• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Linkified

So this many rewrites for the show they displayed last night?

- Heyman was a pleasant surprise but in today's WWE, unless it's a Philadelphia, Chicago, or New York ... you don't come out until promo'd or hyped. Punk's tweet was actually smart since it'll get the smarks to tune in. Way to not generate crowd heat.

Basically Summerslam have Brock beat Tripple H, Brock gets Laurenitius to place Heyman as the colour heel commentator and give King the boot.

BFIB

Just watched Raw from last night.

Holy fuck, can Tensai just be future endeavored already?

Oh, and Brodus Clay as well?

Bowser

Possible SS fued:

F4Wonline.com is reporting currently CM Punk vs Lord Tensai is being considered for a SummerSlam feud.

:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Possible SS fued:

F4Wonline.com is reporting currently CM Punk vs Lord Tensai is being considered for a SummerSlam feud.

:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Well, duh. The way they've treated him, it's obvious. I predict that he will be completely forgotten and relegated to nothing feuds, and might not even be on the show by this time next year. I'm also waiting for the inevitable face turn of Kane, so he can job to him.

I wanted to like Tensei but it's not working, i'm getting more pumped for RYBACK!
As far as the squash trio goes Ryhorn is the winning team.

So as far as the SD title scene goes should we expect a fatal 4 way match? I hope so because Sheamus and Del Rio alone is like a battle of botched characters, they should be interesting but they really aren't.

Kaladin

Well, duh. The way they've treated him, it's obvious. I predict that he will be completely forgotten and relegated to nothing feuds, and might not even be on the show by this time next year. I'm also waiting for the inevitable face turn of Kane, so he can job to him.

What about a Kane/Tensai tag team?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What about a Kane/Tensai tag team?
Probably after Kane jobs to him.

BTW, the post show dark match last night was Cena vs. Kane. What's the point of via satellite if he's there? Kane must be pissed to have to show up and not even be on the show.

Kaladin

pwinsider on Heyman

According to WWE sources, Paul Heyman will be appearing semi-regularly on WWE programming through at least Summerslam this August as part of a storyline where Brock Lesnar has quit the company and they are at legal odds.
The word making the rounds last night was that Heyman, as Lesnar's legal counsel, would appear in Lesnar's place in the storyline building to the August PPV return, since Lesnar has only signed for a limited number of dates.

One idea was to have Lesnar, in a re-creation of the actual legal battle the two sides had years ago, "sue" WWE for money owed and for breach of contract, which would include all sorts of viral campaigns (something Heyman is a master at) to get the storyline over to the masses as a legitimate issue.

I was told that the deal came together over the last week as the original plan for Lesnar in the company did not include Heyman, who has been busy working on his Looking4Larry Prods. as well as raising his children.

Heyman is not expected on the road full-time for the company and as of this writing, is only involved in the Lesnar storyline, not WWE creative.

The Summerslam plan currently is to build to Lesnar vs. Triple H.

I was told one of the reasons Heyman returned was to have the chance to work with Lesnar, one of his closest friends but also to potentially do something down the line with CM Punk, who he's been open with his deep respect for. While they have worked together in the past, they've never done anything on camera. It was obvious Punk knew Heyman was coming to Raw as he teased all day about knowing something and there being a surprise he was excited about. Right before Heyman's entrance, Punk tweeted a photo of him backstage, similar to what The Rock did right before he returned to WWE TV before Wrestlemania 27, obviously meant to create vital watercooler talk.

Heyman was warmly greeted by the younger members of the company's roster last night as many of them knew him from their time WWE developmental, while others only knew of Heyman through his reputation running ECW and working for WWE.

More Heyman involvement is a good thing.

sajj316

BTW, the post show dark match last night was Cena vs. Kane. What's the point of via satellite if he's there? Kane must be pissed to have to show up and not even be on the show.

I doubt it .. Kane's been there for so long and jobbed when asked without complaints that it's about the paycheck for him (I assume). I mean .. with all those family photos, he obviously has more important priorities.

Kane's been doing dark match jobbing duty like all year, poor guy, being fed to the insatiable appetite of the Cenation each and every week, at least I don't have to witness it.

!!! What a wonderful idea.

The Big Red Tengu is a real money making idea, they can sell more masks and Kane gets to add more stuff to his supernatural repertoire.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did you not read the post you originally quoted?
I thought you were talking about this:

Damnit, Meltzer just mentioned a storyline idea that HHH is going to come out and threaten to sue Lesnar if he quits and they are going to have Lesnar backdown and do the match so they can get him back for winning against them in real life in court. This company.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I doubt it .. Kane's been there for so long and jobbed when asked without complaints that it's about the paycheck for him (I assume). I mean .. with all those family photos, he obviously has more important priorities.
Yeah, Kane has made it clear in interviews that he really doesn't enjoy doing this anymore (he says due to the travelling). I don't blame him. The guy has more important things to interest him.

I still say that Tensei, Clay and Ryback need to clash in a triple threat match to determine the true master of the undefeated squashing streak. Ryback would of course win by pinning Clay, Clay becomes a low card comedy act possibly with Khali, Tensei goes on to continue a career that goes nowhere and then Rhyhorn goes and takes his undefeated streak to WM and squashes The Undertaker, it's super effective booking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are the people calling for Tensai to be FE'd the same ones who still like Brodus? If so, y'all can get the F out

I turned the corner on Brodus at Wrestlemania. Shit was despicable. But I also love Tensai and the Tensai Tickler.

