• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

DMczaf

Why does WWE.com have an interview with Big Show backstage? He doesn't work for WWE. Where is security? What is going on?

Aiii

So not worth it
People complaining that WWE putting Cena match is laughable at best.

Things that affect power of the Universe > WWE Championships.

To be fair, the GM can be overruled by the COO, he can be overruled by the Board. I'm pretty sure he can be overruled by the CEO.

But then again, the COO can be overruled by the GM and I'm prety sure the CEO can overrule the board and the COO probably has some pull over the CEO as he can clearly get him fired via an appeal through the Board. So the Board definatly has control over the CEO and COO both, as the same board remove said COO as Raw GM before as well.

So clearly the power balance in WWE must be as followed.

COO > Board > GM > CEO > Board > COO > Board > CEO > COO > GM > COO.

Yeah, that seems about right.

krae_man

Why does WWE.com have an interview with Big Show backstage? He doesn't work for WWE. Where is security? What is going on?

Next PPV I attend, I'm jumping into the ring and costing Cena the match. I bet I'll get interviewed too!

OTL12_Photo_186.jpg

what's going on here?

Johnny is proving his comic timing is a million times better then Cena's. That and the difference between actually saying something funny and just yelling the word loser over and over again.

You know what the funny thing is? I've been watching WWE pretty regularly only for the past year. Last night was the first time I saw Christian actually hit the Kill Switch. I always wondered what it looked like, but during his "One more match" and Smackdown times, it would always be reversed into someone else's finisher.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what the funny thing is? I've been watching WWE pretty regularly only for the past year. Last night was the first time I saw Christian actually hit the Kill Switch. I always wondered what it looked like, but during his "One more match" and Smackdown times, it would always be reversed into someone else's finisher.

Well to be honest, it is by far one of the shitiest finishing moves ever. Takes ages to set-up and the other wrestler just kinda has to wait for him to take an hour to turn the foe around. It just screams "KICK ME IN THE BACK I'M ABOUT TO KILL YOU FOR REALS."

DMczaf

Johnny is proving his comic timing is a million times better then Cena's. That's the difference between actually saying something funny and just yelling the word loser over and over again.

Even his physical comedy was better than Cena. His dizzy act got a laugh out of me, and I usually HATE the airplane spin spot. His body just lifelessly falling out of the ring...lol

krae_man

Cena and Johnny just buried the entire roster by having Johnny last longer in the CENATF than anyone in the last 10 years, and you're worried about a double finish?

I still can't believe someone ok'd that spot. No one raised a hand and went "This is really fucking stupid, why should the GM be able to handle a submission hold that even Triple H and HBK have tapped out to?"

Very good point. How many times on Raw has an actual WWE Superstar tapped the instant Cena applied the hold. Hell half the time they tap before Cena even touches them.

Even his physical comedy was better than Cena. His dizzy act got a laugh out of me, and I usually HATE the airplane spin spot. His body just lifelessly falling out of the ring...lol

i've really been coming to appreciate Johnny over the last month. i'm very glad that his character wasn't retired last night. we need people like him and Vicky in the business, who can generate heat, who are genuinely funny and who have an understanding of wrestling to the point where they can take the odd bump, or properly time interference.

both started out kind of awkward in their roles, but Johnny seems to be growing into his as well as Vicky did shrinking into hers.

Carnby

In the five months Jericho has been back in the WWE, he has lost every single pay per view. He has also gone through four different angles. 1) Jericho Troll 2) Best in the World 3) CM Drunk 4) WHC title shot

Let's hope his next return is better.

Well to be honest, it is by far one of the shitiest finishing moves ever. Takes ages to set-up and the other wrestler just kinda has to wait for him to take an hour to turn the foe around. It just screams "KICK ME IN THE BACK I'M ABOUT TO KILL YOU FOR REALS."
Oh yeah, I think it's a ridiculous finishing move. Just noting that it was the first time I've seen it over nearly a year of watching.

Khrno

Punk/Bryan was a fantastic match and just as I thought it was going to be, since there was no build, this match was the real build for their feud.

