• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Key features for WWE 13

THQ press release said:
KEY FEATURES

WWE LIVE™ – Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio and presentation system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame

THE ATTITUDE IS BACK – Return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history – a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution – through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed television "Monday Night Wars," including WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

WWE UNIVERSE 3.0 – Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE Champion

PREDATOR TECHNOLOGY™ 2.0 – Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its predecessors

CREATE + SHARE – Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, entrances, arenas, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more, as well as share and download creations with others from around the world

DISTINGUISHED ROSTER – Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry

SURPRISES IN STORE – Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises

evil ways

Updated old features built upon the same shit, 13 year old engine. But now with more canned animations and cutscenes that will never get old.

I hope THQ goes bankrupt before release.

Updated old features built upon the same shit, 13 year old engine. But now with more canned animations and cutscenes that will never get old.

I hope THQ goes bankrupt before release.

Yep. It's like the ring break and barricade breaking. You know it's only going to happen in cut scenes in story mode.

jmdajr

Would I enjoy this game as a new playe?. I dont have a single WWE game.

It's funny I love the NFL and WWE but I don't find football or wrestling games appealing.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So they're doing a road to wrestlemania mode again from 1999 where you can go wrestle for wcw instead of wwf?

lol

Would I enjoy this game as a new playe?. I dont have a single WWE game.

It's funny I love the NFL and WWE but I don't find football or wrestling games appealing.

That's because WWE and football videogames have sucked for years. The last truly great WWE game came out in 2005, the last great Smackdown engine game came out in 2003, and the best WWE game overall came out in 2000. The last great NFL game came out in 2004 and EA promptly secured exclusive rights to NFL games ensuring we'd never see another NFL2K.

Yeah, WWE All Stars, whatever. Not a good enough package to consider "great." People are starved for a good wrestling game and put it on a pedestal.

Heel

June Wrasslin |OT| brock lesner is sucks must be fire from the sports.

Include a compilation of greatest hits from the WWE.com comments section.

jmdajr

That's because WWE and football videogames have sucked for years. The last truly great WWE game came out in 2005, the last great Smackdown engine game came out in 2003, and the best WWE game overall came out in 2000. The last great NFL game came out in 2004 and EA promptly secured exclusive rights to NFL games ensuring we'd never see another NFL2K.

Yeah, WWE All Stars, whatever. Not a good enough package to consider "great." People are starved for a good wrestling game and put it on a pedestal.

I remember liking this. Played it at a friend's house.

Ultimate_Muscle_Legends_vs_New_Generation_Cover.png

I remember liking this. Played it at a friend's house.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Ultimate_Muscle_Legends_vs_New_Generation_Cover.png[/MG][/QUOTE]
Kevin Mask was my favorite character.

dMP 4 Life

So yeah, more cutscenes for your WWE Universe matches. Great. Also a working Community Creations server isn't a key feature?

Hopefully the story mode is packed with more gems like [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL47CCB5C276E9422D&feature=player_detailpage&v=weXJyP5JYJk#t=663s"]Sheamus crawling to the ring[/URL] or [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0jmB6foGV7M#t=185s"]Triple H no-selling a powerbomb onto the floor by his buddy Kevin Nash.[/URL]

jmdajr

Kane has paid his due for the |OT|
Plus he's currently in a storyline with it's two "hottest" stars. ...And that AJ girl.

Come SummerSlam I expect Mr. H's to be back on top. And if you want to include that Bork Laser guy, I guess it's ok.

NawidA

Banned
Good Raw episode. I'm surprised no one caught the racist remark Lawler made about AJ.

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for some of you guys to ever like the product unless your favorite Diva's or Knockouts give you all BJs.

Oh and I was kind of hoping for AJ to be a Kane fan after that segment.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good Raw episode. I'm surprised no one caught the racist remark Lawler made about AJ.

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible for some of you guys to ever like the product unless your favorite Diva's or Knockouts give you all BJs.

Because it's okay to like certain wrestlers, but not to like certain female wrestlers?

AJ is hot, maybe the best actress in wrestling atm and a good wrestler to boot. If anything, everyone should mark the f out everytime she's on TV! Clearly!

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh? When did I say that?

If that's not the case then I really need further definition on this line:

Because if wrestling is not about watching certain wrestlers you like I'm not really sure what it's about.

Dead Man

Missed it, what was it?

jmdajr

The product has problems sure, but if you don't take it so serious it's easier to enjoy/tolerate. Of course if not taking it seriously is not an option, people can always quit watching. If you are literally feeling angry maybe it's time to stop. But I think people stick around because they like the community and have fun laughing at (not with) the content. I think it's like mystery science theater to them. So hey, you can't change people so just come out here and state how you feel. Just be honest. Like personally I'm not for all the mark hate. I mean it's not like being a smark is making you any cooler. It's one big silly nerd bowl. We can have fun without that in my opinion.

edit: Racist remark? Enlighten me.

Khrno

Just watched Raw, it was better than previous weeks. I mean, it was great:

- No Cena
- Hot AJ
- Bryan and Punk with another great match
- Bryan defeating Punk
- No Cena
- Bryan working Punk's left arm the whole match, beautiful
- Hot AJ
- Kane/Bryan/Punk/Chair
- Brodus Clay got destroyed, thank you Big Show.
- Hot AJ
- REVOLUTION!
- No Cena
- YES! YES YES!
- Hot AJ

1338266026950.gif

Anth0ny

I'll wait for them to ditch the current roster altogether and release WWE Attitude 2014 with an all Attitude era roster next year.

You know it's coming.

rvd2kewl

The 2nd possible challenger for the tv title in TNA has been revealed.

c9b36217718a1a9791a8083795e7a589_L.jpg

One challenger is revealed each day and then starting at noon Thursday fan voting will open up to pick the challenger.

Whoever wins hopefully will get the title. I can tolerate Devon as a tag wrestler, but he does nothing for me as a singles performer. Ideally it'd be someone like AJ Styles since the title has to be defended every week, but I doubt they would do that with him and Kurt involved in the tag title picture right now. Hell, give it to Jeff Hardy. It'd be an idea for him that's something different and now you're promising a top guy on the program every week.

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh? When did I say that?

If that's not the case then I really need further definition on this line:

Because if wrestling is not about watching certain wrestlers you like I'm not really sure what it's about.

jmdajr

Kane needs to get with Chris Jericho and do his workout regiment.
Those Hellfire and Brimstone family BBQs are taking it's toll.

Whoever wins hopefully will get the title. I can tolerate Devon as a tag wrestler, but he does nothing for me as a singles performer. Ideally it'd be someone like AJ Styles since the title has to be defended every week, but I doubt they would do that with him and Kurt involved in the tag title picture right now. Hell, give it to Jeff Hardy. It'd be an idea for him that's something different and now you're promising a top guy on the program every week.

If Jeff Hardy is one of the choices he definitely wins. Otherwise I have to think RVD is winning the shot. I actually like the Jeff Hardy idea as it does get their biggest draw on tv every week, but I doubt they will put him in this. Actually surprised they put Anderson in it. Also wouldn't mind seeing Austin Aries in it and winning making him a dual champion.

Top Bottom