• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Splatoon is dope. Didn't know for sure if I wanted it, one minute after midnight hit I was jonsing for more. Going to get up at 7 to play some more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After finishing the Attitude era Raws they bothered to put up on the Network, holy shit X-Pac is over, even with his horribly offensive portrayals of Mark Henry and Ken Shamrock.

He should have had a better friend outside of a the main Kliq than Justin Credible and had a better say in the theme. He might have gotten back over.

Him fucking over Kane put him into permanent Heel territory. It was bananas considering how well loved he was before then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Getting through to the end of the Expanded Edition of The Death of WCW and I wanna post a question - who's your favorite late-90s era WCW booker, from the following:

a) Kevin "Above The Mortal Marks" Nash
b) Eric Bischoff
c) Vince Russo

This book just gets so, so, sooooooo depressing towards the end.

d) Random Kevin Sullivan lead booking team that they used during the transitions that were actually worse than Russo and Nash combined.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't care what anyone says.
After every wrestler except Hall, Page, and The Giant had been eliminated, WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hollywood Hogan revealed himself to be the sixtieth entry in the battle royal; he did this to win the match for himself so no one would get the title shot.
This shit was amazing. I love WW3 97

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
ceipootusaayjzf8dohy.jpg

"They were all weirdos man, you should have seen it."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WW3 is trash as a match...but the first two do have fun endings.

I mean, royal rumbles have never been good as matches. They're always about the endings and the participants. And the ending of WW3 97 was great and felt like it got everyone over in the final 4 and got Sting over without even keeping him in the match. Too bad where it all went. Hogan being Hogan makes him an amazing kayfabe heel champion, but Hogan being Hogan also makes him an awful guy for putting storyline focus elsewhere.
VhTEa8r.gif

bAEkI1L.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also realized after posting it that was the third WW3. So only the last one is truly awful.

The matches are worse than RR's because surprises and the order matters. You can get more storylines over with that shit. Start new feuds, have heels get favorable/unfavorable match slots, elimination angels, all sorts of good. WW3 was just...boring until the last minute.

JavyOO7

Splatoon is the shit. Demo was great. Hour is too short but was fun while it lasted. Gonna go to sleep and hopefully the alarm awakes me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hogan Cutter outta nowhere!

Also my King of Trios team: Brother Devon, Jack Swagger, Dude Love. Team BrotherJackDude.

Ironically they'll fight the team of Hulk, Dizzy, and Horace Hogan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They never start new feuds though. It's always one-offs that lead to like a squash match on Raw. Everything else is either a non-feud or a feud that already existed that they use to quickly eliminate both combatants from the ring.

At least WW3 looked awesome.

I don't know if I can sit through all these 80s Starcades. Network is running Steamboat/Austin right now tho

KissVibes

Banned
Yo, is that Neville's new gimmick?

Him fucking over Kane put him into permanent Heel territory. It was bananas considering how well loved he was before then.

Imagine an alt reality where X-pac eventually gets so over they put the world title on him.

As a pat on the back for members of this community for a better WrassleGAF since it will probably be lost in the appropriate thread, I just want to say that I've enjoyed talking with Mr. Luchador about UK politics today as I feel we have very similar views but he's resisted going to the extreme some on our side have despite being very disappointed and although iMax is on the opposite end of the spectrum of us two AND has the handicap of a John Cena avatar
/s
, I feel he put his viewpoint across well, even when responding to the extreme left which ended up grating on him, hence the spitting gifs.

It may not have been the result I wanted and a lot of contributions in that thread were best ignored, but I had fun talking with you guys at least.

The UK Politics Thread has been one of the best threads on GAF for a while (until the results came in). There were so many helpful people that were ready to provide links and information so you could make your own mind up. The discussions were pretty interesting too, bouncing ideas and policies off each other and what it could mean. However what happened after the result came in was really embarrassing, and really it sort of shows (sadly) how viscous people can be on the internet when they don't get what they want.
Part of me thinks if Labour had won none of the CONs would have reacted like it was the end of the world and personally attacked other posters for not sharing the same beliefs as them.

How is it in the thread now? I was in for half an hour or so earlier but it was too intense. I decided I was best served hitting the bottle and popping my Wrasslegaf cherry.

While on the subject, I'm gutted about the political leanings of our nation - we should know better than this by now.

