• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8#t=609s&fmt=6

vdG6F.jpg

Blood of my blood.
This will not get lost at the bottom.

I just watched Raw, are they censoring the YES chants on live tv?Seriously?

I don't think so. The yes chance were a bit faint, and not many people were shouting them, and any time they broke out they died quick, but I don't think there was any censoring.

Jamie OD

The Chikara Vs Gekido feud is becoming my favorite storyline right now. Part of the reason is because it reminds me of some fantasy booking I did years ago that involved similar luchador doppelganger ideas but it is also because Chikara has been able to use its own continuity to tie everything together in ways you don't expect.

For example, in a recent blog on the Chikara website, Quack says he recognises some of the copycats as "Jose and the two Franks", three students who dropped out of the Chikara school. What's so great about that you ask? Three years earlier, Jose and the two Franks were namedropped by Quack during a promo where he talked about all the people over the years who never graduated from the school. The fact that Quack and Chikara can take a simple line from a three year old promo and inject it into their big ongoing storyline is a huge breath of fresh air compared to WWE and TNA constantly forgetting or ignoring what they do a week earlier on a regular basis.

Long story short, buy the Chikara iPPV this weekend.

Great post Jamie, and I concur, CHIKARA's approach to long term booking is so refreshing compared to the hastily rewritten, rehashed and regurgitated nonsense on RAW - for instance, it's remarkable that the seeds for UltraMantis Black's current situation with Delirious were sown five years ago and that CHIKARA have managed to keep a storyline interesting and relevant over such a long period, when WWE often can't even do that week from week.

Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur - June 2nd - $14.99

izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

Five of CHIKARA's Finest Wage War on GEKIDO!
iGHHUl0mIXLLm.jpg

Lucha de Apuesta: Mask vs. Hair!
iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

Ladder Match!
LOAsQ.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

Loser Leaves Town!
iG1prbYizuFPy.jpg

G-Fex

Well Mr. Macmahon had done it, WWE had won it
with Daniel Bryan, yes'ing all the while, Zack Ryder's tragic burial made us smile
While Brodus Clay laid unconscious at the ringside for a damn good while.

We're talking Mondaaaaaaay Raw, from Maine to San Diego
We're talking Mondaaaaaaay Raw, Otunga and Del Rio
Brock Lesnar's no showing at Raw, Alex Riley and his run in with a wall.
We're talking huuuuuuunnnnnerrrr
Cena and The Rock.

We're talking Mondaaaaaaay Raw, from Maine to San Diego
We're talking Mondaaaaaaay Raw, Otunga and Del Rio
Brock Lesnar's no showing at Raw, Alex Riley and his run in with a wall.
We're talking huuuuuuunnnnnerrrr
Cena and The Rock.

Aiii

So not worth it
So was it just me or was Raw actually good this week?

Might be I'm biased due to all the AJ goodness that they managed to pack in this week.

Izick

CM Punk makes every single RAW he's in entertaining.

I can't remember the last time I've been actually excited to see a Smackdown either. I'm going to try and avoid spoilers about the WWE title match as well. There's no way Punk loses it though on SD....hopefully not.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sure it did Aiii, you couldn't begin to imagine what lurks in AJ's deck of cards.

Excellent!

Also... From this week forward I want Ron Simmons to come back to weekly television. His sole purpose will be to stand behind AJ every week and yell DAMN! at regular intervals.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Has Spindashing cut a mean promo yet on how he has defeated the mightiest force from the other side of the Sports Entertainment coin and how he will fight whoever GFex puts infront of him legit kill any and all challengers as he serpentines his way to the championship belt? If not he probably deserves to be in our thread.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's many things I liked about last nights Raw. Using the Funkasaurus in a storyline for once is a good thing. Big Show giving a legitimate reason for his heel turn, indeed. No Cena aside from stupid video packages about US Troops was good. Bryan vs. Punk was awesomely good. AJ. AJ. AJ and more AJ, always good. Ziggler finally going on without Swagger and Vicki, very good. Orton transitioning to a Miz feud because of Jericho's suspension, less good. Santino as US Champ getting squashed, less good.

But overall, good.

