• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

UberTag

Well at least Raw is supposed to have another Heyman appearance. So that's good.
Why would Heyman be back this week? Lesnar QUIT.

Heyman shouldn't return to represent Brock or deliver a statement on Brock's behalf until Triple H calls him out.

Having him respond within minutes/hours is just lame. They're not even booked for the PPV this weekend so overshadowing an event you want people to pay money for is nonsensical.

But then that probably wasn't the plan last week. The plan probably changed since then. Because VINCE SUCKS.

Khrno

If you could change one thing about the WWE to your liking, what would it be?

Get Cena out of the main events.

There's no way they're going to establish new big stars when Cena keeps hogging the spotlight without putting people over (people who aren't called Dwayne).

Aiii

So not worth it
Why would Heyman be back this week? Lesnar QUIT.

Heyman shouldn't return to represent Brock or deliver a statement on Brock's behalf until Triple H calls him out.

Having him respond within minutes/hours is just lame. They're not even booked for the PPV this weekend so overshadowing an event you want people to pay money for is nonsensical.

But then that probably wasn't the plan last week. The plan probably changed since then. Because VINCE SUCKS.

Guess who's also on Raw this week? Triple H. There you go.

sajj316

I think the point was that it wouldn't make sense for Heyman to be there minutes after Triple H calls Heyman/Brock out. It would seem too scripted (it's still real to me damnit).

UberTag

I know that. I'm saying it's lame to have Heyman on hand to respond to Triple H's comments TONIGHT.
He should respond next Monday or at the PPV at the absolute earliest.

Looks like CM Punk is already hinting at his next WWE title program opponent on Twitter after his pointless match with D.Brine this Sunday.
His hints point to a return of Batista

sajj316

I know that. I'm saying it's lame to have Heyman on hand to respond to Triple H's comments TONIGHT.

Looks like CM Punk is already hinting at his next WWE title program opponent on Twitter after his pointless match with D.Brine this Sunday.

.. or Punk feuds with Brotista after dropping the title to D Brine. Who knows.

Kyoufu

Get Cena out of the main events.

There's no way they're going to establish new big stars when Cena keeps hogging the spotlight without putting people over (people who aren't called Dwayne).

He put over Punk too, on multiple occasions.

UberTag

.. or Punk feuds with Brotista after dropping the title to D Brine. Who knows.
This would only fly if D.Brine moves on to a feud with Orton. No other face is over enough for a WWE title program.

He put over Punk too, on multiple occasions.
Never clean. Always with shenanigans like refs missing feet under ropes, refusing a Johnny interference assist, etc. And don't get me started on that farce of a WWE Title tourney that awarded Cena the belt two weeks after he lost it the first time. And then after the 2nd match he lost, Punk got clocked with Del Rio's briefcase and Cena was the guy upset about it and feuding with Del Rio right away while Punk got fed to Trips' ego.

somedevil

I don't see that on his twitter and also isn't he filiming the new
riddick
movie right now?

sajj316

This would only fly if D.Brine moves on to a feud with Orton. No other face is over enough for a WWE title program.

and that would mean a move to RAW for Orton/D.Brine unless they want both champions on Smackdown. If this brand split is truly over .. doesn't matter.

Fixed.

Hell, Cena's divorce proceedings would main event a PPV ahead of a WWE championship match.
Me giving an in-depth breakdown of my thought process when I fleeced you of Ben Rothelisberger with Buffalo's weak-armed Harvard QB would main-event ahead of a WWE championship.

Bowser

Never clean. Always with shenanigans like refs missing feet under ropes, refusing a Johnny interference assist, etc. And don't get me started on that farce of a WWE Title tourney that awarded Cena the belt two weeks after he lost it the first time. And then after the 2nd match he lost, Punk got clocked with Del Rio's briefcase and Cena was the guy upset about it and feuding with Del Rio right away while Punk got fed to Trips' ego.

That was such a

ibj1RrbuXaq1xb.gif

moment for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
His stomach gives me nightmares. Looking at his chest took two years straight off my life.

He's like a deflated rubber duck.

To be fair that pic was shortly after he left WWE and switched his training to cut all the bulk so he could do MMA. He's since gassed back up, but not to Final Batista levels "DUCT TAPE?!"

Striker

Fuck that. At Over The Limit...

Fatal Four Way Match:
Lord Tensai vs. Mason Ryan vs. Ryback vs. Batista
Replace Tensai with Zeke Jackson so you have four roiders who can't wrestle.

Each win was so hilariously dull. Either DQ, interference, or countout. The win at MitB was a fluke in retrospect, did nothing to help the story.

I remember Sheamus was getting the same type of wins over Cena. People were defending that for a while but of course it never lasted.

Cagey

Banned
To be fair that pic was shortly after he left WWE and switched his training to cut all the bulk so he could do MMA. He's since gassed back up, but not to Final Batista levels "DUCT TAPE?!"

His stomach gives me nightmares. Looking at his chest took two years straight off my life.

He's like a deflated rubber duck.

He got rid of the HGH gut he had going on, and got completely shredded. That's not looking awful... that's looking like you've got 4% bodyfat.

None of you are to watch Raw tonight. There is a superior form of Schadenfreude scheduled.

You're all coming to G-Fex's virtual internet wrestling federation stream to see my painstakingly created Mixed Martial Artist beat each and every one of you marks into submission, one by one.

