• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

sajj316

tweet by Ziggler regarding RAW going 3 hours.

"i challenge ANY @WWE #wwe SUPERSTAR to an #IronManMatch July 23rd! #3hourRaw #ShowStolen #AnyTAKERs?"

Please oh please .. Ziggler/Bryan iron man match!

wwe-superstars-logo.jpg

WWE Superstars 5/17/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYjxRIk5Teg

Lord Tensai vs. Tyson Kidd
Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger vs. Jimmy & Jey Uso
Alex Riley vs. Heath Slater

I would have loved to see Tyson Kidd vs Heath Slater and Lord Tensai vs Alex Riley. A match between two cruiserweight would have been great!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tweet by Ziggler regarding RAW going 3 hours.

"i challenge ANY @WWE #wwe SUPERSTAR to an #IronManMatch July 23rd! #3hourRaw #ShowStolen #AnyTAKERs?"

Please oh please .. Ziggler/Bryan iron man match!

You're just gonna end up with Khali/Show...

Finally watched Richards vs Steen from Border Wars, and it was great for the most part - the Toronto crowd were so vehemently against Richards it almost hurt the match to a degree, but they rolled with it and set up the finish beautifully, with Richards working the knee and ankle over again again making everyone believe Steen was about to tap, and Steen teasing the pile-driver all match, only to take everything Richards could throw at him and then hit the package piledriver for the win. To his credit, Richards sold it like death, and was still selling it as the PPV went off air. Corino turning and celebrating with Steen & Jimmy post-match is an interesting development, also I thought Davey busting out the DR Driver for the first time in years was a nice touch. Great match, and a good show overall, especially Storm vs Bennett, would have been nice to be able to watch it live though.

Also, FCW from last weekend was pretty good, with a great Antonio Cesaro vs Kassius Ohno match to open the show.

Linkified

I just read the WWE press release on Raw going to 3 hours. Fans deciding? LOL fans don't get to decide shit.

It'll be Taboo Tuesday on speed, basically they'll use Matt Striker as the host of SocMedia booth, and will announce data, like: "23% of the Universe who want Iron Man Match sponsored by The Avengers, in cinemas now, are from the UK."

It'll be like that forever.

If you don't pick the guys WWE wants you to pick they will just bury the one you did pick afterwards. Expect John Cena to win every poll he's involved in.

Ithil

This is just another way for them to push who they want to push, but now, they can claim that the FANS asked for it, therefore it's what the fans want and therefore the right people to push.

Note: By "people" I of course mean John Cena.

Linkified

If you don't pick the guys WWE wants you to pick they will just bury the one you did pick afterwards. Expect John Cena to win every poll he's involved in.

This is just another way for them to push who they want to push, but now, they can claim that the FANS asked for it, therefore it's what the fans want and therefore the right people to push.

Note: By "people" I of course mean John Cena.

People wont be picking superstars it'll be match types and time limits.

krae_man

It'll be Taboo Tuesday on speed, basically they'll use Matt Striker as the host of SocMedia booth, and will announce data, like: "23% of the Universe who want Iron Man Match sponsored by The Avengers, in cinemas now, are from the UK."

It'll be like that forever.

If it's like Taboo Tuesday, it will be rigged except for pointless stuff like "what outfits would you like the divas to wear".

I remember the one year where Santino cut Honky Tonk Man promos for like 3 months and they still had to rig Cyber Sunday voting so Piper wouldn't win.

Linkified

If it's like Taboo Tuesday, it will be rigged except for pointless stuff like "what outfits would you like the divas to wear".

I remember the one year where Santino cut Honky Tonk Man promos for like 3 months and they still had to rig Cyber Sunday voting so Piper wouldn't win.

Again it'll just be match types and time limits, along with a SocMedia booth.

lol! (sorry if old)
tumblr_lvogmsklri1r7d7hwo1_400.jpg

WrestleGAF is the only good thing WWE has going right now.

WrestleGAF is like the Cruiserweight Division in WCW

That's the highest compliment I've been paid in a long time. Not sure what to make of that :/

I'll dip into the MMA thread more often once I wrap my brain around the fundamentals. Wrassle-GAF will still be my main thread, but I'm taking a hiatus from RAW.

I mean, I just caught up on the announcement, and I know most of the fervor has already passed, but...I can't deal with it, guys. I just can't. RAW was bloated enough already and now it's being extended - and you should know by now that they'll take the opportunity to throw in far more skits and such than matches. The skits aren't good enough to carry the show, and the promos - on average - aren't much better, so I can't get anything out of this.

On the off chance that the quality of the show drastically improves by July, I might consider tuning in past the first hour. However, past RAWs have shown me that when the workload increases, the show falters, so I expect that RAW will only worsen over time - and if that happens, I'll just drop it altogether. No sense in fouling up the thread with dour posts.

Forkball

Is there going to be a draft this year? Seems overdue. It's pretty annoying to see people go for titles on both shows. Jericho can't win the WWE title, and now all of the sudden he's a WHC contender? I don't mind mixing the rosters, but they could at least limit title shots to a wrestler's own show.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Is there going to be a draft this year? Seems overdue. It's pretty annoying to see people go for titles on both shows. Jericho can't win the WWE title, and now all of the sudden he's a WHC contender? I don't mind mixing the rosters, but they could at least limit title shots to a wrestler's own show.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be on the 3 hour Raw premiere, although I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being quietly pushed aside.

OH BOY 3 HOUR RAWS EVERY WEEK!?

John Cena made my wish come true!

Please don't let a 3 hour RAW show have only an 1 hour and 20 minutes worth of footage? This was the same thing that happened in WCW. My biggest complient about 3 hours show is that Smackdown, which is a B show, will become will lose value because you push the stuff on RAW now.

so, Brock can interfere in the match on Sunday because they can't fire him. also Big Show.

Lauranitus has really grown on the mic. this promo opening Smackdown is pretty damn good. i hope they don't get rid of him on Sunday. so i guess i'm pulling for him to win against Cena some way, some how.

UberTag

so, Brock can interfere in the match on Sunday because they can't fire him. also Big Show.

Lauranitus has really grown on the mic. this promo opening Smackdown is pretty damn good. i hope they don't get rid of him on Sunday. so i guess i'm pulling for him to win against Cena some way, some how.
They've logically booked the angle so that it's inevitable that Johnny wins unless they pull a "we're swerving because the smarts are expecting the obvious Big Show heel turn, Cena loses" payoff.

Sandow's entrance theme is awesome. i love this set of new Smackdown talent so far. i love the 'your welcome' catchphrase too.
It's a real shame about Sandow's bland wrestling style. He should be a defacto manager who barely wrestles (because everyone's beneath him) and build a stable. Similar to The Genius or "Right to Censor" Stevie Richards.

UberTag

this Kane vs Punk match is good.
this is not surprising. Bryan is adding a lot value on commentary as well.
They could fire Lawler and Booker tomorrow and just let guys like Punk, Bryan and Barrett do commentary in between their matches and I'd be fine with it.

Top Bottom