• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Marvel

could never
U4p13Xo.gif

Aksana, A++ player.

I'm still salty.

RP912

Banned
NWA Wrestling
17 hrs ·
NWA President Bruce Tharpe has just been rushed to the hospital. He was seen spitting up blood, after a spear by Jax he may have internal bleeding. Please keep an eye right here for the latest news.
Like · Comment · Share · 14

Damn that's not good at all :(. Hope Bruce is alright.

Hi folks.

I have to get up very early tomorrow morning for a work-related flight and I need some easy entertainment to accompany my early night.

I was driven away from the Dubya Dubya E in 2004 by the rise Cena/Orton and endless push of Triple H. I didn't return until Rumble '13, so with that in mind could you recommend me a PPV from that period, preferably an underrated gem that isn't one of the big four shows?

Aiii

So not worth it
Hi folks.

I have to get up very early tomorrow morning for a work-related flight and I need some easy entertainment to accompany my early night.

I was driven away from the Dubya Dubya E in 2004 by the rise Cena/Orton and endless push of Triple H. I didn't return until Rumble '13, so with that in mind could you recommend me a PPV from that period, preferably an underrated gem that isn't one of the big four shows?

One Night Stand 2006.

somedevil

Is Zayn definitely out?

Unknown but the match was still advertised at the house show. So there is a good chance of him doing the match then going away to get surgery or recover.

Hideo Itami though is not going to be doing the match. Sucks for him because he was next in line to face Owens.

Unknown but the match was still advertised at the house show. So there is a good chance of him doing the match then going away to get surgery or recover.

Hideo Itami though is not going to be doing the match. Sucks for him because he was next in line to face Owens.

That is a shame, Itami's run has been pretty unremarkable so far imo and a run with Owens could have been fun.

Verendus

Banned
Hi folks.

Vengeance 2005.

JTG's book is the first wrestling book that I have ever paid for, and I couldn't be happier.

Actually no, Jericho's first book was the first that I purchased. But JTG's book is still great!

Xater

I need my wrestling buds.

Today the relationship with my girlfriend of 3,5 years has ended. I am angry and frustrated.

I guess now I have more time to watch wrestling, which kinda makes things even worse when I think about it.

Fuck life. Well not really but you know what I mean.

Today the relationship with my girlfriend of 3,5 years has ended. I am angry and frustrated.

I guess now I have more time to watch wrestling, which kinda makes things even worse when I think about it.

Sorry man. Let's not go crazy here though.

Kaladin

Watch the Jerry Springer Love Hurts debut on the Network and be thankful you're not Al Wilson.

Sorry to hear, friend. We're here for you.

Alucard

Banned

That's never easy, but better that it ends than continues with only one of the people invested.

What GAF relationship pros say is true...cut all ties, as it's easier in the end. Don't text, don't call, don't email, don't FB spy...it's easy to say, but harder to do.

Good luck to you, Xater. 3.5 years is a long time, but look at it as a learning experience and as a new starting point.

Vengeance 2005 - JR just called the HiaC "Satan's spa of suffering and pain". After the cringe, I remembered my favourite dumb JR quote: "The Undertaker has a Phd in streetfighting".

What are your favourite bad JR quotes, Wrasslegaf?

Other notes - Batista looks so different i'm surprised he never had the Ultimate Warrior style 'replaced by someone else' rumours. Brrrr appledough was a walking merch stand even then. And Christy Hemme was very pleasing to the eye but not the ears. Too much squawking. Kane... in 2005!

Vince McMahon was stunned for his second time by Steve Austin)
"If Vince keeps going down, we're gonna have to call this Titanic Sports."

"I wish I had a dollar for every concussion he's had, I could buy that Oklahoma farm I've been working at."

Jerry Lawler: "Maybe he can beat some sense into Al Snow."
Jim Ross: "We don't have enough time."

"I'm proud of my Mickey Mouse memorabilia collection, but I didn't bring it out here."

That's never easy, but better that it ends than continues with only one of the people invested.

What GAF relationship pros say is true...cut all ties, as it's easier in the end. Don't text, don't call, don't email, don't FB spy...it's easy to say, but harder to do.

Good luck to you, Xater. 3.5 years is a long time, but look at it as a learning experience and as a new starting point.

Sorry Xater. Alucard's advice is great. I'd also add, go easy on the bottle as that increases the likelihood of doing the wrong things listed above by 392% (it's a scientifically proven fact).

Try and give yourself a decent break - if you're in a position to, take some time out and go away on a holiday or visit some long distance friends.

Xater

Already been cutting ties. I immediately collected all the stuff from her I had here. All of that is going out tomorrow. Her plushies I already gave to the kids that live below me. I know that's probably for the best. Still have her as a Facebook friend but only until I know the shit I am sending her arrives. No interest in meeting again.

She went to a different city first because that's where she got a job in case you are wondering why sending things over is a thing I am doing. Two days after being there all communication stops and just today I got the message that she met someone and doesn't know if she wants to be with me anymore. I immediately bailed out because that probably had no future. So from happy go lucky everything alright to today in just 6 days is quite the trip...

And yeah this has been my longest relationship ever so far with plans of marriage. So extra sucky. I thought I had a big part of my life figured out and now that's gone. Also just thinking about the prospect of dating again in the future gives me anxiety.

Cheers Verendus. Network's going on now.

World Tag Team Championship
The Heart Throbs (Romeo & Antonio) vs. Rosey & The Hurricane (w/ Super Stacy) (c)

Intercontinental Championship
Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito (c)

Victoria vs. Christy Hemme

Edge (w/ Lita) vs. Kane

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match
Christian vs. Chris Jericho vs. John Cena (c)

World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Triple H vs. Batista (c)

Top Bottom