• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

UberTag

Anyone who puts down money for Over The Limit should be banned from GAF.
They don't need to be banned from GAF. Just WrassleGAF.
I'm so surprised...Impact spoilers this week seems so...wrestling focused.
Impact is by far the best wrestling show airing in North America right now. We should all support it.
Over the Limit is going to be the last WWE show I watch until who knows when. Fuck this company.
If you had balls, you'd stop watching now instead of at Sunday. John Cena thinks you're a loser.
And Brock won't be back until Summerslam unless they hot shot it next month. Fuck.
Bryan and Dave were talking this morning about the WWE brass getting into a panic and thinking about fast tracking Brock vs. Triple H for No Way Out in June.
Yes it was.
And now the NWA's first legit MMA match has now been youtube'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Viref_1IuKU
I suspect this is easily better than anything that aired on RAW tonight.
That whole Ryder/Eve/Kane/Cena storyline was honestly one of my favorite of the year. Im not joking, i loved it for some reason. It really felt like a soap opera except still wrestling, it was just great and funny. I'll never forget seeing the camera pan to Ryder in the wheelchair after Eve and Cena kissed and laughing so hard it hurt. The whole storyline was just so goofy and reminded me of the attitude era supernatural stuff.
It was a delightful storyline. I summarized it over in another thread just a couple days back...
In this clip, you can see the fabled hero to all kids everywhere - John Cena - attempt to save Eve from being kidnapped by the evil masked freak, Kane. He fails but she manages to escape from the ambulance on her own and leap into his arms anyway.

She makes out with him just in time for her wheelchair-bound boyfriend (and Cena's best friend) - Zack Ryder - to wheel up behind them in shock with roses he intended to give her for Valentine's Day (this was the day before on February 13th). Poor Zack's heart is broken.

IMG00079-20111225-1534.jpg

Eve would later admit to using both Zack & John only to get caught and verbally emasculated in the middle of the ring by Cena and labelled with the abusive slur "hoeski" which haunts her to this very day. Meanwhile, Zack would lose his friend and never win another match on television.

In an ironic twist, the evil masked freak Kane is actually a loving husband and grandfather who was actually trying to save Cena's dysfunctional marriage by encouraging him to "embrace the hate" and leave touring on the road full-time so he could patch things up with his high school sweetheart, Liz... whom Cena never sees because he's never at home.

iQtD59Fq4antL.jpg

Cena ignored this well-intentioned advice, filed for divorce two days ago and stands to lose a good chunk of his wealth... but he gets all of the presents he gave Liz back because that was written into his pre-nup.

john-cena-with-wife-04.jpg

However, everything worked out in the end because The Rock was able to share all of Cena's misfortune with the people in musical fashionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEpVtok8MSQ#t=5m21s and a good laugh was had by all.

tumblr_m3tsgeMuDI1qi4vlo.jpg

That is by far one of the best video game wrestling based gifs I have ever seen.
I can never stop laughing as soon as Net crumples on the mat. :lol
If you had balls, you'd stop watching now instead of at Sunday. John Cena thinks you're a loser.
The only match I'm interested in is Company Man Punk vs. Daniel "Yes Man" Bryan. Hopefully it goes to 30 minutes, but knowing Vince it'll be first on the card and under 5 minutes. At the very least, I'll have more free time after the match is done.
I suspect this is easily better than anything that aired on RAW tonight.
This match had a 3-day build (if that) in this thread, and the match was better and far more entertaining than anything the WWE has put out this year.

Khrno

What's there left to look forward to and watch at this point?
besides Kane

Obviously:

QodUg.gif

This is the best storyline of the year so far, and Bryan is the best performer at the moment.

I watch WWE for Bryan, not for Cena. I'll watch OTL for Bryan/Punk, and I'll keep watching WWE programming as far as Bryan keeps delivering as he has done since november.

By the way, I'll be watching OTL but I'm not giving a single penny to the WWE for it, just as every other Bryan fan in Britain will do.

Live on Sky Sports 1 HD

I watched Raw in 15 minutes. Not going to watch this shit live for the time being. I'm bored as hell of HHH forcing himself into the main event scene. I'm no high roller but I can't imagine anybody spending money for Over the Limit. Bryan/Punk will be good but there's zero build to the match.

Chopper

Daniel Bryan
Santino
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Lesnar making Cena bleed

These are the things I like about WWE at the moment. Nothing else.

Heyman never fails to impress me. No-one articulates and sells the "medium" of wrestling like him. He talks and I believe every word he says. The guy's a fucking legend.

I should have just checked here before actually watching Raw, I could've saved myself the anguish.
let me reel off the good points of Raw
- Kane's entrance
- Kane's cross body
- Botched gravity bending chokeslam

So is Big Show's gimmick this year to be a snivelling crybaby? I mean both his big storylines have revolved around him blubbering, woah I want to get behind this guy! he's sensitive and in touch with his emotions!

The less said about Cena's promo the better, granted I got unintentional hilarity from it in a kind of "I can't believe he's actually doing this" way.
That gif is better than Raw.

