• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Hasney

They come off as an X-Pac imitation at a coked up peak trying to Shawn Michaels.

After finishing the Attitude era Raws they bothered to put up on the Network, holy shit X-Pac is over, even with his horribly offensive portrayals of Mark Henry and Ken Shamrock.

He should have had a better friend outside of a the main Kliq than Justin Credible and had a better say in the theme. He might have gotten back over.

It's calming down, I'm just frustrated the rhetoric has been boiled down yet again to who shouts the loudest, even off the internet. It wasn't even this bad in 2010 and it doesn't help anyone and while posters like iMax, SmokeyDave and Cyclops have a minority position GAF wise, the way some people on our side engaged them is going to make their position more entrenched.

I've also hit the bottle, but that's just because it's Friday and considering that the fact that the usuals of my metal night out were depressed with the result and a few people were trying to engage me just for drinking a Scottish beer (and there's no shame in drinking BrewDogs beers no matter when!). So I'm drunk and on the internet without a wrestling PPV for once.

However, posting while popping your cherry in here requires a fave five wrasslers!

I did a Fave Five, but Sunny said I could also have an All Time so here it is...

1) (early noughties) Angle
2) Bork
3) Savage
3) Liger
4) Bret

Pretty pedestrian list! Bret headlined the only live 'e even i've seen with Flair in 92, Bork and Angle was the last feud I enjoyed in '03 before quitting wrasslin' for a decade or so (ironman match on Smackdown was brilliant). Liger and Savage are obvious additions to anyone's fave five I guess....

After finishing the Attitude era Raws they bothered to put up on the Network, holy shit X-Pac is over, even with his horribly offensive portrayals of Mark Henry and Ken Shamrock.

He should have had a better friend outside of a the main Kliq than Justin Credible and had a better say in the theme. He might have gotten back over.

X-Pac's biggest problem is that he continued the '98 DX shtick long after it had ran it's course and it wound up grating on people.

Hasney

I did a Fave Five, but Sunny said I could also have an All Time so here it is...

1) (early noughties) Angle
2) Bork
3) Savage
3) Liger
4) Bret

Pretty pedestrian list! Bret headlined the only live 'e even i've seen with Flair in 92, Bork and Angle was the last feud I enjoyed in '03 before quitting wrasslin' for a decade or so (ironman match on Smackdown was brilliant). Liger and Savage are obvious additions to anyone's fave five I guess....

Sweet, I must have missed it, but awesome.

I randomly looked up Angles debut again as I thought he appeared in 1998 for some reason so kept expecting it as I watched Attitude Raw on the Network. After that finished, I watched his Raw promos before debuting which were ambiguous heel or face wise, but his first match where he just grabs the mic during it is gold.

Part of me really wishes the ECW link would have panned out as I'd have loved ot have seen him in that environment as his start... But Heyman's Smackdown was good enough.

Bizazedo

Little girl just asked who D Z would like to tag team with. Second time was asked, but was a girl of like five so he humored her. Says Zach Ryder. Host asks if she knows who that is. She surprised him by saying yes.

D Z says she obviously has a YouTube account. I chuckled.

Sweet, I must have missed it, but awesome.

I randomly looked up Angles debut again as I thought he appeared in 1998 for some reason so kept expecting it as I watched Attitude Raw on the Network. After that finished, I watched his Raw promos before debuting which were ambiguous heel or face wise, but his first match where he just grabs the mic during it is gold.

Part of me really wishes the ECW link would have panned out as I'd have loved ot have seen him in that environment as his start... But Heyman's Smackdown was good enough.

Is that the one where he commentated and there was an angle involving Raven, Sandman and a crucifixion so he walked out because he deemed it blasphemous?

From blasphemy to bestiality sex... the rise & fall of Kurt Angle.

Here's the Ironman match, next time you have a spare hour http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk...lesnar-iron-man-match-smackdown-privado_sport

Hasney

Is that the one where he commentated and there was an angle involving Raven, Sandman and a crucifixion so he walked out because he deemed it blasphemous?

