• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

NoRéN

Maxine.

Here's her mugshot.

tumblr_lyrruvl2mb1r80k0jo1_500.jpg

Why does her face look better in a mugshot than on TV?

Maxine?

And aside from Punk/Brine, that card is so meh. Who cares about any of those matches? Hell, if it wasn't for the wrestling nerd within me, they haven't even given a reason to care about Punk/Bryan.

lulz, bean breath. Why you kissing babies and hugging fat girls, doe? You'll never be one of them no matter how hard you try. They see through you.

Just because Raw is fun for us now that we all got Cena's back, you have to try to bring us all down? Look, dude, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that your favorite wrestlers never win because they're not as good as Cena. I'm sorry that Wile E. Coyote never got the Roadrunner. Sorry about Jerry always getting the best of Tom. I'm sorry that your Generals keep losing to the Harlem Globetrotters.

Aiii

So not worth it
Zack Ryder vs. Kane
No offense to the Kane marks in here. But who in the fuck cares, Kane has done nothing since his return to the big red monster other then try to kidnap Eve (in which I imagine a scenario where she'd end up tied up in the basement of his house while Kane eats dinner with his family as if nothing happened) other then win one match against Orton. Which most people missed because they were still raging for the treatment of Bryan right before. Ryder, on the other hand, was buried, relegated and if anyone can tell me what exactly his role is nowadays... Well, match will go less then 5 minutes, Kane will destroy Ryder, again.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger
Ziggler deserves better then this. If he's not the winner of this years Raw MitB match (Cody wins the Smackdown one clearly) I will lose what little remaining faith I have left in WWE's booking team. The last thing the guy needs is having to haul around a big ass penny in his suitcase so he can get held up at customs every time he goes to Raw or Smackdown. Time to rid him of the dead weight and get him to main event level. That said, should be an entertaining match.

Layla (c) vs. Beth Phoenix
DQ. Kharma wasn't allowed to debut last PPV, so she'll do it now, cause SWERVE damnit. Layla will move on to lose the title to Kharma tomorrow and Beth and her can feud. It's all for naught anyways as we all know this is just a holdover until AJ wins the title and holds it for like two years because she's the most over diva ever!
Also, unrelated, please fire Alicia Fox already. Future Endeavored Club of 2012, gogogo!

Sheamus (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton
Triple H's favorite won't lose after such a short reign I think, so I'll pick him. By all accounts he should though. He's not over as a face, even resorting to trying to hijack the Yes-chant to get over, geez. Smackdown lost ratings since he's the champ and we know how WWE panic books when ever something less then positive occurs. Orton is a likely outsider, because SWERVE and also, he's Randy Orton and hasn't held the title for nearly a year now, this will not last long. Jericho is another outsider, he's not leaving for a few months and would do okay as a temp champ for a while. Del Rio, not so much. That said, I still doubt Sheamus will lose it this soon, the kids still love him and kids = revenue.

John Laurinaitis vs John Cena
Crossing my fingers this WON'T be the last match on the card, but we all know the picking order in WWE (Divas -> Tag-Team -> US -> IC -> WHC -> WWE -> John Cena) so yeah, expecting this to be the "main event." JL will win due to Big Show Heel turn interference. Unless SWERVE, he doesn't interfere and it's Lesnar or Heyman interfering or something. All I can hope is JL will ACE CRUSHER THE FUCK out of Cena, because he deserves it. I had just begun to slightly take to the Cena that had brutal matches w/ Lesnar and did the job for Rock. But two weeks worth of Raws and no-selling his faux injury and smiling took away alot of that goodwill.

CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
Punk has been champ for half a year now, that's like the 2012 equivelant of a 3 year run in the 80's. It's time for a heel Raw champion, because a face champion and a face John Cena is just overkill really. Aside from that, Punk is not exactly bringing in the ratings and his merchandising sales are probably down thanks to the Yes-shirt as well. Add to that how over Bryan is, the afformentioned sales of his shirt and the fact that Smackdown ratings were higher with him as champ and we might actually see him go over here. Of course, the highlight of this match will be AJ's heel turn, when she gloriously kicks Punk's head in or Shining Wizard's him to kingdom come. Really hope there will be 20-30 minutes of solid wrestling before that though, there's only 5 matches (+Ryberg and Brodus yawn-squashes) on the show and Johnny Ace can never last longer then 15 minutes so fingers crossed.
WWE, if you by chance come across this post, please don't SWERVE me on this last match. I swear I'm the only one that sees this outcome, everyone else thinks Punk will win! I swear!

vfxDw.gif

Just because Raw is fun for us now that we all got Cena's back, you have to try to bring us all down? Look, dude, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that your favorite wrestlers never win because they're not as good as Cena. I'm sorry that Wile E. Coyote never got the Roadrunner. Sorry about Jerry always getting the best of Tom. I'm sorry that your Generals keep losing to the Harlem Globetrotters.

