• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Hogan and Bischoff will bleed the company dry and then leave. Writing's on the wall. Dixie is too dumb to see it. Guaranteed Brooke Hogan is getting paid more than any knockout there. You know Hogan will push to give Sting the world title on the live Impact on 5/31 and fuck over the Roode/Storm feud.

jmdajr

0-cena-tweet-grab.jpg

is this for real?

jmdajr

wishful thinking midcard gets storyline time?

edit:traci brooks quit from tna? hopefully this means more interesting job opportunities in entertainment.

Hogan and Bischoff will bleed the company dry and then leave. Writing's on the wall. Dixie is too dumb to see it. Guaranteed Brooke Hogan is getting paid more than any knockout there. You know Hogan will push to give Sting the world title on the live Impact on 5/31 and fuck over the Roode/Storm feud.
We will see. If he does Panda may as well sell the company as they will never recover. Panda probably likes the tax write off too much to do so however. As for Hogan, I think he has had some good ideas, I really do. The problem is the ego and nepotism. He thinks he can make Brroke and Garrett stars, which is insane. He thinks he can make the next Hulk Hogan just like Vince has tried to make Cena the new Hulk Hogan. Hulk, Bret, Shawn, Austin, Rock, Sting, Flair ect are all one of a kind and cant be replicated. Thats why WWE sucks, no one can be themselves, they all have to be what Vince thinks they should be. Ego is destroying wrestling at an unprecedented rate.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So we'll only have to watch that hour, a good way to avert the 3 hour doldrums.

His gimmick of being a face? if anything his problem is a lack of gimmick
Exactly. If I'm guaranteed that Kane is in the first hour, it saves us aplenty of time.

And yeah, that's my point, Kofi needs an actual gimmick.

rvd2kewl

Big Dave chopped the hair off today:

R1Ac5.jpg

Wonder if he'll be returning soon. WWE.com has been featuring him on their home page an awful lot as of late.

Big Dave getting ready for that TNA run. They've been hyping a big surprise for 5/31. Another good thing I just thought about with TNA going live is they won't have all of those quick cuts anymore between segments. Everything will flow alot better.

somedevil

Oops I was wrong Its Jim Ross and Regal on Commentary and Dusty Rhodes is the GM.

Here is Episode 1 spoilers:

Dark Match: Xavier Woods (formerly Consequences Creed in TNA) beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose was very popular.

Triple H came out and cut a promo. Hunter thanked Full Sail for use of their facilities and said the first episode will air in more than 60 countries. (No date was given.)

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Jim Ross and William Regal were introduced on commentary. JR introduced the new GM of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

(1) Bo Dallas (Rotundo) beat Rick Victor with a spear.

(2) The Ascension (Connor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron) beat C.J. Parker & Mike Dalton in a squash tag match. Ascension had an epic entrance and were impressive.

Damien Sandow refused to fight Jason Jordan. It was the same promo from his Smackdown appearances. Damien was over as a heel; funny stuff.

(3) Tyson Kidd beat Michael McGillicutty via submission. Great match that captivated the crowd and had plenty of nearfalls. Kidd won with a leg choke.

RBH

Oops I was wrong Its Jim Ross and Regal on Commentary and Dusty Rhodes is the GM.

Dark Match: Xavier Woods (formerly Consequences Creed in TNA) beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose was very popular.

Triple H came out and cut a promo. Hunter thanked Full Sail for use of their facilities and said the first episode will air in more than 60 countries. (No date was given.)

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Jim Ross and William Regal were introduced on commentary. JR introduced the new GM of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

(2) The Ascension (Connor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron) beat C.J. Parker & Mike Dalton in a squash tag match. Ascension had an epic entrance and were impressive.

Damien Sandow refused to fight Jason Jordan. It was the same promo from his Smackdown appearances. Damien was over as a heel; funny stuff.

(3) Tyson Kidd beat Michael McGillicutty via submission. Great match that captivated the crowd and had plenty of nearfalls. Kidd won with a leg choke.
I like what I'm reading so far.