I still say that Tensei, Clay and Ryback need to clash in a triple threat match to determine the true master of the undefeated squashing streak. Ryback would of course win by pinning Clay, Clay becomes a low card comedy act possibly with Khali, Tensei goes on to continue a career that goes nowhere and then Rhyhorn goes and takes his undefeated streak to WM and squashes The Undertaker, it's super effective booking.

Rhyhorn is awful. Rock+Ground is like the worst type combination imaginable, any halfway powerful ice/water/grass attack would put him down in an instant.

Lord Tensai could have been a huge star in any JR-on-commentary era, because Mitchell Cole repeating "he went off to Japan and became a huge star" doesn't mean anything coming from a dude who knows nothing about wrestling.

Kyoufu

I don't mind Tensai actually. He's better than Brodus Clay at least.

Though, I'm not watching SummerSlam if he is Punk's opponent...

I loathe Triple H for taking up the spotlight yet again.

Rhyhorn is awful. Rock+Ground is like the worst type combination imaginable, any halfway powerful ice/water/grass attack would put him down in an instant.

Lord Tensai could have been a huge star in any JR-on-commentary era, because Mitchell Cole repeating "he went off to Japan and became a huge star" doesn't mean anything coming from a dude who knows nothing about wrestling.

Hey this Rhyhorn revolution is your idea, Ah but in my master plan he ends up facing Undertaker, those lightning bolts ain't going to do nothing to the Ground typing!
nobody bring up Rhydon's horn from that one anime episode, that was like a botched finish AND Russo swerve together

Tensai shouldn't be that bad of a gimmick from where i'm standing, Big man apparently destroys opponents in Japan, returns to crush the WWE's best, it might work better if they actually mentioned who he was before (it's no secret at this point) and had some sort of evidence of his supposed destruction. Maybe instead of airing that Lesnar promo a million times they could have at least thrown in "Giant Bernard ass kickings: the condensed collection" video reel at one point.

krae_man

John Laurinaitis is making Sheamus defend his World Title at Over The Limit in a Fatal 4 Way Match. To even out the Cosmos, he should also make CM Punk defend the WWE title at Fatal 4 Way in an "Over the Limit" match where all competitors must have a blood alcohol level of at least 0.08.

vvxvl.jpg

Striker

It's a pity he isn't getting involved into any creative or booking standpoints. It was be a better show ten fold if he were doing one of those, or even commentating.

For the record, I don't mind Lord Tensai. But Brodus Clay and his horrible gimmick can be FE'd already.

krae_man

It's a pity he isn't getting involved into any creative or booking standpoints. It was be a better show ten fold if he were doing one of those, or even commentating.

For the record, I don't mind Lord Tensai. But Brodus Clay and his horrible gimmick can be FE'd already.

Only if Nyomi and Cameron stay.

So would you gents prefer Brodus Clay to stay as the Funkasaurus or be a standard monster heel like before? and no for this question he can't be future endeavoured for the answer.

Ryberg is definitely the best out of the monster pushes right now. Guy has a ton of intensity and his moves look like they really hurt. When he kicked the guy and had his foot on the guys throat I felt bad for that guy. I don't mind this guys push. Should change the outfit though.

If they refuse to give Brodus a feud or at least some sort of direction, he's fine staying as a comedy act, but the trouble with comedy acts is that the worse the overall product, the more offensive the inclusion of worthless comedy acts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryberg is definitely the best out of the monster pushes right now. Guy has a ton of intensity and his moves look like they really hurt. When he kicked the guy and had his foot on the guys throat I felt bad for that guy. I don't mind this guys push. Should change the outfit though.

They need to shave his goatee also.

Or they could give him black trunks.

Striker

So would you gents prefer Brodus Clay to stay as the Funkasaurus or be a standard monster heel like before? and no for this question he can't be future endeavoured for the answer.
If he's going to remain the comedy guy, few things:

1) decrease the length of his intro
2) stop the squash matches
3) stop the fuckin' undefeated streak

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a pretty unpopular viewpoint but I like Darren Young and Titus O'Neal. :|

They need to shave his goatee also.

Or they could give him black trunks.

He used to wrestle with black trunks as Sheffield, but I think they are trying to get away from him being too similar to Goldberg. I wonder if they will start acknowledging a streak on tv.

Izick

Damnit, Meltzer just mentioned a storyline idea that HHH is going to come out and threaten to sue Lesnar if he quits and they are going to have Lesnar backdown and do the match so they can get him back for winning against them in real life in court. This company.

ibvP2k6RiKew4k.gif

As much as the outfits make him look like he stole from RVD's locker i'm going to disagree, it gives him a unique look that's a nice change from the sea of trunks that is the WWE attire.

If he's going to remain the comedy guy, few things:

1) decrease the length of his intro
2) stop the squash matches
3) stop the fuckin' undefeated streak
I agree with all three of these things

Brodus doesn't need to be on TV every week. I'm sure his gimmick plays very well at house shows where everyone is a lot freer to cut loose but as of right now he eats so much god damn television time between entrance + boring squash + dance party.

His Mania moment was unforgivable

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Who and who?
Hey, are you going to answer my question?

Were you referring to this?

Top Bottom