GLOBETROTTERS NEVER SOLD THE GENERALS OFFENSE, THOUGH!

It's like you know all of my bad memories :(

Maxine was wearing different wrestling gear this week. :( I liked her old one better, was more jiggly.

Anyway, I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally excited for the PPV simply because of Punk VS Bryan. No amount of other shit fed to me for the rest of the weeks leading up to it or during it could make me not excited to see a PPV featuring a match between my 2 fav current day wrestlers. :D

I'm picking Bryan to win, simply because Punk has been going for ages and I hope if Bryan wins we can keep the feud going longer (and do it more solidly this time grrr!!! >_<)! Back and forth the title in some epic matches I'm fine with that. They can do it, just let them off the leash and have fun with it, we'll all be rewarded. I was so happy on Raw a few weeks back when they seemed genuinely excited the match was gonna happen..... let them show what they can do!

I thought AJ was gonna interfere but I dunno anymore, I'll always hope for her and Bryan to get back together!!! They were playing up Punk being injured badly on Smackdown seemingly in a 'damage control' type thing. "Oh of course he lost to the bad guy, only cause he was sooooooooo injured!" etc so maybe they'll just use that.

Either way, although I'm backing Bryan in this particular one, cause I like both its nice not really caring who wins for once lol.

Yes! Best In The World!

Woooooooo excited. :D

Didn't Tom beat out Jerry occasionally, when Jerry was being an even bigger prick than usual?

Kaladin

Next week's Ring of Honor television will feature the Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards ROH World Title match from Border Wars in it's entirety.

Khrno

Bryan having a go at Sheamus:

IGN: Other wrestlers seem to be trying to co-opt the “YES!” chants nowadays. How do you feel about that?

Bryan: I don’t mind it if it starts organically. Like if the crowd just started chanting it. It only bothers me when people start it up on purpose. For example, leading into the Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View, Sheamus would do promos and chant “YES!” And that’s taking something that I created and trying to use it to get yourself cheered, or get in good with the fans. And I feel like that waters it down. Because the last thing you want something to do when it’s hot is to get watered down.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan having a go at Sheamus:

IGN: Other wrestlers seem to be trying to co-opt the “YES!” chants nowadays. How do you feel about that?

Bryan: I don’t mind it if it starts organically. Like if the crowd just started chanting it. It only bothers me when people start it up on purpose. For example, leading into the Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View, Sheamus would do promos and chant “YES!” And that’s taking something that I created and trying to use it to get yourself cheered, or get in good with the fans. And I feel like that waters it down. Because the last thing you want something to do when it’s hot is to get watered down.

Rightfully so I'd say. Just imagine if in 2000 someone tried to jack "if you smell..." from Rocky. Would he still be in the company the next day?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kind of funny how Smackdown was really good and had a lot of wrestling and no big man squash matches and no one in here cared. Do you guys even watch wrestling or do you guys just like playing wannabe WWE executives?

These are entertainment threads and should be treated accordingly.

rvd2kewl

I'm expecting some kind of surprise tonight. Would be cool if Big Dave returns for a run through Summerslam.

uBWOn.jpg

Also, I've heard Jericho could be wrapping up tonight to tour with Fozzy over the summer, so I'm just going to enjoy that Fatal 4 Way tonight and not over-analyze things.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Also, I've heard Jericho could be wrapping up tonight to tour with Fozzy over the summer, so I'm just going to enjoy that Fatal 4 Way tonight and not over-analyze things.

God I hope so. They've severely abused Jericho return. Could have been huge but he winds up winning a grand total of three matches against randoms, and doesn't even hold the belt for a minute.

Everytime fans ask the WWE for something, it always goes wrong. It's like when you ask a genie to grant your wish, but you ask for it in slightly the wrong way and wind up with a solid gold head or something.

maxxpower

Everytime fans ask the WWE for something, it always goes wrong. It's like when you ask a genie to grant your wish, but you ask for it in slightly the wrong way and wind up with a solid gold head or something.

It's almost as if Vince is Calypso, especially Calypso from Twisted Metal 3.

I'm guessing the two big guys who left or were fired this past couples of weeks will show up in the Cena vs. Big Johnny match. Unless DQs equal Big Johnny fired.

The 'WWE superstar will be fired for interfering' stipulation won't matter to Lesnar or Big Show lol.

Or when the genie tells you to do something by threatening to ruin your life, and then your life's ruined after doing it anyway.

I'm guessing the two big guys who left or were fired this past couples of weeks will show up in the Cena vs. Big Johnny match. Unless DQs equal Big Johnny fired.

The 'WWE superstar will be fired for interfering' stipulation won't matter to Lesnar or Big Show lol.