I disagree with those saying that it was supposed to be a double finish, or that Punk botched the tapping. The finish was a fluke win by Punk, and Bryan will bring that out saying that he made Punk tap in the end, and request a rematch. Anyway, the crowd was fantastic during the match.

The only thing that remains to be seen is how badly the PPV did and how will it affect Bryan specially, since Punk is already in a safe place with Vince.

Carnby

Anyone else notice that the CM Punk chants were coming from the children, while the grown men chanted for Bryan? CM Punk = Cena confirmed.

Punk/Bryan was a fantastic match and just as I thought it was going to be, since there was no build, this match was the real build for their feud.

I disagree with those saying that it was supposed to be a double finish, or that Punk botched the tapping. The finish was a fluke win by Punk, and Bryan will bring that out saying that he made Punk tap in the end, and request a rematch. Anyway, the crowd was fantastic during the match.

The only thing that remains to be seen is how badly the PPV did and how will it affect Bryan specially, since Punk is already in a safe place with Vince.

I don't see why it really needs to be a double finish in the first place. But, I do agree with what you said. This match is an excellent way to build up the Punk and Bryan feud. And, we're all sure it's to continue due to AJ stalking Punk. It really was the match of the night, and the crowd was into it too, which worked well.

Anyone else notice that the CM Punk chants were coming from the children, while the grown men chanted for Bryan? CM Punk = Cena confirmed.
oh my

DMczaf

Like someone said earlier:

The difference is, no one sucked.

Punk is still Nu-Cena though. I still can't get over the shock of him having one of those random backstage friends like Cena. Hope was lost that day.

In the five months Jericho has been back in the WWE, he has lost every single pay per view. He has also gone through four different angles. 1) Jericho Troll 2) Best in the World 3) CM Drunk 4) WHC title shot

Sad really, it seems to be predictable nowadays that he is most likely gonna lose a PPV match.

Khrno

Punk is at Orton level now.

Next step for him is to be at Cena level: be hated by 10%ers and main event PPVs.

radcliff

Jericho has stated several times he wants to put over younger talent. He is helping to solidify Punk as a true main eventer.

Watched Punk/Bryan again.

I like that the Cena Gnome buyers were looking at their phones when the match started, but 5 minutes in even their fragile little minds were invested.

Maybe I sold these people short. There is hope.

Sokantish

I really do hope that match does lead to a few more matches between Bryan and Punk. That was a really good match. I actually thought most of the PPV was pretty good, I skipped through bits of the 4 way match, and parts of the final match though

For the first three hour RAW they should have a Fatal Four Way 1 Hour Iron-Man Match

Punk vs Bryan vs Ambrose vs Rollins

This would make me happy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Glad you people are finally appreciating the greatness that is the Miz.

This shit better end with Miz beating down Brodus (who gets FE'd the next night) and then stealing Naomi and Cameron in the process.

Hopefully they just drop that angle though and have him feud with Christian. Cause I'm sick of Cody Rhodes.

Amazing really, they give Tensei the grand honour of defeating Cena in mostly clean fashion and then drop him so fast he hasn't even made it to PPV, meanwhile Funk and Ryback get PPV squash matches.

sajj316

I want Brodus to at least have a 12-15 minute match. Depending on how he works, I'll either support him or not ..

I know Tensai could work a 15 minute match. Ryback can somehow get it done (I think).

Linkified

To be fair, the GM can be overruled by the COO, he can be overruled by the Board. I'm pretty sure he can be overruled by the CEO.

But then again, the COO can be overruled by the GM and I'm prety sure the CEO can overrule the board and the COO probably has some pull over the CEO as he can clearly get him fired via an appeal through the Board. So the Board definatly has control over the CEO and COO both, as the same board remove said COO as Raw GM before as well.

So clearly the power balance in WWE must be as followed.

COO > Board > GM > CEO > Board > COO > Board > CEO > COO > GM > COO.

Yeah, that seems about right.

Exactly matches that determine any notion of power will always be more important and this ain't any new phenomena.

Top Bottom