• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

jmdajr

A broken arm healed in 3 weeks?!

He's not Super Cena for nothing.

My all time favorite sell I think is when Earthquake squashed Hogan. Heck the Hulkster was gone for months. Granted he was out shooting a movie, but back then it wasn't as easily known. Hell I sent him a get well card, and got a thank you card back! If I ever find it I'll scan it. It was mass produced but it was still awesome as fuck to get one. My young self was happy.

Time for a HHH get well card :)

hertog

Just watched Extreme rules.

Man did that ppv piss me off. Great matches, awful results.

Cena beating Lesnar:
Nice job in destroying Brock's character. It was unnecessary and just plain bad booking.

Cena v2.0 beating Daniel Bryan:
Bryan is over, so yeah Sheamus must win clean while remaining boring as hell.

Jericho vs. Punk
Great "feud". Jericho has lost all his matches since he returned except when he faced Kofi Kingston

Kyoufu

WWE would have been a better place if Brock didn't leave with the jewels in 2004.

Damn you Brock... :(

Cena v2.0 beating Daniel Bryan:
Bryan is over, so yeah Sheamus must win clean while remaining boring as hell.

Think about it. Daniel Bryan is now on RAW as the #1 contender for the title. Sure, he won't be champ any time soon, but Vince acknowledges that he is over and has put him on RAW.

This is a good thing.

Think about it. Daniel Bryan is now on RAW as the #1 contender for the title. Sure, he won't be champ any time soon, but Vince acknowledges that he is over and has put him on RAW.

This is a good thing.

You people sure can make lemonade out of toxic waste.

Brinbe

Christ, that Brock shit is insane.... I know we all joke/speculate, but it's really 5 million flushed down the tubes in order to get Cena further over. That is really some quintessential WCW there.

Kyoufu

Christ, that Brock shit is insane.... I know we all joke/speculate, but it's really 5 million flushed down the tubes in order to get Cena further over. That is really some quintessential WCW there.

I don't think you realise how much Vince hates Brock for leaving with the jewels.

Brock won't win a match.

jmdajr

It's all extremely unfortunate if true. Coming in my biggest concern was whether Brock could still work a match. How difficult would he be to work with? After Sunday I felt my questions were answered and I felt pretty positive going forward. Now we have a whole other set of problems...

UberTag

I never joke about Vince McMahon. This is just the stuff that gets out in public. If anything, it's actually a far worse situation than we make it out to be. And there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

I also imagine most of the people working there fully understand that.

The whole backstage Brock/Cena/worked shoot/whatever the hell is a blessing IMO. Way more interesting than what actually happened at the PPV. If we're all just gonna "take what we can get," then bring on the backstage shenanigans, meltdowns, train wrecks, and controversy. John Cena being outed as a jerk would be the greatest thing since Punk's shoot.

krae_man

Also, it seems that what most of us thought on Sunday was wrong.

We thought cena WAS going to take some time off.

So now we know:

#1: Brock was all business, selling the chain hit like Bob Backlund selling Diesel's jackknife powerbomb, crawling all the way to back.

#2: Cena's not actually hurt or taking any time off. Might be willing to forgive the speech if it turned out Cena was going to take time off to sell the injuries he received from brock, but nope, seems that isn't the case. Instead brock's the one on the shelf.

It's like they pulled the rug out from under him on the entire finish, and his professionalism just makes him look like the weaker guy in hindsight.

This isn't even a case of paranoia about a guy going out like what happened with the Montreal Screwjob, this is just straight up shitting on a guy in his return match.

Like I said before Vince paid $5 million to give Dana White a giant fuck you.

krae_man

Aren't Dana White and Vince buddies? I thought I read that somewhere.

So were he and Ted Turner.

Still doesn't change the fact the entire point of Bringing Brock back was to do a WWE>UFC angle. Having the WWE come out on top in the end was always going to be the finish. Making UFC look pathetic from day one is the fuck you part.

UberTag

Like I said before Vince paid $5 million to give Dana White a giant fuck you.
It's much more than that.
Vince paid $5 million to give MMA fans a giant fuck you.
His circus is the only circus that matters, damn it.
And in his circus Vince himself lives out his deluded boyhood fantasies as John Cena himself.
Vince thinks he is John Cena the character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Good job Vince, all of this swerving makes me not want to watch Raw anymore. Feels like they're just trying to shake off the internet fans with all of this.

I hope for 2.0s very soon.

