• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

I don't understand how they think they can fill three hours. At least WCW could throw out cruiserweight after cruiserweight - unless that's what the rumored high flyers are coming in for.

Khrno

I can't order iPPVs since I only have paper money.

2293436978_ab862f57aa_z.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I must say Impact going live could be awesome though. It will definitely help the show alot, although going live ON THE ROAD would help much much more.

Man, now with Impact going live how am I supposed to know if it sucks or not? This pretty much means I have to watch it every week now.

Live Impact will be crazy for the 3 weeks until they cancel it being live. 3 hour Raw will probably last a month before USA gets pissed NCIS was doing better ratings in the first hour slot.

Impact going live hasn't usually meant a justifiable increase in ratings versus the cost that it takes to put on the show. Being live is overrated as most of the fans that watch don't even know it's taped anyway. Going on the road is much more beneficial if they can fill arenas as it gets the word out and makes the show look more major league, which might not help for 1 or 2 weeks of ratings, but would definitely help long term. As a fan I will like it being live of course as you still get that anything can happen vibe, but it won't be live long.

I guess the good thing about Impact being live is the gut check will be live now so they can implement a fan voting aspect into it.
Fucking hell, Bobo.

RBH

The timing of this move is just hilarious to me.

Talent roster at its weakest point in years; ratings at their lowest point in years; creatively dry television shows with scripts constantly getting changed on the fly and no sense of long-term planning.

Solution?

One more hour of Raw, baby!

The timing of this move is just hilarious to me.

Talent roster at its weakest point in years; ratings at their lowest point in years; creatively dry television shows with scripts constantly getting changed on the fly and no sense of long-term planning.

Solution?

One more hour of Raw, baby!

I can't comprehend this news, it's beyond madness

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not done, we just had a solid WM and an epic Extreme Rules, Heyman and Lesnar are back, we're getting a Punk vs. D-Bry ppv match and possible ongoing feud. And maybe, just maybe, WWE continues the trend of giving me what I want by spending the extra hour on wrestling and building of their lower-midcard, divas and tag-team division.

Why not think positive? Feels good man!

I'm not done, we just had a solid WM and an epic Extreme Rules, Heyman and Lesnar are back, we're getting a Punk vs. D-Bry ppv match and possible ongoing feud. And maybe, just maybe, WWE continues the trend of giving me what I want by spending the extra hour on wrestling and building of their lower-midcard, divas and tag-team division.

I can no longer be positive when it comes to the WWE. I am a broken man.

YOU HEAR THAT VINCE? YOU FINALLY BEAT ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH.

There's no reason to give a shit about Lesnar. First match back and they immediately jobbed him to Cena. Who cares? He'll probably eat a Pedigree next.

Don't you want to see WWE and HHH beat him in a fake court case and then force him to come back for his match with HHH and lose to the King of Kings?

Anth0ny

BOLD PREDICTION: Raw will be hovering around 2.0 by the end of the year if they actually go through with this 3 hour shit.

Does this mean it'll start at 9 and end at 12? For fucks sakes, don't the little jimmies have a bed time? I used to have to record the second half of Raw during the Attitude Era and watch it when I got home from school on Tuesday.

Does this mean it'll start at 9 and end at 12? For fucks sakes, don't the little jimmies have a bed time? I used to have to record the second half of Raw during the Attitude Era and watch it when I got home from school on Tuesday.

Most likely 8-11. They'd be insane to go until midnight.

Why do you want more matches of guys in the midcard trading wins and losses back and forth with no meaning? Gonna get more Laurinitis and More Cena. Also going to get more Khali, Big Zeke, Mason Ryan, and Jinder Mahal.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It was around this time last year when I thought about not watching anymore. But then they didn't the Punk stuff in July and was interested again. I'll keep watching, who knows trhey might do something worth watching.

And the Cener wife thing is going to explode soon, I am excited!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

The problem is they don't do that when they have 3 hour raw "specials" (And I swear we've had like 20 or 30 of them over the last 2 years), so there's no reason to think they'd do it now.

Also, even the 2 hour raws get padded out with recap and promo filler. The shows are rewritten literally up to the moment the live broadcast begins (and sometimes revisions continue into the first half of the broadcast!).

There's no flow to the program, no purpose to the match layouts, no purpose to the individual matches themselves, and no sense of engagement to the product.

This is going to backfire huge on Vince. At best you'll see RAW turn into background noise for people on their TVs as they surf the web on their laptops/phones and text with their friends.

At worst people will realize just how little wrestling matters to them and they'll turn off the product for good.

This will overexpose people to a bland product, resulting in burn out. Good job Vince, you're no longer slowly killing your product, you're accelerating its decline.

Scottify

With that extra hour now, maybe the mid card will no longer have to just settle for trading wins. Perhaps they can use this extra time to build actual feuds with reasons as to why they're fighting.

Midcard A beats B 5 shows in a row, because they were able to spend extra time building it up for a big payoff win. Just spouting off here really. I don't foresee doom and gloom, I have hope.

