• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

To be fair, the GM can be overruled by the COO, he can be overruled by the Board. I'm pretty sure he can be overruled by the CEO.

But then again, the COO can be overruled by the GM and I'm prety sure the CEO can overrule the board and the COO probably has some pull over the CEO as he can clearly get him fired via an appeal through the Board. So the Board definatly has control over the CEO and COO both, as the same board remove said COO as Raw GM before as well.

So clearly the power balance in WWE must be as followed.

COO > Board > GM > CEO > Board > COO > Board > CEO > COO > GM > COO.

Yeah, that seems about right.

the board, presumably, don't get to make decisions like match stipulations etc, but the board DO get to judge the job performance of the GM (who manages the Raw talent, match stips etc etc) and they have the power to fire the GM.

so, they could for example say 'we will fire you if you don't do X'. Johnny could still refuse to do X, but he would then get fired himself.

they can't directly tell him what to do with wrestling booking stuff, but they can make it clear to him that not doing a specific thing could get him fired. so the 1 vs 1, anyone who interferes gets fired, etc stuff is presumably all under the threat of him being fired if he doesn't follow it.

Khrno

Grade school would be a step up from Cena insults.

fYQwc.gif

BA★

6039448917_5525bf8aca_large.jpg

Ithil

The crowd is already dead as hell when Ryback and Clay are working 90 second matches.

Just you wait, once Ryback gets to 174-0, then all people will love him and buy merchandise for him and buy tickets to see him and we will be saved.

Khrno

Just you wait, once Ryback gets to 174-0, then all people will love him and buy merchandise for him and buy tickets to see him and we will be saved.

Then he will injure and retire Daniel Bryan, and be jobbed to a returning Kevin Nash in 2014.

So last night was predictable, but do you approve it over having a random swerve that makes no sense?

A tough call really, as I said after the PPV I approve of WWE for sticking to the logical conclusion but this path leads us to Cena/Show yet again, a feud that has always been underwhelming, at a point when interest in WWE is at an all time low this doesn't help at all.

G-Fex

Whyyyyyyy is Vince so fucking protective of Brodus Clay that he can't lose a match or at all.

I bet he won't let The Miz attack or cheap shot that funkasaurus bastard.

Whyyyyyyy is Vince so fucking protective of Brodus Clay that he can't lose a match or at all.

I'm guessing Vince wants to bring back the funky disco genre to the big time and this is the only way he knows how, people will rally behind Brodus and the rebirth shall begin

sajj316

As crazy as it sounds, there are dollar bills in Vince's eyes for at least the house shows. Although his entrance is incredibly dull after seeing it so many times on TV, it seems like a hit for house show attendees. It's Rikishi all over again.

jmdajr

Because BC's entrance is the best in the business.

I still remember Chris masterpiece had a pretty bad ass entrance when he was still juicing it. link
Obviously not as overblown as Brodus but it was pretty cool.

What's are your favorite entrance/s?

No.1 for me? Ultimate Warrior!

or if not no.1 , it's up there.

along with the HHH/DX/Goldust/Brood/Kane/Taker..

I'm sure I have forgotten some by dudes that didn't really got that far.

I give Raw going 3 hours a month before they switch it back to 2 hours. Ratings will tank. The fan interaction thing could be interesting though depending on how far they take it. This probably saved alot of wrestlers from being fired. Impact going live is much more interesting to me.

somedevil

I give Raw going 3 hours a month before they switch it back to 2 hours. Ratings will tank. The fan interaction thing could be interesting though depending on how far they take it. This probably saved alot of wrestlers from being fired. Impact going live is much more interesting to me.

Impact live is going to be interesting because they won't have the seagull pop or boo button during that time. Also, you better watch then because it seems to be a 3 month experiment. If ratings go up then it could go longer, but if the ratings stay the same or go down then its back to being taped.

Impact live is going to be interesting because they won't have the seagull pop or boo button during that time. Also, you better watch then because it seems to be a 3 month experiment. If ratings go up then it could go longer, but if the ratings stay the same or go down then its back to being taped.