Kyoufu

CM Punk makes every single RAW he's in entertaining.

I can't remember the last time I've been actually excited to see a Smackdown either. I'm going to try and avoid spoilers about the WWE title match as well. There's no way Punk loses it though on SD....hopefully not.

He's STILL the only reason to watch WWE.

Well, I guess Bryan is now a good reason too but I've been watching it for Punk for a long time now. He's just so good. The problem is Vince is awful and so are the writers.

Dead Man

There's many things I liked about last nights Raw. Using the Funkasaurus in a storyline for once is a good thing. Big Show giving a legitimate reason for his heel turn, indeed. No Cena aside from stupid video packages about US Troops was good. Bryan vs. Punk was awesomely good. AJ. AJ. AJ and more AJ, always good. Ziggler finally going on without Swagger and Vicki, very good. Orton transitioning to a Miz feud because of Jericho's suspension, less good. Santino as US Champ getting squashed, less good.

But overall, good.

Pretty much.

You know what was actually great about Raw last night? the fact that Wrasslegafs most popular superstars all shared the same segment, if anything this should be a joyous time for us all to come together. Kane and AJ latching onto the Bryan and Punk feud is genius I tell you.
Kane even has the decency to wait until you've got the full Bryan/Punk match before interfering.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what was actually great about Raw last night? the fact that Wrasslegafs most popular superstars all shared the same segment, if anything this should be a joyous time for us all to come together. Kane and AJ latching onto the Bryan and Punk feud is genius I tell you.
Kane even has the decency to wait until you've got the full Bryan/Punk match before interfering.

He took those AJ-sponsored chair shots like a boss. I was most impressed, I must say. Such a team player.

bart jr

Neo Member
Chikarasaurus Rex

Oh this is that Bingo Hall, Tilt-A-Whirl, Razmaztaz Wrestling federation right? I'll pass...

All joking aside, I'm extremely excited for this iPPV. I plan on having a viewing party at my place just like I do for all the other PPVs.

I also completely agree with Aiii's thoughts on Raw. There was a lot of good stuff during last night's Raw, it's just unfortunate that we still have so much crap to wade through to find it.

DKehoe

Can someone give me a rundown of what's been happening in Chikara this season? I kept meaning to catch up but haven't managed to at all really. Still want to order the iPPV though.

Can someone give me a rundown of what's been happening in Chikara this season? I kept meaning to catch up but haven't managed to at all really. Still want to order the iPPV though.

Well, the main storylines going into the iPPV are;

. Archie's continued losing streak caused Veronica to abandon him and turn her affections towards Mr. Touchdown, and as a result The Leader of the Band transformed into Mixed Martial Archie in an attempt to win Veronica back. At a recent press conference called by Archie, Cabana interrupted and, despite being Archie's opponent in the past, agreed to team with Archie against The Throwbacks of Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown, stating that he also has issues with Mr. Touchdown.

. After Delirious destroyed the Eye of Tyr and became free once more, he swore revenge on UltraMantis Black, but that was just the beginning of UltraMantis's problems as after the insidious snake Ophidian turned on his Osirian Portal team-mates and consumed their souls, he turned his attention to UltraMantis Black, stealing UMB's staff of power in an attempt to prove himself the most devious in CHIKARA.

. To secure his permanent return to CHIKARA Gran Akuma has had to complete a trials series of matches, which culminates on iPPV against his former F.I.S.T. team-mate Icarus in a ladder match.

. Hallowicked and Tim Donst continue their feud after Hallowicked stole Tim Donst's Young Lion Cup Trophy, causing Tim Donst to go even more crazy than usual and goad Hallowicked into a Mask vs Hair match to prove who is the greatest Young Lions Cup champion ever.

. The mysterious group GEKIDO invaded CHIKARA earlier this year, causing chaos for some of CHIKARA's top stars. Generally thought to be disgruntled ex-students who failed to graduate from the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory, The Swarm of combANT, deviANT & assailANT have repeatedly attacked The Colony, The Shard has gone after Jigsaw as well as foolishly raising the ire of CHIKARA Grand Champion Eddie Kingston, while 17, master of seventeen long-forgotten submission holds, has attempted to end the career of Mike Quackenbush, the master of 1000 holds, and now all 10 men face off on iPPV this Saturday, June 2nd.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still can't make it through one sentence without botching his lines though.