UberTag

Good job Vince, all of this swerving makes me not want to watch Raw anymore. Feels like they're just trying to shake off the internet fans with all of this.

I hope for 2.0s very soon.
Don't count on it. The 3.0 barrier is pretty much where the Little Jimmy demographic and occasional overflow hardcore audience lies. We may see some 2.8s or 2.9s during the summer lull and when a really nice Monday Night football matchup is scheduled but otherwise?

I'd say the stock price is more compelling to watch. Especially with Vince outright lying during shareholder meetings and being exposed as deluded.

At the end of the day, though... the WWE is the only "viable" wrestling product in town which affords Vince the opportunity to run his business like a complete lunatic without facing any repercussions whatsoever. Wrestling fans are drug addicts so they'll keep coming back to him for their fix no matter how shitty his product.

ROH have just released 'Go 2 Sleep' The Best of KENTA in Ring of Honor;

iUWk0HfwVn3Nx.jpg

Disc 1
1. KENTA (c) vs. Low Ki (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match) - Final Battle 2005
2. KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe - Best in the World 3/25/06
3. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe - In Your Face 6/17/06
4. KENTA vs. Austin Aries - Chi-Town Struggle 6/24/06
5. KENTA vs. Davey Richards - Fight of the Century 8/5/06
6. Bryan Danielson (c) vs KENTA (ROH World Title Match) - Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06
7. KENTA vs. Matt Sydal - The Bitter End 11/4/06

Disc 2
1. KENTA vs. Rocky Romero - United We Stand 6/22/07
2. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson - Driven 6/23/07
3. Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs KENTA (GHC Heavyweight Title Match) - Glory By Honor VI Night 2 11/3/07
4. KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima - Tokyo Summit 9/14/08
5. KENTA vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match) - 7th Anniversary Show 3/21/09
6. KENTA vs. Davey Richards (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match) - Supercard of Honor IV 4/3/09
7. KENTA & Tyler Black vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Austin Aries - Take No Prisoners 2009 4/4/09
8. KENTA vs. Tyler Black - End of an Age 6/27/09

http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/kenta-go-2-sleep-2-disc-set - $19.99

Damn, that's a great set - ROH has been on fire with these 'best of' collections recently. Probably going to wait for a sale before picking this up though.

jmdajr

Punk needs to ditch GTS and use the Straight Edge Stunner.

Never been a fan of the GTS. I remember getting a little heat for saying it wasn't a good finisher a year ago or so but it seems I hear more people admitting it now. Straight Edge Stunner? Works for me!
Then have some Pepsi afterwards!

is there Caffeine free Pepsi?

Bowser

Never been a fan of the GTS. I remember getting a little heat for saying it wasn't a good finisher a year ago or so but it seems I hear more people admitting it now. Straight Edge Stunner? Works for me!
Then have some Pepsi afterwards!

is there Caffeine free Pepsi?

150px-Caffeine_Free_Pepsi_Can.gif

Novid

Banned
Don't count on it. The 3.0 barrier is pretty much where the Little Jimmy demographic and occasional overflow hardcore audience lies. We may see some 2.8s or 2.9s during the summer lull and when a really nice Monday Night football matchup is scheduled but otherwise?

I'd say the stock price is more compelling to watch. Especially with Vince outright lying during shareholder meetings and being exposed as deluded.

At the end of the day, though... the WWE is the only "viable" wrestling product in town which affords Vince the opportunity to run his business like a complete lunatic without facing any repercussions whatsoever. Wrestling fans are drug addicts so they'll keep coming back to him for their fix no matter how shitty his product.

well thats the only hope now - a share holder revolt.

as for the little jimmies, they grow up. they always do.

hertog

I still can't get over it. Brock was so awesome in that match, and it only took a punch and an AA to beat him.

This was dumber than the fingerpoke of doom. Brock's character is now ruined and Cena's remains boring and stale.

Kaladin

I think if it wasn't for Punk vs Bryan, I may be done with WWE for a while......but they have two of my favorite wrestlers so I have to watch some of their product at least.

jmdajr

I still can't get over it. Brock was so awesome in that match, and it only took a (metal chain) punch and an AA to beat him.

This was dumber than the fingerpoke of doom. Brock's character is now ruined and Cena's remains boring and stale.

Come on now... lets not get carried away.

I still can't get over it. Brock was so awesome in that match, and it only took a punch and an AA to beat him.

granted he was jumping into a metal chain covered punch then AA's on steal steps. Its a fluke victory like in those old sports movies.