Yeah, it's going to be really interesting during the Garret Bischoff and Brooke Hogan segments. Something tells me Brooke Hogan won't be appearing in front of the crowd for a long time. Ratings probably won't change much due to it going live, but it should improve the product since they won't be able to do those quick cuts and edits like they normally do so things will be able to register longer with the viewer. Plus going live week to week they can react quicker to things that aren't working and change them around. Wonder if they will get a 10 min overrun like Raw does?

jmdajr

Sad reading about the trainwreck Flair is. Looks like he's done with TNA:

http://pwinsider.com/article/68635/...y-he-may-never-return-to-the-company.html?p=1

A 60 year old man getting kicked out of bars for acting inappropriate, running up bar tabs without paying, running up debt every, it's nuts. At least he can possibly sell the movie rights to his life over what a trainwreck he's become and get some money to blow.

Sweet. Back to WWE and one step closer to Evolution reunion!

http://pwinsider.com/article/68635/...y-he-may-never-return-to-the-company.html?p=1

A 60 year old man getting kicked out of bars for acting inappropriate, running up bar tabs without paying, running up debt every, it's nuts. At least he can possibly sell the movie rights to his life over what a trainwreck he's become and get some money to blow.

i think the only thing Flair can do to save his finances is move to a country that allows you to have multiple wives and to remarry all his exs.

since that's not going to happen for all sorts of reasons, the poor guy is still going to be forced to live by wrestling, and the life on the road is still going to constantly lead him down the dark paths we're seeing today.

Sadly, they already made that movie and it was called 'The Wrestler'. :(

Good, he belongs with WWE doing commentary on dvds, for the upcoming network, and doing legend appearances. He could even come back and start up and manage a new Horsemen with Bryan, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, and Dolph Ziggler.

somedevil

I find this part of that story funny and sad at the same time:

"Spike TV sources also note that there have also been a number of requests from the network end to keep Flair dressed and not have him "near nude" (i.e., in his wrestling gear) and bleeding at his age on TV. "

Kaladin

There is no Richard Morgan Fliehr, there is only Ric Flair.

jmdajr

You know Flair don't look THAT bad up for his age. I think if he had taken care of himself he would be looking pretty damn good. I don't know if he's going to be hanging around in his 70s if this keeps up.

RBH

Lilian Garcia and Justin Roberts had an argument in front of fans at last night's Over the Limit PPV after Garcia had problems with three ring introductions.

Garcia announced Sheamus' weight as 227 pounds instead of 267 pounds during the Fatal 4-Way match for the World Heavyweight Championship. She announced Hunico as Ryback's opponent just moments after Hunico said it would be Camacho wrestling. Michael Cole said he wasn't surprised by this mistake considering who said it. Garcia then mishandled the introductions for the Intercontinental Championship Match between Cody Rhodes and Christian.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer said on Observer Radio: "Something happened between Lilian Garcia and Justin Roberts where Lilian stormed off—live crowd could see it. And it had something to do with her botching something. It was the ring announcement of the Cody Rhodes/Christian match and they were arguing and she stormed off, I know that."

She recently admitted that she made mistakes on an interview with The Sam Roberts Show. She said that while she gets comments from her co-workers, they don't make fun of her.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tbh, as a ring announcer, you have but one job... If you manage to fuck it up that bad, I can imagine your co-workers getting pissed off.

I had colleague's that just took a piss all over the work I pride myself in, hard to watch and keep silent really.

RBH

It's always amazed me how Lilian Garcia manages to still screw up so often when she's been doing this for 10+ fucking years now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just FYI, this is exactly the face I would make if I got to do this after sitting through yet another 15 minute John Cena Superman Rise Above Promo:

OTL-WWE-Raw-ODT.jpg

Honestly, I don't think anyone cared about those botches.....who can tell Hunico and whats his name apart anyway?

Lawler couldn't. apparently. he barely caught himself in time and managed not to say 'They all look the same'. i don't think he was being racist, i think he just suddenly realised how what he was saying was going to sound.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lawler couldn't. apparently. he barely caught himself in time and managed not to say 'They all look the same'. i don't think he was being racist, i think he just suddenly realised how what he was saying was going to sound.

Lawler is racist as hell. Sexist too.

Dude is so unfit to be on TV it's not even funny anymore.

Top Bottom