From blasphemy to bestiality sex... the rise & fall of Kurt Angle.

Here's the Ironman match, next time you have a spare hour http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk...lesnar-iron-man-match-smackdown-privado_sport

Yup, then walked into a company that was fresh off its own crucifixion. But it's not a cross, so it's fine!

If ECW hadn't have acted first, I'd love to have seen what would have happened if WWF signed him at the time instead of Mark Henry though.

I jested about Naomi using her hard hitting backside finisher with sinister heel vibes the other week but I tuned into Smackdown just in time to see exactly that, I'm just saying that maybe a different finisher would be more suitable.
Or at least a banzai drop.

Any other interesting wrasslers?
Stang! Also, Paige and Roman.

I jested about Naomi using her hard hitting backside finisher with sinister heel vibes the other week but I tuned into Smackdown just in time to see exactly that, I'm just saying that maybe a different finisher would be more suitable.
Or at least a banzai drop.
I'm ok with "Naomi calls that the Rear View" as a finisher. I'm liking her with the braids that she's rocking now. Kinda reminding me of Jacqueline.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF Game Night will be a scavenger hunt in Second Life.

You will be tasked with finding a wrestling-themed list, take screenshots in-game and return to me. Winner gets a tag.

Hasney

WrassleGAF Game Night will be a scavenger hunt in Second Life.

You will be tasked with finding a wrestling-themed list, take screenshots in-game and return to me. Winner gets a tag.

... That's still alive? Admittedly, something like that sounds very WrassleGAF.

EDIT: Totally random, but did you bring up some sort of free roaming build anything game on the XB1 that could compare to Second Life without the perviness at some point? I feel like we've had this conversation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
... That's still alive? Admittedly, something like that sounds very WrassleGAF.

EDIT: Totally random, but did you bring up some sort of free roaming build anything game on the XB1 that could compare to Second Life without the perviness at some point? I feel like we've had this conversation.

No. All I can figure is Landmark (which isn't XB1) or Minecraft. Fuck building.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I have no problem with Valentine as a wrestler. Not the greatest on the mic, but when he had Hart with him, that didn't really matter. Plus he falls like a tree.

iMax

It's calming down, I'm just frustrated the rhetoric has been boiled down yet again to who shouts the loudest, even off the internet. It wasn't even this bad in 2010 and it doesn't help anyone and while posters like iMax, SmokeyDave and Cyclops have a minority position GAF wise, the way some people on our side engaged them is going to make their position more entrenched.

I've also hit the bottle, but that's just because it's Friday and considering that the fact that the usuals of my metal night out were depressed with the result and a few people were trying to engage me just for drinking a Scottish beer (and there's no shame in drinking BrewDogs beers no matter when!). So I'm drunk and on the internet without a wrestling PPV for once.

However, posting while popping your cherry in here requires a fave five wrasslers!

At least I won't get judged here in good ol' wrasslegaf.

Daniel Bryan is overrated

It's 2015 and no one has been able,to match PRIDE in terms of presentation. (and fight cards)