Brinbe

Well, I'm more likely to watch Impact now. Just something about a live show that can't be replicated with a taped program. Hope they can make the most of it.

And ideally, Raw moving to a 3rd hour would be a positive (with the crowded out midcard reaping the most benefit) but not with this current product. Just more time for recaps and extended squashes! Hooray!

Have it our way and the 3 hour would be like this.

1st hour- Have a battle royal for title shot that night.
2nd hour- blah blah blah . Because theres tons of it.
3rd hour- Title match.

Every week....Make the Champ earn his Title reign

Toki767

As long as Impact continues the way they've been going, live summer shows seems like it'd be interesting to try.

As for Raw going 3 hours...while I wish that means we'd get longer matches, I have a feeling we're just going to get a bunch of short 3 minute matches and 10-15 minute comedy skits.

Striker

With that extra hour now, maybe the mid card will no longer have to just settle for trading wins. Perhaps they can use this extra time to build actual feuds with reasons as to why they're fighting.

Midcard A beats B 5 shows in a row, because they were able to spend extra time building it up for a big payoff win. Just spouting off here really. I don't foresee doom and gloom, I have hope.
Think of this. Kofi got drafted to RAW four years ago, and outside his little stint with Orton, he has been in the same exact position he is in now (cycling through random "feuds" and exchanging wins with Swagger, Dolph, etc.). It's completely and utterly embarrassing, and it's pathetic. They've shown they do not care to extend these guys into developed programs or stories. It's about downgrading everybody else and propping up John Cena. Why have hope they have not given us their vision to show they've trying to improve, that they are trying to help better the product. CM Punk Mitb? Gone after a week. Nexus overrun on RAW? Buried by Cena. Rock's return after seven years? Belittled because they want balance in cheers. Brock Lesnar coming back? Jobbed on his first PPV to a guy who's done the same exact match scenario for over six years.

Toki767

Think of this. Kofi got drafted to RAW four years ago, and outside his little stint with Orton, he has been in the same exact position he is in now (cycling through random "feuds" and exchanging wins with Swagger, Dolph, etc.). It's completely and utterly embarrassing, and it's pathetic. They've shown they do not care to extend these guys into developed programs or stories. It's about downgrading everybody else and propping up John Cena. Why have hope they have not given us their vision to show they've trying to improve, that they are trying to help better the product. CM Punk Mitb? Gone after a week. Nexus overrun on RAW? Buried by Cena. Rock's return after seven years? Belittled because they want balance in cheers. Brock Lesnar coming back? Jobbed on his first PPV to a guy who's done the same exact match scenario for over six years.

Guys like Kofi are just never going to break through to main event status. WWE are better off pushing new guys to the moon and hope they stick. Sheamus is probably the only example of this in the last 5 years though.

somedevil

Guys like Kofi are just never going to break through to main event status. WWE are better off pushing new guys to the moon and hope they stick. Sheamus is probably the only example of this in the last 5 years though.

Also, Daniel Bryan even though he was the one who decided to say Yes!

Scottify

That's a good point about Kofi I have to admit. However, I think there were some situations out of his control like his partner being suspended. I think it's hard to change directions on a dime in situations like that. But yes, overall, what you said is correct. He's been languishing for years now in pretty much the same position.

I think the bigger problems is that the belts, for the most part, are devalued now and even though he is a tag champ people just don't seem to care.

Kofi has been over for years now. If it wasn't for Orton and STUPIDgate, there's a very high chance Kofi could've been a champion.

Striker

Well, it's not even breaking through to the next status. Why is he and guys like Dolph Ziggler still repeating their cycle they've been doing throughout 2009? Why?!

They've given these pushes to the mid-carders (at the time) to the main event, but look how terribly booked and relinquished it looked not long after. Jack Swagger was holding the World Title, beat Randy Orton at the April PPV, and then became a jobbing World Champion throughout the next month until he lost it to, I believe, Rey Mysterio. Then you had hapless title reigns for The Miz, CM Punk, and Sheamus (first WWE run). It's just awful writing, and blame has to go on Vince. One bad rating or one misstep, he gets scared and puts the belt back on Cena/Orton.

That's a good point about Kofi I have to admit. However, I think there were some situations out of his control like his partner being suspended. I think it's hard to change directions on a dime in situations like that. But yes, overall, what you said is correct. He's been languishing for years now in pretty much the same position.

I think the bigger problems is that the belts, for the most part, are devalued now and even though he is a tag champ people just don't seem to care.
Kofi fits in great for a midcard role, but they never develop any stories for these guys. His little tenure with Orton in the card was pretty damn good, but it was scrapped after Orton had a baby tantrum.

Belts, I agree. They're all crap right now, and the IC/US/tag have been booked terribly for so long. The IC was doing pretty decent when Jericho and Rey were battling it out for a while, so I guess that's something. The US title has gotten nothing for it, and hasn't for at least four years. Tag? Put it this way, they put the titles on Cena and Otunga at one point -- all that needs said.

Top Bottom