• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

Not necessarily. King of the Ring was given a little spotlight on Raw but then took over Main Events slot to finish. They could opt for a more Network approach.

Even the first round matches would require more time than they're willing to give the divas in one week.

dream

Heel, ESPN E:60 just exposes how utterly miserable the WWE is at storytelling. In one 60 minute episode, they made me care about Corey Graves, Xavier Woods, and even Adam Rose. Think about that. They made me care about Adam Rose. WWE likes to talk about how they're in "the reality era," but the reality of that is they still create idiotic characters and put them in storylines that not even children nor adults of low intelligence enjoy. Just a terrible, terrible company that doesn't see that the greatest asset available to them is that their wrestlers have real stories that people can connect to. But what can you expect from a company run by a man who is both figuratively and literally blind?

dream

I mean, fuck, ESPN even made Hugh Morris come off like a million bucks. That's pure storytelling ability.

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean, fuck, ESPN even made Hugh Morris come off like a million bucks. That's pure storytelling ability.

ZealousPleasingBettong.gif

Browny

Banned
So...Zayn and Itami are out for multiple months? Is this real life?

One word:

BULL

(That word can also be used to describe the competency of many of my co-workers, who wouldn't know a decent file if it curbstomped them. Goddamnit. At least I'm working from home for the first time in a long time. Off to cut the lawn.)

Alucard

Banned
Is Zayn really out? Who the hell is Owens going to face at takeover?

Nothing official yet. From pwtorch:

WWE NEWS: Sami Zayn talks injury during Raw TV debut
May 7, 2015 - 2:15:23 PM

NXT star Sami Zayn talked vaguely about the severity of his shoulder injury suffered Monday during his debut on WWE TV.

Asked on WWE's website about his mindset in the face of injury, Zayn replied, "I’m an easy-going, take-things-as-they-come kind of guy, not just in the ring, but in life. Experiences like this make you realize that a lack of certainty can be very unnerving. Not knowing what the future has in store for you can be unsettling, especially when you’re riding that momentum.

"In the blink of an eye, things change. That’s the nature of the industry we work in. It can be frustrating, but you have to keep your chin up and not get too down on yourself and believe that in some way that it’s all for the best.

"A lot of fans have been really supportive and have commended me. In a weird way, it could be the worst thing that ever happened to me or the best thing that ever happened to me.

"One way or another, it will all work out. You keep going forward and you get ahead. I’m not going to let this destroy me, so you take it as it comes. You deal with it, see what you can do, do your best and it will all be Okay. I’ll keep driving forward."

WWE has not released an official health update on Zayn, who is scheduled to challenge Kevin Owens for the NXT Title on the next "Takeover" special in two weeks on May 20.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think I got enough people getting knocked the fuck out from GLORY 20, so I hope there's more brutality this week.

Yeah, 20 was a bit disappointing on the brutality. The Heavyweights should remedy that this time around, I hope.

Or ya' know, maybe Bill DeMott isn't a horrible person because what a couple of wash outs said?

Tell you what. You fly me to where you are, let me rub my naked ass all over your face, kick you in the groin because you have an accent, and suckerpunch you in the face, and you tell me if I'm a horrible person.

People will defend any old shit.

Hasney

Tell you what. You fly me to where you are, let me rub my naked ass all over your face, kick you in the groin because you have an accent, and suckerpunch you in the face, and you tell me if I'm a horrible person.

People will defend any old shit.

Sounds like a good 1st date

Has this been posted yet?

AAA announced some major, breaking details today for their upcoming Lucha Libre World Cup event on May 25th that should interest not only long-time fans of Lucha Libre, but any

The one day trios tournament will not only feature comentary from Matt Striker and Vampiro – the voices of Lucha Underground – put major promotions from all around the world will be sending teams to compete. This includes host promotion AAA and other Mexican stars, TNA, Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, All Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH and more.

The show will be presented on PPV in Mexico, and on English IPPV in the United States.

Here are the confirmed teams:

Dream Team: Alberto El Patron, Rey Mysterio & Myzteziz (Sin Cara)
Team Mexico: El Hijo Del Fantasma, El Texano Jr. & Psycho Clown
Team MexLeyendas: Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. & El Solar
Team “Rest of the World”: Drew Galloway, Angelico & Judas Mesias
Team TNA/Lucha Underground: Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson & Johnny Mundo
Team ROH/Lucha Underground: Moose, ACH & Brian Cage
Team NOAH: Taiji Ishimori, Yoshihiro Takayama & Atsushi Kotoge
Team AJPW: Kenzo Suzuki, Tiger Mask III & Masamune

We are still awaiting word on exact price and IPPV details, but it’s likely Wrestlezone will be providing live coverage for this unique and extraordinary event on May 25th. Stay tuned for more information.

English iPPV. Yes plz.

Top Bottom