• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shiek had a promo before the match that I feel like would have made me sympathetic to him if I could understand him entirely. He said something about America hating him just because he beat Bob Backlund even though he was an accomplished Olympian.

And Mean Gene cut off the champion to go back to the ring and Blassie let him have it for that. Something like 'WHYD YOU EVEN ASK FOR AN INTERVIEW IF YOURE GOING TO CUT HIM OFF! HES THE CHAMPION!'

Lum1n3s

I am fucking dying over here! Coked-up Hogan at his finest!

gTbnaou.gif

Coke Hogan:
"DRUGS!? DRUGS ARE LIKE AN ELEPHANT PENIS AND A TIDAL WAVE
HAVING A BIRTHDAY PARTY IN SPACE, MEAN GENE!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How was CZW tonight? So far it looks like "kinda fuckin dumb" which sounds good.

I'd just like to point out this World War 3 97 undercard

Faces of Fear vs Glacier & Ernest Miller
Saturn vs Disco
Ultimo Dragon vs Yuji Nagata
The Steiners vs The Bluebloods(William Regal and Dave Taylor)
Scotty Riggs vs Raven
Mongo vs Alex Wright
Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio
Curt Henning vs Ric Flair

Meanwhile up north you have Survivor Series 97. Forget the screwjob for a second and just look how awful the card there is.

Possibly one of the best cards I've ever seen, excepting Mongo and Riggs up in there.

Nintendo has created the first preorder DLC incentive that is only usable in the demo....

1244034122782983311.png

lmao wow. they know their stupid-ass audience.

Gurrry

Just watched the Roman Reigns 24 Never Alone doc. Damn man.. the feels.

I rooted like hell against Reigns at WM31.. but shit.. Im not sure ill be rooting against the guy anymore. Dude def deserves more than what hes getting now. Hopefully things turn around for him and he gets another shot at it.

I mean, really, is it really gonna kill someone if Reigns gets the championship for a little while? Hell, were talking about a title that the fucking Miz had at one point. I think it would be ok for Reigns to get it too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Flair did a top rope dive to the outside. I mean it was an axe handle but still. Flair did a top rope dive to the outside.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has there been a nxt special lately that I missed?

last one I saw was the one where Zayn got murdered and the ladies stole the show (as usual)

How was CZW tonight? So far it looks like "kinda fuckin dumb" which sounds good.

It was ENTIRELY fuckin dumb. Bean was right, dammit. I should have listened. Watch Everett vs Trevor Lee, fuck the rest. Deathmatch was fine, I guess. The show had five screwy finishes and a number of run-ins, terribad booking from the Deej.

Whatever happened to Eric Gargiulo and John House? I used to love dirty indie shit like CZW back in 2001-2004 or so. Used to import the tapes to the UK from tape traders, StrongStyleTapes, David Pick...memories.

Oh and 'sup WrassleGAF. Been following these threads for years.

Jamie OD

has there been a nxt special lately that I missed?

last one I saw was the one where Zayn got murdered and the ladies stole the show (as usual)

No, that one is the most recent. Next special is on 20th May with Owens Vs Sami, Banks Vs Becky, Balor Vs Breeze Vs Itami, Blake/Murphy Vs Enzo/Cass and Rhyno Vs Corbin all scheduled. This week's NXT was very good for building up those matches. Problem is there's a few injuries that might change some things. Sami and Itami are both out of action so that messes up the angles involving the NXT title. Don't know what's Plan B but I heard a great suggestion from Meltzer to do Owens Vs Balor Vs Breeze for the belt as the replacement main event. But they might do Balor Vs Breeze with the winner fighting Owens in the main event instead.

Zach

Whatever happened to Eric Gargiulo and John House? I used to love dirty indie shit like CZW back in 2001-2004 or so. Used to import the tapes to the UK from tape traders, StrongStyleTapes, David Pick...memories.

Oh and 'sup WrassleGAF. Been following these threads for years.
Hey, guy. I think you're supposed to post your fave five.

I knew this day would come. This will be late 1990s/early 2000s heavy as that's the era I'm most nostalgic for. Hmmm...

Kurt Angle
Shawn Michaels
Eddie Guerrero
Brock Lesnar
Mick Foley

Verendus

Banned
I knew this day would come. This will be late 1990s/early 2000s heavy as that's the era I'm most nostalgic for. Hmmm...

Kurt Angle
Shawn Michaels
Eddie Guerrero
Brock Lesnar
Mick Foley
That's right. Eduardo, the man.

You're a good guy Dangerblade, that's why I'll kill you last.

Alucard

Banned
It was ENTIRELY fuckin dumb. Bean was right, dammit. I should have listened. Watch Everett vs Trevor Lee, fuck the rest. Deathmatch was fine, I guess. The show had five screwy finishes and a number of run-ins, terribad booking from the Deej.

Looked like shit from the pics, gifs, and lineup going in, Boots. All the signs were there!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll dig up Trevor Lee. Sounds just...unnecessary. I mean, half of what CZW does is unnecessary by definition and that's part of the appeal, but that just sounds like trash.

Dumb CZW shit always gets me wondering how those guys handle medical bills.

That carny ass promotion obviously wont cover them and a lot of those guys are wrestling for peanuts. I hope no one ever gets seriously hurt.

Top Bottom