The only "predetermined outcome" on this night will be the ill fate of anyone who dares step to the great Fedor inside of that virtual squared circle. It's time someone brings legitimacy to Sports Entertainment, and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it.

The great Fedor is right at home in the ring. If this "sport" is "real" you should have no problem with him using low blowings, headbuttings, eye gougings and kicks to a grounded opponent.

In fact, I'm so sure of my victory that I'm raising the stakes. If the great Fedor loses to this jabroni Net Wrecker, I WILL LEAVE THE WRASSLE-GAF FOREVER.

One night only.

ibdzsWcBInFua8.gif

I just want everyone to know that if by some miracle I lose, that I put absolutely nothing at stake and will just WWE Creative™ my way out of it (act like it never happened).

So uhhhhhhh, yeah BRING IT ON........or something.

UberTag said:
And don't get me started on that farce of a WWE Title tourney that awarded Cena the belt two weeks after he lost it the first time.

Worse than just that - he didn't even participate in the tourney, and then Mysterio won it in a very cool match against the Miz, and Cena got a shot THAT NIGHT to take it from him. The Rock is the only clean match I can remember Cena losing in the 3+ years since I've started watching WWE again.

As an aside, it's been said ad infinitum, but Cena should have fought Mysterio at Summerslam and pushed back Punk's return at least another month. It still bugs me.

Kccitystar

Worse than just that - he didn't even participate in the tourney, and then Mysterio won it in a very cool match against the Miz, and Cena got a shot THAT NIGHT to take it from him. The Rock is the only clean match I can remember Cena losing in the 3+ years since I've started watching WWE again.

As an aside, it's been said ad infinitum, but Cena should have fought Mysterio at Summerslam and pushed back Punk's return at least another month. It still bugs me.

Mysterio/Cena facing off at Summerslam only to have CM Punk return with the real linear WWE title when Cena won would have sold the PPV, and a unification match at Night of Champions would have been fantastic LOGICAL booking. Hell at Night of Champions, CM Punk retaining would have led to him blowing up that stupid WWE CHAMP belt and unveiled a new one/classic one on RAW the night after. Fuck, WWE should hire me.

Mysterio/Cena facing off at Summerslam only to have CM Punk return with the real linear WWE title when Cena won would have sold the PPV, and a unification match at Night of Champions would have been fantastic LOGICAL booking. Hell at Night of Champions, CM Punk retaining would have led to him blowing up that stupid WWE CHAMP belt and unveiled a new one/classic one on RAW the night after. Fuck, WWE should hire me.

You're being Logical. That's why WWE won't hire you.

Before the Rock, Summerslam 98 was the last clean loss by John Cena. Loss by submission you have to go back to 2004. So fucking ridiculous.

UberTag

You're being Logical. That's why WWE won't hire you.
No, the WWE WOULD hire him. His logical booking would simply be blown up by Vince during one of his panic attacks where he rewrites RAW 6 times based on a feeling that effectively unravels any long-term planning that had already been set in motion.

WWE actively seeks out writers that have no knowledge of wrestling. They prefer it.
Naturally. They know that anyone with any wrestling sense will have issue with Vince's meddling and won't just smile and nod with each illogical turn of events. Obviously, the talent won't do that because they're largely well paid but the writers are getting paid nothing to begin with.

RBH

--Paul Heyman is in Pittsburgh today for Raw, likely involved in the angle with HHH. HHH will be on the show tonight doing an interview to build up the Brock Lesnar match. David Otunga is also expected back for tonight's show. Announced locally are C.M. Punk vs. Chris Jericho in an anything goes match for the WWE title and John Cena & Randy Orton & Sheamus vs. Kane & Daniel Bryan & Lord Tensai. The former is probably the dark match.

--Jim Ross is not in Pittsburgh as was earlier reported here. His wife was in Pittsburgh yesterday for Mother's Day but he posted he's at home in Norman, OK.

--Ultimate Fighter did 948,000 viewers. Smackdown on Friday did 2.53 million viewers.

--Sting is in Orlando for today's TNA taping.

--TNA officially announced a non-Orlando TV taping on January 26, 2013 at Wembley Arena in London, a return to the site of probably the most impressive looking taping the company has ever done. Bobby Roode, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, A.J. Styles, Mr. Anderson, RVD, James Storm, Velvet Sky and Gail Kim are advertised. Notable that Hulk Hogan, Sting and Ric Flair, who would probably mean the most with the possible exception of Hardy, are not advertised.

--Other dates on the tour will be 1/21 in Dublin, 1/23 in Glasgow, 1/24 in Nottingham and 1/25 in Manchester. Tickets for all shows go on sale on 5/25 at 9 a.m.

--The WWE tapings on Thursday in Winter Park, FL at Full Sail University are sold out. Tickets were only available for students of the university and were free, with only 400-500 seats in the building so it was a given first time out they'd be gone quick.

--It was noted by a few last night how good the TNA show was and how Eric Bischoff, Dixie Carter and Hulk Hogan were not at the show and involved in the last minute details of it.

--Jim Cornette was not at the Border Wars show in Toronto as he refuses to go to Canada. So he was at home, trying, unsuccessfully, to watch the show. I'd have hated to be at his house that evening.

--Bobby Roode just reached the 200 day mark as TNA champion. He had mentioned in a promo that he was about to become the longest reigning champion in history. He won it on 10/26 in Macon, GA from James Storm. The record is 211 days held by A.J. Styles.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...n-common-this-weekend-diaz-roh-ippv-and-more-

Top Bottom