https://youtu.be/83xRYTKxBm0

Ashley Letterman shootin' up the saloon in the comments

While I'm sure there's a certain amount of nostalgia that's going to be at work among everyone who's youtubing 'pride opening,' how was this not better than the UFC? I'm not talking in terms of fighters (that is a debate that can never be solved), but in terms of presentation. Pride went all in for the pageantry, they treated their fighters like heroes, they encouraged fighters to have personality and be unique (look at all the different costumes and props they use in just the opening), they encouraged fighting for finishes, they didn't oversaturate their programming to the point that you had 50 cards a year with MAYBE one fight you cared about per card. Some people claim the UFC is better because it's 'no nonsense,' and then in the next breath, turn around and complain about how boring it is. I'm sorry, your fighters have a bland tunnel, no pyro, little customization (whatever they can fit into the tunnel, and down the aisle without touching the fans...and Dana will still bitch), basically act like a walking billboard, the judges scoring their fights are frequently complete idiots, low pay (for most), no incentive to try to finish fights if they aren't crazy behind on the scorecards, and their boss talks trash about them constantly. I get that the rules from the commission aren't really their choice, but everything about the entire environment seems designed to strip fighters of everything that makes them unique. In 10 years, I feel like you'll be lucky if MMA in the UFC is anything but a question of which faceless ex-NCAA runner-up has managed to pick up striking the best.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I appreciated in WCW, with a few exceptions in the later years, was that mother fuckers just came out. No, we aren't waiting on your music to hit the breakdown. No, we aren't playing some ridiculous stupid taiko drums. If Arn Anderson doesn't need fanfare to come out, you don't need fanfare. Here's some music now go or we'll have Mr. Wonderful whoop your ass for bitching.

The superstation ain't got time for that shit unless it's Hogan.

Everyone seems convinced Nak's going to get the title back, but that'd definitely be a step in the wrong direction and I don't necessarily see it happening - I see people saying there's no way Shinsuke will lose twice to Goto before the G1, but that's the beauty of the tournament. It's a real shake up and it doesn't matter if a guy's had a bad first half to the year, been out with injury or has just plain sucked for months on end, the G1 can turn all that around and there's no reason to my mind why Shinsuke can't win the thing without first reclaiming the IC belt.

Of course, it's entirely possible they put the belt right back on Nakamura, but I'm gonna say Goto defends the title and then picks up a challenger or two during the G1.

This, especially considering that Nakamura is my pick (and probably the hands down pick) to win the G1. He's the most over guy in NJPW right now and him in the main event of WKX against Okada or AJ would be a huge main event (hopefully not Tanahashi again).

I like the Dominion card. I'm a little surprised that we're getting an IC title and World Title match on the same card but I guess NJPW wants this to be a major Wrestle Kingdom-level event. I'm also surprised we're not getting Ibushi vs. Naito, they seem to be building to that (and a Naito heel turn) but I guess they'll be thrown into a random undercard tag.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I appreciated in WCW, with a few exceptions in the later years, was that mother fuckers just came out. No, we aren't waiting on your music to hit the breakdown. No, we aren't playing some ridiculous stupid taiko drums. If Arn Anderson doesn't need fanfare to come out, you don't need fanfare. Here's some music now go or we'll have Mr. Wonderful whoop your ass for bitching.

The superstation ain't got time for that shit unless it's Hogan.

The only WWE guy who uses a delay right seems to be Rollins. Not counting Balor because his music isn't final.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised Tough Enough doesn't require you to have 3 or 4 IWGP Heavyweight title reigns before you apply. #MakingNewStars

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thinking of getting the Transformers Cybertron games. They seem fun.

They're fucking rad

Their only real faults are that you don't get a ton of ammo and the levels can look a little same-y(because you're on Cybertron). But the vehicle switching plus the massive levels make them super unique to play. And I don't even like Transformers.

Alucard

Banned
Naomi and Tamina are pretty good together. Tamina's super kick looks legit.
Because it probably is and she's actually hurting people?

KissVibes

Banned
Naomi and Tamina are pretty good together. Tamina's super kick looks legit.
Because it probably is and she's actually hurting people?

Nikki looked like she died on RAW taking that Superkick. So yeah, I wonder if she is actually kicking the piss outta people.

Carnby

What's this talk about a Shield reunion? I doubt that something that amazing would happen at Payback, of all ppvs.

Alucard

Banned
So, I like the New Japan team of Tama Tonga and Bad Luck Fale. Both pretty big guys and a good contrast between serious and slightly more out there with Tonga.

Alucard

Banned
Nikki looked like she died on RAW taking that Superkick. So yeah, I wonder if she is actually kicking the piss outta people.

She destroyed Emma on Smackdown too. Either she's really damn good at making it seem like she's drilling people with that kick, or she's actually drilling people with it.

Top Bottom