• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Less then six months ago, Punk and Laurinaitis opened up Raw with a promo, the same as this week. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvFJ2dQ8Hs

We all know that they have dropped the ball on what Punk could have been last summer, but look at how great this was as recently as the end of November. The things Punk says feels natural and the back and forth between him and Laurinaitis was leagues better. Punk is now overly scripted to the point that he makes Cena look hardcore and the sad thing is, that's probably just how the WWE likes it. Pathetic.

No Kane, no gain, what a spectacularly uneventful Raw.
Interest is plummeting, we need another false hope giving moment like Nexus or Punk's shoot and we need it now!

I refuse to watch raw until Lord Tensai is released.

Of all the reasons to stop watching watching Raw. Like WWE Creative™ is suddenly going to smarten up once Tensai-sama ICHIBAN is released.

You people and your love of Future Endeavored. Bloodthirsty jackals.

Ithil

161716_100001027149211_428721687_n.jpg

Watch out world, this guy's got a quiff. You don't stand a chance.

Striker

I would have hoped it gets a 3.0 or less, but you guys keep tuning in!

Less then six months ago, Punk and Laurinaitis opened up Raw with a promo, the same as this week. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvFJ2dQ8Hs

We all know that they have dropped the ball on what Punk could have been last summer, but look at how great this was as recently as the end of November. The things Punk says feels natural and the back and forth between him and Laurinaitis was leagues better. Punk is now overly scripted to the point that he makes Cena look hardcore and the sad thing is, that's probably just how the WWE likes it. Pathetic.
Eh, even then I felt the storyline was so rash and monotonous. It needed something. It just severely lacked a piece of importance, or any relative substance that made me say, "Shoot, I need to watch this!". None of that happened. The product as a whole has been shit for years. Even in the past year they've dropped the ball on: Rock's return, Brock Lesnar's return, CM Punk's "main event" boom, a decent Christian World Title run, destroyed any semblance of a tag division, and NONE of the titles have any prestige. At least in the awful, awful year of 2008 they had a decent tag division (compared to today's).

I just noticed, Kofi was drafted to RAW from ECW in the 2008 WWE Draft. It's been FOUR YEARS of non-stop foolery with his booking and place in the card. Pathetic.

sajj316

So this many rewrites for the show they displayed last night?

- Heyman was a pleasant surprise but in today's WWE, unless it's a Philadelphia, Chicago, or New York ... you don't come out until promo'd or hyped. Punk's tweet was actually smart since it'll get the smarks to tune in. Way to not generate crowd heat.

- Punk and Tensai to close the show was an odd choice. Tensai is not a proven ratings draw at all. Daniel Bryan was added to the match during the ring entrance which means those Daniel Bryan fans probably had no idea he was going to be in the match. Another decision to lose viewership.

- Where is Dean Ambrose? Get this man on the main roster already whether it be Raw or Smackdown. I want this feud with Foley to happen.

- Can it be more evident of the E's lack of confidence in Del Rio. If you're going to be all in, be all in. Making it a 4 way now due to one match on Raw?

So this many rewrites for the show they displayed last night?

- Heyman was a pleasant surprise but in today's WWE, unless it's a Philadelphia, Chicago, or New York ... you don't come out until promo'd or hyped. Punk's tweet was actually smart since it'll get the smarks to tune in. Way to not generate crowd heat.

- Punk and Tensai to close the show was an odd choice. Tensai is not a proven ratings draw at all. Daniel Bryan was added to the match during the ring entrance which means those Daniel Bryan fans probably had no idea he was going to be in the match. Another decision to lose viewership.

- Where is Dean Ambrose? Get this man on the main roster already whether it be Raw or Smackdown. I want this feud with Foley to happen.

- Can it be more evident of the E's lack of confidence in Del Rio. If you're going to be all in, be all in. Making it a 4 way now due to one match on Raw?

I would scratch Philadelphia.

They havent had a decent crowd there in 5 + years.

UK and canada shows always have good crowds. Shame Vince hates Canada.

UberTag

UK and canada shows always have good crowds. Shame Vince hates Canada.
Vince hates Canada largely due to those very same crowds.
He'd rather tape in front of a half-empty arena full of redneck hicks who misspell their signs than a jam-packed house in Toronto or Montreal because HE can largely control how they react.

And, to be honest, the passionate Canadian wrestling fan has largely moved on to UFC.
Ratings have dropped far more drastically north of the border than they have to the south of it.

You go to the one house show Toronto gets each year and you'll largely see a sea of Cena-loving Jimmies and their parents.
The smart fans have wisely jumped ship.

Kaladin

ROH is finally releasing a DVD I have been asking for since I have known about the company.....

In June of 2004, Samoa Joe was in the midst of a legendary ROH World Title run. Having captured the belt in March of 2003, his reign had recently eclipsed the one year mark and having already defeated numerous challengers, there was no end in sight for the dominant champion. Enter: CM Punk…

What happened on June 12, 2004 in Ohio would come to be known as “World Title Classic” and that bout between Joe & Punk would mark the beginning of a trilogy of matches that have become legendary. From Dayton to Chicago to New Jersey, these two warriors gave everything they had, their blood, sweat, and tears, for the right to be called ROH World Champion.