Yep, that's probably what's going to happen. Unless it's Brock alone, or some random dude interferes on Johnny's behalf, which would retroactively make the humiliation Big Show went through on Monday little more than an elaborate hazing session. Which I could actually see happen tonight :/

Then again, they could surprise me. I wonder what would happen if Big Show came in for the save for Johnny Ace, and Johnny just shrugged it off? No re-hiring, no thanks or acknowledgement, just a pin and a victory lap.

Striker

And to think he's been in a main event or title match at every ppv since his return, and his comeback still manages to suck, that's kind of impressive.
He probably thought meeting up with the now-lukewarm CM Punk was going to be a hot feud. Jericho's promos with the alcoholism weren't bad, they were pretty good and the only noteworthy thing that happened, but the entire feud was flat. Nothing memorable.

somedevil

Everytime I choose to watch Smackdown its the worst possible shit ever.

You don't watch it you just say that every week.

Also Chris Jericho came back to feud with Punk and put him over. He wasn't here to get the belt because he wouldn't been here long enough to hold the belt. The only thing they should of done is won the royal rumble.

I'm sure Vince has some of those wish granting monkey paws lying around, sure would explain the sudden turn for the worse in a lot of the big angles.

He probably thought meeting up with the now-lukewarm CM Punk was going to be a hot feud. Jericho's promos with the alcoholism weren't bad, they were pretty good and the only noteworthy thing that happened, but the entire feud was flat. Nothing memorable.
I'm afraid that even most of Jericho's promos fell flat with me, the one with Punk in the pub was hilarious for all the wrong reasons, first the feud tried too hard to be personal and then Jericho basically became a caricature of a villain, if he had a thin moustache he would have been curling it and laughing like Dick Dastardly upon watching Punk "drink" the alcohol given to him.

RBH

For tonight's show:

*John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis, no DQ, no count out, if Laurinaitis loses, he gets fired.  The expectation is that Laurinaitis wins, and it's just a question as to whether it's Big Show or Brock Lesnar who interferes, or some sort of other screw job.  Everything is set up for it being Show, but it's so obvious in a company built on wanting to surprise people at all times.  The one thing is Cena will probably get fewer boos than at any PPV match in a long time.

*C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE title - These two are expected to tear the house down as you give Bryan 20 minutes and you're going to get a great match almost every time out.  Throw in that Punk works very hard and this is probably one of his favorite opponents, and this may be something special.  The story of the match is likely built around Punk coming in with injured ribs from the beating from Kane on Smackdown.  That could give him an out if losing, or just allow him to sell most of the way before coming back to win.  There was talk backstage that Punk was doing to do something tonight as a tribute to Randy Savage, who passed away one year ago today.

*Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio for the world title - Also likely a good match.  With Jericho leaving, he's the least likely of the four to win.  Any of the other three wouldn't be much of a surprise right now, but I sense the idea was to give Sheamus a longer run than just seven weeks.  Originally Orton wasn't even in this match. 

*R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler for the tag titles.  Most of the other tag teams they've set up are heels, so in theory that favors R-Truth & Kingston.  I like the idea of Swagger & Ziggler as pushed tag champs.

*Layla vs. Beth Phoenix for the Divas title.  I expect this to be better than most PPV Divas matches.

There will probably be one or two matches added to the show.  Cody Rhodes in particular as IC champion and Santino Marella as U.S. champion are conspicuous by their absence.

*Kane vs. Zack Ryder:  You Tube prelim match.  Likely to be more like a short TV squash style match.

This looks to have a shot at being a good show.  Punk vs. Bryan is as close to a sure thing given their previous matches, as you're going to have on a show right now in the title picture.  No doubt they will be very careful in booking Cena vs. Laurinaitis, because without it, it would have potential to not be very good.  Plus, a crap match wouldn't be good for Laurinaitis' rep as a guy who was never really a big star (because in WWE, Japan stardom doesn't count even if it was in the 90s when Japan was strong).  

--Josh Reddick of the Oakland A's, who is a big pro wrestling fan, predicted what will happen on tonight's Over the Limit show at http://www.csnbayarea.com

----Former WWE wrestlers Marc Copani (Mohammed Hassan) and Shad Gaspard have teamed up for a 255-page graphic novel called "Assassin and Son, Vol 1: Path of Vengeance."  There's an easy joke about Nick Patrick in there.  The urban western is set in New York with the main character being Donovan Braddock, a one-man killing unit who works with a team of assassins known as "The Horsemen."  C'mon, the horseman?  When Braddock tries to leave his old life behind, his wife is murdered in front of him and his young son, sending them looking for revenge.  There is an excerpt up on youtube at http://bit.ly/JWlfsN  You can also go to AssassinAndSon.com  

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-hall-of-fame-honor-richards-vs-steeen-on-tv-

Top Bottom