I can understand why he was so popular in Japan, they're English is about is incomprehensible as Johnny Ace's is.

As long as they keep him in short segments like this I love the character, but long promo's like with Cena, please don't.

DKehoe

Well, the main storylines going into the iPPV are;

. Archie's continued losing streak caused Veronica to abandon him and turn her affections towards Mr. Touchdown, and as a result The Leader of the Band transformed into Mixed Martial Archie in an attempt to win Veronica back. At a recent press conference called by Archie, Cabana interrupted and, despite being Archie's opponent in the past, agreed to team with Archie against The Throwbacks of Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown, stating that he also has issues with Mr. Touchdown.

. After Delirious destroyed the Eye of Tyr and became free once more, he swore revenge on UltraMantis Black, but that was just the beginning of UltraMantis's problems as after the insidious snake Ophidian turned on his Osirian Portal team-mates and consumed their souls, he turned his attention to UltraMantis Black, stealing UMB's staff of power in an attempt to prove himself the most devious in CHIKARA.

. To secure his permanent return to CHIKARA Gran Akuma has had to complete a trials series of matches, which culminates on iPPV against his former F.I.S.T. team-mate Icarus in a ladder match.

. Hallowicked and Tim Donst continue their feud after Hallowicked stole Tim Donst's Young Lion Cup Trophy, causing Tim Donst to go even more crazy than usual and goad Hallowicked into a Mask vs Hair match to prove who is the greatest Young Lions Cup champion ever.

. The mysterious group GEKIDO invaded CHIKARA earlier this year, causing chaos for some of CHIKARA's top stars. Generally thought to be disgruntled ex-students who failed to graduate from the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory, The Swarm of combANT, deviANT & assailANT have repeatedly attacked The Colony, The Shard has gone after Jigsaw as well as foolishly raising the ire of CHIKARA Grand Champion Eddie Kingston, while 17, master of seventeen long-forgotten submission holds, has attempted to end the career of Mike Quackenbush, the master of 1000 holds, and now all 10 men face off on iPPV this Saturday, June 2nd.

Thanks! Looking forward to the iPPV. Hope we can get a decent sized group on here watching it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It truly is a wonderful time for us all. I wonder if they all hang out in the back, and take pictures?

June Wrasslin |OT| Kane Thread? YES! YES! YES!
Now, that's what I'm talking about!

This was so damn awkward. Thank God, Kane is so damn cool.

Ugh, Cole is so bad at his job. Doesn't commentate on the current match to recap shit that happened 5 minutes ago, and sucks at being a suck heel for Johnny. Just no fucking good.
Cole's been great the past few weeks, outside of being a total Big Johnny apologist. It's like he's given up calling people nerds and just pretty much called matches. They make him talk about shit that happened five minutes ago. But he's been pretty funny at times as well.

I hated Cole for the longest time but he's getting back into my good graces.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ugh, Cole is so bad at his job. Doesn't commentate on the current match to recap shit that happened 5 minutes ago, and sucks at being a suck heel for Johnny. Just no fucking good.
The "ignore the match, and recap" is something the WWE has done for years. JR used to ignore it for the longest, and try to focus on the match, but Cole always does that. I don't blame him, though, it's what Vince demands.

Dead Man

Cole's been great the past few weeks, outside of being a total Big Johnny apologist. It's like he's given up calling people nerds and just pretty much called matches. They make him talk about shit that happened five minutes ago. But he's been pretty funny at times as well.

I hated Cole for the longest time but he's getting back into my good graces.

The "ignore the match, and recap" is something the WWE has done for years. JR used to ignore it for the longest, and try to focus on the match, but Cole always does that. I don't blame him, though, it's what Vince demands.

Fair enough, still shits me to see it happen.

The 2nd possible challenger for the tv title in TNA has been revealed.

c9b36217718a1a9791a8083795e7a589_L.jpg

One challenger is revealed each day and then starting at noon Thursday fan voting will open up to pick the challenger.

Top Bottom