• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

RBH

Gabe Sapolsky comments on ROH's iPPV issues:

When the ownership and management of a company doesn't care or have enough respect for its employees and more importantly paying customers to spend enough money to have adequate equipment they can fuck off. When a company decides to go on the cheap and take a risk that something like a website will work instead of doing everything in their power to guarantee it will work they can fuck off. If the ownership and management doesn't care or respect it's fans enough to do this they don't deserve your support.

Bowser

Pipe bomb.

Pipe-Bomb-cm-punk-29763174-500-225.gif

RBH said:
Gabe Sapolsky comments on ROH's iPPV issues:

He's right and all, but has also magically forgotten all the teething problems with WWNLive.com - I remember watching half an iPPV with no sound, another with the sound a good 30 seconds ahead of the video for the whole show, and others where the stream froze and multiple matches were missed. It took them a good few shows to work out their problems, and a good few more to figure out something as simple as mastering the sound levels right. But Gabe has never been one to miss an opportunity take advantage of his former promotions misfortunes.

As for ROH, while the power outage problems with Showdown in the Sun Day 2 were seemingly out of their control, Day 1 was a mess simply because they hadn't checked to see if the building had sufficient bandwidth to stream the iPPV, and the same sort of situation has happened again with Border Wars. It's really remarkable that they didn't run any sort of stress tests before hand, or that ROH's overall production and quality has taken a nosedive since being brought by a broadcasting company.

UberTag

I'm trying to think about which Over the Limit feud has had an actual build up and I'm drawing blanks.
Cena vs. Mr. Excitement has been built up... that's about it, though.

The only nationally-televised wrestling promotion that ISN'T a complete disgrace right now is TNA. How sad is that?

Fast forwarding through Raw whilst reading the despair from Wrasslegaf is part of my Tuesday morning ritual, as bad as Raw gets I can stomach it like this.

Ah, I can't believe I'm considering putting in the extra money to see an PPV ROH event or any other "good" fake sports event in the nearby future.

Ah, I can't believe I'm considering putting in the extra money to see an PPV ROH event or any other "good" fake sports event in the nearby future.

May I suggest CHIKARA?

Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur - June 2nd

izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

The Inevitable Confrontation!
iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

Ladder Match!
LOAsQ.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

Should be an amazing show, if their 1st iPPV was any indication - High Noon was one of the best shows of last year.

May I suggest CHIKARA?

Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur - June 2nd

http://i.minus.com/izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

The Inevitable Confrontation!
http://i.minus.com/iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
http://i.minus.com/ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

Ladder Match!
http://i.imgur.com/LOAsQ.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
http://i.minus.com/ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
http://i.minus.com/iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

Should be an amazing show, if their 1st iPPV was any indication - High Noon was one of the best shows of last year.
Ah, and such a low price too.

Since were talking Chikarasaurus Rex who do you guys think Kingston will be defending the Grand Championship against? I thought it would be Del Ray but now that she has a match I'm leaning towards Mixed Martial Archie.

Wondering why the TNA ppv was good last night? It's being reported that Dixie, Hogan, and Bischoff were all absent last night and didn't go to the show.

Heel

None of you are to watch Raw tonight. There is a superior form of Schadenfreude scheduled.

You're all coming to G-Fex's virtual internet wrestling federation stream to see my painstakingly created Mixed Martial Artist beat each and every one of you marks into submission, one by one.

The only "predetermined outcome" on this night will be the ill fate of anyone who dares step to the great Fedor inside of that virtual squared circle. It's time someone brings legitimacy to Sports Entertainment, and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it.

The great Fedor is right at home in the ring. If this "sport" is "real" you should have no problem with him using low blowings, headbuttings, eye gougings and kicks to a grounded opponent.

In fact, I'm so sure of my victory that I'm raising the stakes. If the great Fedor loses to this jabroni Net Wrecker, I WILL LEAVE THE WRASSLE-GAF FOREVER.

One night only.

ibdzsWcBInFua8.gif

Tendo

May I suggest CHIKARA?

I know I'll be watching! After going to that Evolve show I'm far more interested in independent wrestling than the WWE. Not sure how I feel about the current ROH lineups but this looks awesome!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
None of you are to watch Raw tonight. There is a superior form of Schadenfreude scheduled.

You're all coming to G-Fex's virtual internet wrestling federation stream to see my painstakingly created Mixed Martial Artist beat each and every one of you marks into submission, one by one.

The only "predetermined outcome" on this night will be the ill fate of anyone who dares step to the great Fedor inside of that virtual squared circle. It's time someone brings legitimacy to Sports Entertainment, and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it.