This is the definitive collection of the Samoa Joe/CM Punk Trilogy….

Disc 1 features all three of the ROH World Title matches from ‘World Title Classic’ on 6/12/04, “Joe Vs. Punk II” from 10/16/04, and the decisive finale at “All Star Extravaganza II” on 12/4/04.

Disc 2 features the highly demanded re-release of “Straight Shootin’ with Samoa Joe & CM Punk”!

Originally filmed back on March 10, 2005, Joe & Punk sat down with the ROH cameras to discuss not only that historic trilogy of matches but also share their stories about their life as professional wrestlers. The result was one of the most entertaining interviews ever that is a must for every true fan of ROH, and wrestling in general. With hilarious stories from their days traveling on the road, the two men discuss their experience with everyone from Colt Cabana to AJ Styles to Christopher Daniels and many others. They take a look at their experiences working for various independent promotions and truly bring you into their experiences as independent wrestlers. And of course, Punk and Joe go in-depth about their famous trilogy. You'll hear about everything that went into their one hour draws in Dayton & Chicago as well as all about the final match in New Jersey. This is an inside look at not only some of the most famous matches in ROH history but also insight into the careers of two legends of Ring of Honor...

And as an added bonus, Disc 2 also features the first Ring of Honor meeting between Joe & Punk from the “Bitter Friend, Stiffer Enemies” event on 8/16/03 in Fairfield, CT. This non-title affair was just a taste of what the future had in store for Joe, Punk, and the ROH faithful…

If you want to see Samoa Joe and CM Punk in their prime, get this DVD.

Kyoufu

Watched RAW on youtube for... PAUL HEYMAN!

His mic skills are so F'n good. He's still shooting on WWE even in that segment :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Now they just need to get him back on the booking team.

If they did this, everything would be right in the world. Seriously, I don't know what the Fuck Vince is thinking. He just needs to go away. We all know he'll be there until he's on his deathbed, or probably even until the day he dies but JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS he's so far gone in his concepts and understanding of his audience that he's killing his own business. FUCKDHfjkhsjkfhsdjkfhdsjk

krae_man

Chris Nichols
Honestly I believe Triple H's arm is broken but to see everyone on here bash Brock Lesnar for it is absurd. I believe this was a stunt gone wrong. He used the lock on John Cena the night before without breaking it so I believe Triple H's arm was just tweaked the wrong way which caused it to break.
19 Minutes Ago

"Cena no sold it, so HHH should have been fine."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, all this time, I never realized that Punk dropped the ROH Title to Jamie Noble, of all people, at the end of the Summer of Punk storyline. It's even funnier due to the fact that Noble was just making a brief stop in the indies between WWE runs. :lol

Damnit, Meltzer just mentioned a storyline idea that HHH is going to come out and threaten to sue Lesnar if he quits and they are going to have Lesnar backdown and do the match so they can get him back for winning against them in real life in court. This company.

Kaladin

You know, all this time, I never realized that Punk dropped the ROH Title to Jamie Noble, of all people, at the end of the Summer of Punk storyline. It's even funnier due to the fact that Noble was just making a brief stop in the indies between WWE runs. :lol

Sheamus killed Jamie Noble, so Sheamus > ROH World Title.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Damnit, Meltzer just mentioned a storyline idea that HHH is going to come out and threaten to sue Lesnar if he quits and they are going to have Lesnar backdown and do the match so they can get him back for winning against them in real life in court. This company.

The Fuck.

If you want to see Samoa Joe and CM Punk in their prime, get this DVD.

Oh hell yes, I'm definitely picking this up - also, the Joe/Punk shoot is hilarious and I lost my copy, so I'll be glad to see it again.

His title run was entirely a show of appreciation from ROH to Noble, as he'd become a huge fan favourite in such a short amount of time and endeared himself to everyone in the company, but it was always known he would be returning to WWE, even before he started in ROH.

Sheamus killed Jamie Noble, so Sheamus > ROH World Title.

It's pretty remarkable that a lot of people wouldn't even realise how much of a skilled worker Jamie Noble was, entirely due to how he was presented in WWE. James Gibson > Jamie Noble.

BFIB

Sounds like a Stephanie idea to me.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did Dana White really sue Lesnar for joining WWE?
No, when Lesnar left the WWE, he had a no compete clause that essentially said he couldn't do anymore wrestling. Lesnar, however, was competing in Japan. He won a lawsuit against them to get the clause removed.

Kyoufu

No, when Lesnar left the WWE, he had a no compete clause that essentially said he couldn't do anymore wrestling. Lesnar, however, was competing in Japan. He won a lawsuit against them to get the clause removed.

Who is them and what does it have to do with Dana White?

Top Bottom