot in common, really. Shitty wrestlers who have zero psychology and fans that don't know why they like them. Except the Thrillers were at least Mastodons.

Young Bucks are so shitty that even dying WCW wouldn't book them. They'd be jobbers to the Natural Born Thrillers at best.

They have a lot in common, really. Shitty wrestlers who have zero psychology and fans that don't know why they like them. Except the Thrillers were at least Mastodons.

I loved em all.

Palumbo and O'Hare were always top contenders for the Putski award.

iMax

Oh shit. The Shield twitter account has started tweeting again. They died at Payback last year. Reforming this year, perhaps?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting through to the end of the Expanded Edition of The Death of WCW and I wanna post a question - who's your favorite late-90s era WCW booker, from the following:

a) Kevin "Above The Mortal Marks" Nash
b) Eric Bischoff
c) Vince Russo

This book just gets so, so, sooooooo depressing towards the end.

Um...ummmm....

Russo. :(

Russo actually had ideas he had no fear with going all in on. Lots of them were shit, but the fact that he was willing to go all in on them provided the opportunity for something interesting.

favorite booker of all time has gotta go to Kevin Sullivan though. But he's not in this list.

v7MiO0l.gif

Horse radish is the absolute worst. Who the fuck thinks this is edible in any way shape or form?

Horse Radish with roast beef? Heaven.

Hi WrassleGaf. I've been lurking a while without posting. Sorry about that. Currently feeling a little wobbly on Jamesons and post-election blues. I haven't really watched any wrestling for weeks (since Mania), even the wonderful LU. What have I missed?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Horse Radish with roast beef? Heaven.

Hi WrassleGaf. I've been lurking a while without posting. Sorry about that. Currently feeling a little wobbly on Jamesons and post-election blues. I haven't really watched any wrestling for weeks (since Mania), even the wonderful LU. What have I missed?

What have you missed? You missed giving us a Fave Five!

if you have a favourite booker its time to step back from wrestling friends

Sullivan is brilliant and has great ideas. Don't be a weenie. YES I used a gendered term.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn you Vince, why do you have to call pepsi and coke trash on my twitter account

Bronson, get WrestleGAF Court up and running!

Forced to make a choice between the two Coke Is It! The only good Pepsi is the one that told me I'm a piece of shit a few minutes ago.

Water: drink of the gods

What have you missed? You missed giving us a Fave Five!

Sullivan is brilliant and has great ideas. Don't be a weenie. YES I used a gendered term.

Wait, do I get to choose the fave five?

Sunny... did I hear you on the LAW the other day? Getting an F n' P reference in there was a #deadgiveaway

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, do I get to choose the fave five?

Sunny... did I hear you on the LAW the other day? Getting an F n' P reference in there was a #deadgiveaway

Damn right, a WrassleGAF Special! And yes you do. Give us two if you like. An All-Time Fave Five and a Current Fave Five.

Tell you what. You fly me to where you are, let me rub my naked ass all over your face, kick you in the groin because you have an accent, and suckerpunch you in the face, and you tell me if I'm a horrible person.

People will defend any old shit.

Hey, if you can't stand up to Bill DeMott to his face instead of whining about it on the Internet, how can I ever trust you to stand up to Vinny Mac's dumb character or storyline ideas about you?

Ya' know why Hulk could? Because he got his leg broken in training. Ya' know why Bret could? Because he got stretched by his own Dad in the dungeon. Ya' know why The Rock could? Because he probably went through the same shit during football training. Ya' know why Austin could? Because he got trained by Chris Adams. Hell, ya' know why Punk could? Because he got trained the old school way.

Again, if you can't say 'fuck you' to bullshit middle school hazing from a chubby asshole who never did anything in this business. how are you going to say 'fuck you' to abuse and bad storylines from the most powerful man in wrestling history?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Starcade 1983 pass/go

The Assassins (Assassin #1 and #2) (with Paul Jones) vs Rufus R. Jones and Bugsy McGraw
Pass

Kevin Sullivan and Mark Lewin (with Gary Hart) vs Scott McGhee and Johnny Weaver
Pass but watch the Angelo Mosca promo later in the show

Abdullah the Butcher vs Carlos Colon
Watch. It's short and has a screwy finish, but Abby's in awesome condition here(well, for Abby)

Bob Orton, Jr. and Dick Slater vs Mark Youngblood and Wahoo McDaniel
Watch. Second best match on the card thanks to Slater and Cowboy Bob.

Charlie Brown vs Great Kabuki (c) (with Gary Hart) Mask vs Title match
Pass unless you can deal with Jimmy Valiant. Kabuki is pretty badass and Gary is great at the end, but Valiant no-sells 5 separate times to get his shit in. The start sucks as it's mostly Valiant on offense, the middle to end are ok
Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine Dog Collar Match
Watch. This is the best match on the card and is the best match I've ever seen Piper in because it's not technical. It's just a rough and bloody fight and they make great use of the gimmick. I have no real love for either participant, but it's a fantastic dog collar match. Really shows how they should be done.

Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood vs The Brisco Brothers (Jack and Jerry Brisco) (c)
Watch. I liked the earlier tag match better, but this one is really good. It's got one great wrestler (Jack) one destined-to-be-great (Steamboat) and two really solid workers.