Whhhhhy do they keep teasing me with this interesting AJ shit like its actually gonna go somewhere?? :(

Anyway, despite the pathetic build up I still can't wait for Punk vs Bryan.

Why thats not the main focus of the show over all this other complete and utter absolute garbage is beyond me, but hey we're use to it by now. :|

Dude, it's gonna go here and, to speak in the words of Shao Kahn, IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Man I hope so, the crowd still pop for her.... they're gagging for the pay-off where she finally gives 'dat Bhrayanz boy wot he done deserve' but after Punk dismissing her now, I'm still hoping for the double swerve back to Bryan.

KING AND QUEEN OF ALL WRESTLING

And mad Punk is mad at them and has proper feud instead of the he got jokes just chillin' and lending money to.... Alex Riley CM Punk that we have now. :|

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair to WWE, I'm quite looking forward to the fatal 4-way as well. Call me a mark, but if given enough time, that's gonna be highly entertaining.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, wrestling should be way more of this:
ALUTk.gif

I was thinking this with Beth vs. Alicia Fox last night. Beth picks her foe up,and they wrap their legs around her for the Glam Slam. And Cole said "What is Layla gonna do to defend against Beth" and I think to myself, well, instead of wrapping her legs backwards around Beth's waist, she could just keep her feet on the mat and stop her from Glam Slamming her altogether. :D

Dead Man

So I just watched raw. Wow. They really ended on a 20 minute snoozefest promo. I just can't believe what I'm watching. Who actually thought that was a good idea?

Striker

I had to change the channel when Cena said "Go puck yourself". It really was the icing on top of a ten layer shit cake, and I just couldn't take it any more. I don't know what happened after that and I don't care. Fuck that show

Just watch on Youtube and skim through the BS. Heck, judging by comments, I often don't even watch it on Youtube. And really haven't missed anything. It's been too stagnant.

Chopper

I was gonna suggest that Brock Lesnar was gonna appear for Big Johnny at Over The Limit, prompting Big Show to come out for Cena. That would make the match kind of interesting. But I guess now that Brock's moved on to HHH, it'll just be Big Show. Which means there is no chance Johnny's winning. What's gonna cause Show to come out though?

Aiii

So not worth it
My biggest fear is Over The Limit will have worse buyrates then last year's and they blame it all on Bryan and Punk.

And the worst part is, it's not even an irrational fear.

I was gonna suggest that Brock Lesnar was gonna appear for Big Johnny at Over The Limit, prompting Big Show to come out for Cena. That would make the match kind of interesting. But I guess now that Brock's moved on to HHH, it'll just be Big Show. Which means there is no chance Johnny's winning. What's gonna cause Show to come out though?

Show will come out for Johnny. Something about him promising him his job back if he interferes on his behalf.

Obviously:

QodUg.gif

This is the best storyline of the year so far, and Bryan is the best performer at the moment.

I watch WWE for Bryan, not for Cena. I'll watch OTL for Bryan/Punk, and I'll keep watching WWE programming as far as Bryan keeps delivering as he has done since november.

By the way, I'll be watching OTL but I'm not giving a single penny to the WWE for it, just as every other Bryan fan in Britain will do.

Live on Sky Sports 1 HD

same here, im only watching now for d-bry

Aiii

So not worth it
Didn't watch all of RAW so can someone tell me what the WWE storyline for Bryan/Punk is?

Bryan is better then Punk and beat Lawler in a Beat the Clock challenge faster then Orton beat -whoever his name is-. There's only 2,5 weeks of build up, so not much in way of story there.

Also, AJ is mad at Bryan and got turned down by Punk. WHO WILL SHE SCREW?

I am relieved. I wanted to see D Brine vs. Punk, but Vince just does not deserve my money.
My thoughts exactly, the fatal four way match should be fun as well, then the rest of the card will be made up of random filler.

Yeah, 2002 still had a good SD! show. This is the worst I've ever seen the WWE. Ever.
2002 was considered that bad? maybe the first half of the year was a bit average but it really stepped up a lot in the last half ,Summerslam and Survivor Series were great ppv events and the SD six put on solid matches each week, the Katie Vick storyline is probably the worst of it all and that was better than what we have right now.
And yes this currently is the worst i've seen the WWE in as well, it's topping the Cena run of 2007.

SD is not that bad at the minute. Least they are giving some new blood a chance over there.

Yes, I watch that shit every week.
a lot of newer talent or NXT wrstlers have been showing up recently, they need to give these new guys some time on the mic, Antonio Cesaro or whatever his name is in particular could use more because at the moment he's just some guy in trunks to me.
Still not that great a show though as it lacks any real hook to bother seeking it out, aside from RYBACK!

So what happens when Orton gets injured again, and Cena has to go to court. What stars can draw?
HHH
Runner up positions to the attitude era remnants of Kane and Show who don't seem to cause viewers to leave in droves like the rest of the roster but don't give a boost either, probably because they remind people of greater times.

Top Bottom