Ghost! :D Welcome along my Rocksmith Brother!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the most baffling thing about Sting is when he was Crow Sting he always had that vest in all the promo material, but he NEVER wrestled in it.
stingmed.jpg

This is also the only good Crow Sting look. This was the closest he ever got.
images

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think the most baffling thing about Sting is when he was Crow Sting he always had that vest in all the promo material, but he NEVER wrestled in it.
stingmed.jpg

That's because he never wrestled much as Crow Stang. Hell Fake Stang wrestled more during that era. Then when he returns to Black and White after leaving the Wolfpac he's basically surfer sting only black and white until the Vampiro feud.

Hell, didn't Sting not have an in-ring match between War Games '96 and Starrcade '97? I don't think any company would have the balls to do that kind of shit nowadays.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting's one of those guys that I really liked as a kid and then when I grew up it was kind of like, 'Eh, I don't know about this Sting guy.'

Unlike Scott Hall who I have liked all the way back when he was Razor when I didn't watch WWF and probably appreciate even more as an adult.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Some NXT, first time in a while I can remember someone getting beat down backstage. Good work Dub Bros. Is Dash Wilder and that other dude just going to be The Bears or what?.

Becky Lynch is a cool chick. Sasha Bae'ks is the shit though. Liked how the refs where more concerned with the tables condition when it was tipped over than the two going at it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell, didn't Sting not have an in-ring match between War Games '96 and Starrcade '97? I don't think any company would have the balls to do that kind of shit nowadays.

Starrcade 1997 is the biggest wasted moment in the history of Wrestling. You've got Sting, who has laid out the NWO at pretty much every turn and the only man who Hogan ever feared level hype. You have Bret Hart, coming off of literally the biggest moment in wrestling, with the perfect set up for him to right the wrongs that were suffered by him. You have a perfect set up for breaking up the NWO into the Wolfpac if you still want to do that. You have two world class level potential feuds in Bret versus Stang and Bret versus Hogan. and then...Hogan wins via a not fast at all fast count, making Bret look like a fool after making Stang look like a fool in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1997 was the last year WCW felt cool. I still loved it and watched it every week, but it felt like it started turning back into 'just wrestling' in 98.

WWF was never cool.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Hall looks like someone you'd give the title to. He's the total package, the real one. He's charismatc as all hell, he's one of the better wrestlers of the time period especially for his size, he's huge and in good shape, he's good looking, he's cool, he's got great moves and is over everywhere he goes.

Him squashing Lenny and Lodi by himself was way more entertaining than any other squash I've seen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's easily the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. Not even limited to wrestlers. No wonder that sexual predator Goldust couldn't get enough of him.

They were originally going to do the blowoff at Great American Bash '97, but it was so big they stretched it out 'til Starrcade. Of course, the only reason they had Sting go out originally is he had used up all his dates by Fall Brawl '96, so WCW stupidity worked for them, once...almost.

The UK Politics Thread has been one of the best threads on GAF for a while (until the results came in). There were so many helpful people that were ready to provide links and information so you could make your own mind up. The discussions were pretty interesting too, bouncing ideas and policies off each other and what it could mean. However what happened after the result came in was really embarrassing, and really it sort of shows (sadly) how viscous people can be on the internet when they don't get what they want.
Part of me thinks if Labour had won none of the CONs would have reacted like it was the end of the world and personally attacked other posters for not sharing the same beliefs as them.

Ghost! :D Welcome along my Rocksmith Brother!

Lucha, my fave fret-fondling masked man! Good to see you! I thought turning to WrassleGaf was appropriate after our nation's voters went full BWO on Thursday.

Lucha, my fave fret-fondling masked man! Good to see you! I thought turning to WrassleGaf was appropriate after our nation's voters went full BWO on Thursday.

haha I now need to see a badly photoshopped BWO with Tory faces, with a LibDem JOB Squad. No idea what faction Labour would be, probably a punch of Kanes.

RP912

Banned
It's nuts that Scott Hall never had the WCW world title. Never even came close really.

It really was a shame because dude was over as hell during that period. I think the fans were legit pissed at the fact that Hall kept getting the snubbed because of fucking Hogan.

I say it before and I'll say it again. FUCK HOGAN.

Dude been a walking ID4 mothership to professional wrestling since 94.

Striker

It really was a shame because dude was over as hell during that period. I think the fans were legit pissed at the fact that Hall kept getting the snubbed because of fucking Hogan.

I say it before and I'll say it again. FUCK HOGAN.

Dude been a walking ID4 mothership to professional wrestling since 94.
Even before that.

4OyTwnk.jpg

Top Bottom