Ric Flair vs Harley Race (c)
Watch? Watch if you really like Flair or Race. I thought it dragged on too long and Flair as a babyface does absolutely nothing for me. Watch it to see Flair being given the torch proper this time(unlike his prior title win)

Overall it turned out a better show than WM1. There's some serious cringe-worthy promos stuffed throughout it and the best content is the matches, Harley's promos, Cowboy Bob promos, and Angelo's promo. Solie is honestly pretty awkward on commentary on this and I saw Piper in a NJPW shirt.

Is there any chance at all Lana's terrible face turn is all just an act? That when John Cena inevitably tries to save the damsel in distress from big, bad Rusev after slut-shaming her for the past few months, she turns around and just kicks Cena in the balls? Please?

Ehhh. This sounds like something I'd read on With Spandex.

I'm just happy to have heard Lana's theme song on Smackdown; I miss the days when her theme would play before Rusev's.

Such a good piece of work; it reminds me of Soul Calibur every time that I hear it. CFO$ ain't too bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine Dog Collar Match
Watch. This is the best match on the card and is the best match I've ever seen Piper in because it's not technical. It's just a rough and bloody fight and they make great use of the gimmick. I have no real love for either participant, but it's a fantastic dog collar match. Really shows how they should be done.

I really loved this match and want to recommend it to anyone who has ever been disgusted by Valentine. He shines here.

Hey, if you can't stand up to Bill DeMott to his face instead of whining about it on the Internet, how can I ever trust you to stand up to Vinny Mac's dumb character or storyline ideas about you?

Ya' know why Hulk could? Because he got his leg broken in training. Ya' know why Bret could? Because he got stretched by his own Dad in the dungeon. Ya' know why The Rock could? Because he probably went through the same shit during football training. Ya' know why Austin could? Because he got trained by Chris Adams. Hell, ya' know why Punk could? Because he got trained the old school way.

Again, if you can't say 'fuck you' to bullshit middle school hazing from a chubby asshole who never did anything in this business. how are you going to say 'fuck you' to abuse and bad storylines from the most powerful man in wrestling history?

Different economic realities. Where else is anyone else going to go? IWA-Mid West? NWA-Who Gives a Fuck? Mexico? TNA?

You're comparing days when territories and WCW exist. It's not like that now.

Damn right, a WrassleGAF Special! And yes you do. Give us two if you like. An All-Time Fave Five and a Current Fave Five.

Apologies, had to run an unexpected errand. Let's do this:

Fave Five WWE VHS Tapes I Watched Too Much as A Kid

1) UK Rampage 1991
2) Summerslam 88
3) Survivor Series 88
4) My friend's copy of Prime Time wrestling that he recorded from Sky TV that I had to keep messing with the tracking to watch
5) The copy of 'No Holds Barred' my Gran got me for christmas once because it had that Hulk man in it and young Ghosts likes the wrestlings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies, had to run an unexpected errand. Let's do this:

Fave Five WWE VHS Tapes I Watched Too Much as A Kid

1) UK Rampage 1991
2) Summerslam 88
3) Survivor Series 88
4) My friend's copy of Prime Time wrestling that he recorded from Sky TV that I had to keep messing with the tracking to watch
5) The copy of 'No Holds Barred' my Gran got me for christmas once because it had that Hulk man in it and young Ghosts likes the wrestlings.

Rip em.

Hasney

As a pat on the back for members of this community for a better WrassleGAF since it will probably be lost in the appropriate thread, I just want to say that I've enjoyed talking with Mr. Luchador about UK politics today as I feel we have very similar views but he's resisted going to the extreme some on our side have despite being very disappointed and although iMax is on the opposite end of the spectrum of us two AND has the handicap of a John Cena avatar
/s
, I feel he put his viewpoint across well, even when responding to the extreme left which ended up grating on him, hence the spitting gifs.

It may not have been the result I wanted and a lot of contributions in that thread were best ignored, but I had fun talking with you guys at least.

As a pat on the back for members of this community for a better WrassleGAF since it will probably be lost in the appropriate thread, I just want to say that I've enjoyed talking with Mr. Luchador about UK politics today as I feel we have very similar views but he's resisted going to the extreme some on our side have despite being very disappointed and although iMax is on the opposite end of the spectrum of us two AND has the handicap of a John Cena avatar
/s
, I feel he put his viewpoint across well, even when responding to the extreme left which ended up grating on him, hence the spitting gifs.

It may not have been the result I wanted and a lot of contributions in that thread were best ignored, but I had fun talking with you guys at least.

How is it in the thread now? I was in for half an hour or so earlier but it was too intense. I decided I was best served hitting the bottle and popping my Wrasslegaf cherry.

While on the subject, I'm gutted about the political leanings of our nation - we should know better than this by now.

Hasney

How is it in the thread now? I was in for half an hour or so earlier but it was too intense. I decided I was best served hitting the bottle and popping my Wrasslegaf cherry.

While on the subject, I'm gutted about the political leanings of our nation - we should know better than this by now.

It's calming down, I'm just frustrated the rhetoric has been boiled down yet again to who shouts the loudest, even off the internet. It wasn't even this bad in 2010 and it doesn't help anyone and while posters like iMax, SmokeyDave and Cyclops have a minority position GAF wise, the way some people on our side engaged them is going to make their position more entrenched.

I've also hit the bottle, but that's just because it's Friday and considering that the fact that the usuals of my metal night out were depressed with the result and a few people were trying to engage me just for drinking a Scottish beer (and there's no shame in drinking BrewDogs beers no matter when!). So I'm drunk and on the internet without a wrestling PPV for once.

However, posting while popping your cherry in here requires a fave five wrasslers!

Top Bottom