Brinbe

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Awesome, seems like a nice return to the first few seasons of NXT when it was definitely a lot more compelling than the crap on the main shows. Hoping it's a success for them.

Just listened to the Dave and Bryan breaking audio on Raw and Impact. He said the Raw thing will be a positive short term as it's extra income just like it was for Nitro, but long term it's horrible because it's going to burn out all the fans like it did for WCW. If they wait too long to turn it back to 2 hours the damage could already be done and more and more people will just keep continuing to go down and it will have a snowball effect. He was positive about the Impact change.

It's going to be Batista or Goldberg as the big surprise. Knowing TNA it's Goldberg, but Batista did say he had a big announcement this month, which hasn't been made yet.

TNA should sign Batista and Goldberg while also re hiring Vince Russo. They could feud and have a tribal tatoo on a pole match. Or hire Mike Knox and have a Melina on a pole match with John Morrison carrying Melina's bags to the honeymoon suite. Sorry, had a few too many beers before Impact!

RBH

NXT spoilers for the first two episodes:

From PWTorch:

EPISODE #1 TAPING

After a brief intermission, a video aired and they shot the crowd to lead into what can be assumed to be the second episode.

EPISODE #2 TAPING

(1) Seth Rollins (formerly Tyler Black) beat Jiro. This was essentially a squash. Rollins cut a promo promising to take NXT, WWE, and the world by storm.

(2) Jinder Mahal beat Jason Jordan via submission with the Camel Clutch. Boring match as indicated by the crowd chants.

(3) Leo Kruger beat Aiden English. Quick and effective establishing Aiden as a face and Kruger as a heel. Post-match, Leo talked about himself on the mic, calling himself the LEO (Lion) of NXT. So, watch out.

(4) Richie Steamboat beat Rick Victor with a big lariat. Richie wrestles a lot like his dad, Ricky Steamboat, who was ringside watching. Richie gave him a shout-out after the match.

(5) Antonio Cesaro beat Dante Dash. Afterward, Aksana declared, "Antonio is my lover!"

How about this? Raw is PG for two hours and the last hour is TV-MA. After the little jimmy's go to bed we can have a Melina on a poll match between newly rehired Mike Knox and Batista. Winner plows her in the middle of the ring while John Morrison looks on. WWE should hire me......Squashmatch=Ratings!

I don't really understand the complaints, don't you guys like watching wrestling?

I like watching wrestling. I do not like watching 3 hours of sports entertainment in which both the "sports" and "entertainment" parts of that phrase are highly debatable.

At least live Impact should be okay...maybe...probably not.

3 hour Raws are usually fucking rough. Don't know if I can make it through a live one every week, especially when they don't care to make storylines for anyone except John Cena.

U
I like watching wrestling. I do not like watching 3 hours of sports entertainment in which both the "sports" and "entertainment" parts of that phrase are highly debatable.

At least live Impact should be okay...maybe...probably not.
Im telling you Impact is pretty good right now........seriously! You guys need to tune in. Wrestling is good, booking is weak but logical, but the atmosphere is still a giant pile of shit unfourtunately!

Impact should be good tonight. The spoilers seemed good. I'm having a great time reading all these WWE jobbers excited for Raw going 3 hours thinking they are going to start getting air time now.

Kaladin

I wouldn't be surprised if some people already thought Brooke Hogan was signed with TNA with as many times that she has appeared in the Impact Zone. Didn't she slap someone in the middle of a match one time for no apparent reason?

I wouldn't be surprised if some people already thought Brooke Hogan was signed with TNA with as many times that she has appeared in the Impact Zone. Didn't she slap someone in the middle of a match one time for no apparent reason?

Yeah, she's appeared a few times recently usually interfering in Robbie E matches. I called this shit after she appeared at Lockdown.

Let's be honest, who the hell wants an extra 4 hours of WWE a month? I'm serious. They already have too many PPVs, and too much TV time, who wants more? That makes for 48 more hours of Raw per year.

WHO WANTS 48 MORE HOURS OF RAW PER YEAR? TWO FULL EXTRA DAYS OF RAW PER YEAR? THAT'S LIKE......4 DAYS TOO MANY.

Top Bottom