Toki767

This is a good thing.

If you really think about it. No heel has ever jumped from Smackdown to Raw without being buried or losing what got them over in the first place.

UberTag

But more people were cheering and applauding for Cena at the end of that PPV in Chicago and booing the hell out of Johnny Ace last night. That means these were all GOOD ideas in the WWE's mind. Because Cena isn't getting more boos than his competition. We're finally being won over. We're cheering the man. Let's all cheer for John Cena!

They don't give a shit about Daniel Bryan. They probably let Punk choose his opponent since they don't give a shit about this ppv. Remember when he faced Ziggler at the Rumble 3 months ago? Look at Ziggler now.

But more people were cheering and applauding for Cena at the end of that PPV in Chicago and booing the hell out of Johnny Ace last night. That means these were all GOOD ideas in the WWE's mind. Because Cena isn't getting more boos than his competition. We're finally being won over. We're cheering the man. Let's all cheer for John Cena!

I love how selfless he is. He's such a strong character with great dignity. He beat Brock fair and square even though he was UFC champion. That should tell you something about John Cena and WWE as a whole.

Bowser

They don't give a shit about Daniel Bryan. They probably let Punk choose his opponent since they don't give a shit about this ppv. Remember when he faced Ziggler at the Rumble 3 months ago? Look at Ziggler now.

As much as this may be true, and as much as both titles have now fallen to mid-card status underneath Cena, it's still pretty amazing to realize that DB has been directly involved with the World title/WWE title storylines for the past, what, 6 months now?

krae_man

The Raw Money in the Bank winner is fucked. No way they have a snowballs chance in hell of getting near the main event for over a year. Then again I guess they could have Cena win it.

Kaladin

Daniel Bryan isn't Dolph Ziggler. Please don't let Daniel Bryan be Dolph Ziggler.

Bowser

Monday, news broke that The Miz would be the lead in WWE's "The Marine 3." The announcement got leaked yesterday which forced WWE to put out a press release. They originally weren't going to annouce it for several weeks.

According to PWInsider.com, CM Punk was going to be the lead in the film but Vince McMahon wouldn't allow that as he felt CM Punk is too valuable to take off the road to film. The filming will begin June 11th in Vancouver and will take 20 days.

Randy Orton was originally set to star in the film but his questionable military background caused WWE to pull him from the role. McMahon nixed the idea of CM Punk because of his status on WWE programming which now brings us to The Miz.

I think it's kind of amazing that, according to this, Vince sees Punk as more valuable to the company than Orton.

thefro

wow, Cena's seriously the new Hogan now.

Except Hogan would have actually sold after the match because he knew the rematch would make him big $$$ (and that he'd get put over again by Lesnar). Cena acting fine and cutting a promo was stupid on both levels.

Cole by himself = surprisingly good.
I hate to say it, but Cole's been pretty good the past few times I've watched. He did a really good job on Extreme Rules, in my opinion. He's been good ever since Wrestlemania. Glad to see his change and improvement.

BTW, I was at Banker's Life Fieldhouse for the Pacers game. After we won, there were fans in my area doing the D Bry YES chant. It made my heart glad.

ghostmind

The difference is that Hogan cares about money, while Cena cares about himself.

Not to get too tinfoil-hat on this, but I am really starting to wonder now how far of a work that Cena's character is, and whether he really gives a crap about his fans, or whether this has been one long con from a family of carnies.

Yeah remember when Vince got pissed with all the YES chants and try to get rid of it?

Oh wait..

Bryan has been in the main event for about 6 months now. I'm sure a lot of wrestlers would love that kind of hate.

UberTag

I hate to say it, but Cole's been pretty good the past few times I've watched. He did a really good job on Extreme Rules, in my opinion. He's been good ever since Wrestlemania. Glad to see his change and improvement.
Cole has stepped up his game due to being allowed to be a face commentator largely to put Cena over.

Vince used to be obsessed equally with using both Cena and Cole as his on-screen product puppets but the focus has solely been on Cena of late which means Cole can actually be left alone to do his job... at least until it's time to humiliate Jim Ross again.

Everyone does their job better without Vince interference. Even Michael Cole.

So whats next for Randy? Maybe a feud with a new wrestler?
We'll find out tonight. I suspect we'll be seeing Cesaro, Sandow and Ambrose all given a fair amount of Smackdown push shortly. In that order.
(
All this means is that Orton will be feuding with Drew McIntyre.
)

Top Bottom