The great Fedor is right at home in the ring. If this "sport" is "real" you should have no problem with him using low blowings, headbuttings, eye gougings and kicks to a grounded opponent.

In fact, I'm so sure of my victory that I'm raising the stakes. If the great Fedor loses to this jabroni Net Wrecker, I WILL LEAVE THE WRASSLE-GAF FOREVER.

One night only.

ibdzsWcBInFua8.gif
G-Fex's show is after RAW.

UberTag

I know, I was actually saying that as a favor. None of you are to watch Raw tonight. You're welcome.
I wasn't planning on watching RAW anyway. I'll be asleep so I can wake up for Diablo III gaming goodness at 3:00am.
WrassleGAF should designate one person to suffer through RAW and brief the thread on any pertinent details.

Kaladin

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the punk band ANTiSEEN, but they're about to release an album of wrestling themed songs.

Picture+21.png

Falls Count Anywhere will be coming out on July 10th worldwide and most of all through Rusty Knuckles Music. Be prepared for the best ring music to ever take over the squared circle.

1.EXPLODING BARBED WIRE DEATH MATCH - A tribute to the over the top hard core style of Japanese Wrestling.

2. INVADER ONE MUST DIE - a cover of a tune from long time pals COCKNOOSE about Jose Gonzalez who murdered wrestling great BRUISER BRODY in Puerto Rico.

3. The MYSTERIOUS GREEN MIST - a tribute to the Great Kabuki & The Great Muta and their secret weapon of choice!!!!

4. FROM PARTS UNKNOWN - a tribute to the masked men of Professional Wrestling.

5. SABU - a tribute to the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal, human highlight reel!

6. FUNK U - a tribute to the hardcore icon, the living legend, TERRY FUNK!

7. DEAR ABBY - a tribute to the Madamn from the Sudan, ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER!

8. CACTUS JACK - a tribute to the man who's name is synonymous with
HARDCORE...before the socks and tie dye shirts...MICK FOLEY

9.BABY FACE KILLER - a tribute to ALL wrestling HEELS!!!!

10.* BADSTREET USA - Not a tribute to Atlanta, GA but to it's favorite sons THE FABULOUS FREEBIRDS with a cover of the song made famous by the leader of the greatest triple tag team in Wrestling history!!!!

and they're promoting the release of the album with a rock concert/wrestling show in Charlotte, NC.

Necro Butcher!!!!!

http://rustyknuckles.blogspot.com/2012/05/antiseen-falls-count-anywhere.html

G-Fex

One night only.

ibdzsWcBInFua8.gif

Seeing as your avatar in the virtual ring pretty much beat the hell out of three people in simulated matches last night, I say your odds are very very good and in your favor.

Though I will say that Net Wrecker trained with the legendary Undertaker.

I'm also having a big Diablo III premiere party stream.

If you could change one thing about the WWE to your liking, what would it be?

If I had the power, I would try my best to revamp the mid-card. There are many underutilized talents that could benefit from more emphasis on the mid-card and the mid-card belts.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

One night only.

ibdzsWcBInFua8.gif

oh. my. god. shit is getting super cerial

Kaladin

If I had the power, I would try my best to revamp the mid-card. There are many underutilized talents that could benefit from more emphasis on the mid-card and the mid-card belts.

I would scrap the "booking team" and the writers and have one guy be in charge of each major show. ONE GUY. His name wouldn't be McMahon.

G-Fex

I'd immediately build up Ryback vs. CM Punk with Ryback dominating a heel turning CM Punk and winning the championship, then getting the world heavyweight title from Sheamus

oh. my. god. shit is getting super cerial

he's got nothing to worry about

his character is apparently as difficult as one of the ninja turtles

As for ROH, while the power outage problems with Showdown in the Sun Day 2 were seemingly out of their control, Day 1 was a mess simply because they hadn't checked to see if the building had sufficient bandwidth to stream the iPPV, and the same sort of situation has happened again with Border Wars. It's really remarkable that they didn't run any sort of stress tests before hand, or that ROH's overall production and quality has taken a nosedive since being brought by a broadcasting company.

I'd have to challenge you on that.

It seems like the issue was with the actual ROH site and the logins. The logins weren't sticking and it would give an error.

I was one of the lucky ones who got in and got to it before Rhyno vs Edwards started. The iPPV broadcast was flawless. The player they used gave me some weird issues when i'd go fullscreen but that's about it. They had the bandwidth.

Later on, the entire site went down. Then everyone was mad.

Also, they could have said something early on via social media. They knew they couldn't fix it so stayed quiet (Bad move).

Top Bottom