• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No no, I posted this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37670919&postcount=4196

After seeing a bunch of MMA sites say Dana is suing Lesnar for going to WWE after WM28 or something.
Why didn't you say so, man? I thought you were referring to the current discussion that was going on in the thread. There was no reason to be rude about it, lol.

BTW, it's probably BS. Dana has already said that he has no problem with Brock being in WWE, and that he wishes him the best.

Kyoufu

Why didn't you say so, man? I thought you were referring to the current discussion that was going on in the thread. There was no reason to be rude about it, lol.

BTW, it's probably BS. Dana has already said that he has no problem with Brock being in WWE, and that he wishes him the best.

Oh, didn't mean to sound rude. Apologies.

I saw a video where the press asked him if Lesnar could go to WWE and he said it's ok but numerous sites say he's suing him.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh, didn't mean to sound rude. Apologies.

I saw a video where the press asked him if Lesnar could go to WWE and he said it's ok but numerous sites say he's suing him.
MMA, from my experience, are full of more BS than even wrestling sites. However, who knows? Dana may have changed his mind once the WWE started emphasizing Brock's UFC past, but I highly doubt it. Dana has a very good relationship with the WWE.

Ok I missed RAW last night and watching it now... Turned it off right after Eve tried to punk Show...

When do we get to see Eve's future endeavor papers? Horrible

Ok I missed RAW last night and watching it now... Turned it off right after Eve tried to punk Show...

When do we get to see Eve's future endeavor papers? Horrible

From 130 minutes, about 5 were worth anything

cnQjC.jpg

5U8lU.jpg

the right hand side---->

Heel

MMA, from my experience, are full of more BS than even wrestling sites. However, who knows? Dana may have changed his mind once the WWE started emphasizing Brock's UFC past, but I highly doubt it. Dana has a very good relationship with the WWE.

MMA "journalism" is pretty abysmal, but there are very few sites that would report rumors as fact when it comes to the UFC. The UFC pulls press credentials for anyone stepping out of line in this regard, so mainstream MMA journalists have for the most part developed into unprofessional UFC yes-men.

The vast majority of dirt sheet gossip in MMA happens on Twitter, on forums, through Meltzer or Middle Easy's rumor mill.

I don't remember it being reported that the UFC is suing Brock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, now they got Chris Sims on Grantland. Simmons is quietly assembling a lo of great and funny writers who love wrestling. At this rate in 3 months Best & Worst of Raw will be on Grantland

And it would belong there, without a doubt.

Great article about the character arc of John Cena and the WWE, I really enjoyed it and you may as well:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7904055/why-john-cena-losing-rock-brock-lesnar-matters-wwe

Good viewpoints.

Yeah, good point on how they effectively made Cena into the underdog going into Extreme Rules, but I think that, after the hilariously one-sided Kane feud, it was only by virtue of how implausible Brock losing in his first match back sounded, and how much that flew in the face of what the fans could see as logical booking for a presumed impending Brock/Cena feud. That awful post-match Cena promo, and the carny-as-fuck 'snapping' of HHH's arm has, for me, undone any good work they achieved with that match.

Also, I can't agree that it was a "triumph of narrative, not for Cena the wrestler, but for Cena the character", because it seems to me that it's back to business as usual for John Cena. Just like when a despondent, defeated Cena closed the show at WrestleMania, only to turn up on RAW the next night, yucking it up like nothing had happened, nothing's changed here, certainly nothing lasting or long-term.

He put everything on beating Rock in the build-up to Mania, yet the only way his loss factored into it was to cast doubts on his ability to beat Brock. His character hadn't changed in the slightest. He seemed legitimately shaken and intimidated after Brock busted him open on RAW, yet in the end he beat the odds and came out of it smiling. I see no narrative for Cena the character here, other than the same old, same old narrative of the odds being stacked against Cena for him to overcome.

krae_man

Great article about the character arc of John Cena and the WWE, I really enjoyed it and you may as well:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7904055/why-john-cena-losing-rock-brock-lesnar-matters-wwe

Good viewpoints.

Not really

The whole premise is that Cena is a believable underdog now. He's not and never was. Punk was the underdog at Money in the Bank. Cena beating Brock in his first match and no selling the injury doesn't scream Underdog either. Cena winning and WWE>UFC should have been at the end of Brock's run, not the beginning.

And then there's this point:

Laurinaitis hits that perfect balance where you're never quite sure if he's sinister, incompetent, or some horrifying combination of the two.

That's what's wrong with his character. Laurinaitis attacking Cena last week was the first truly heel thing he has done. Punk looks like a douche heel making fun of Johnny all the time despite the fact that Laurinaitis has done nothing wrong. Vince can never decide how evil Johnny is going to be.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You can't tell the audience "Okay, you will respond positively or negatively to this individual", it just has to happen. - Vincent K. McMahon

Kaladin

Does anyone else think the stuff with Big Show last night was a bit awkward? Big Show makes fun of Laurinaitis's speech impediment, and the HEEL makes him apologize while the babyface actors encourage him further......and then they run a BE A STAR promo.

tm24

It's pretty obvious they're setting up a Big Show is bullied by the heels storyline since Vince brought up how he was bullied as a kid during the conference call last week

Kaladin

It's pretty obvious they're setting up a Big Show is bullied by the heels storyline since Vince brought up how he was bullied as a kid during the conference call last week

They're kinda doing it backwards starting out with Big Show bullying the heels.....and then being encouraged to continue.

NoRéN;37677198 said:
At least someone is watching now. Fuck, a few months back I would ask and tumbleweeds scrolled past my screen.

I try to watch it every week but the time slot is very late. It comes out at 1am Pacific. I 've been following Scorpio Sky. He's got some decent moves.. Could be a plus if E was looking for cruiserweights again and plays a decent heel role..

I watch it every weekend. The ring is too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well look at the venue their taping from. Its in a studio where the building itself is small... Still they can pull off good wrestling moves.

NoRéN

I watch it every weekend. The ring is too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to watch it every week but the time slot is very late. It comes out at 1am Pacific. I 've been following Scorpio Sky. He's got some decent moves.. Could be a plus if E was looking for cruiserweights again and plays a decent heel role..

Well look at the venue their taping from. Its in a studio where the building itself is small... Still they can pull off good wrestling moves.

The venue is much better than the old one but, yes. Their ring is very small. Even in person it looks small.

I forget that it's on so late now since I have dvr. But, i do believe they add the episodes to their site.

NoRéN;37678087 said:
The venue is much better than the old one but, yes. Their ring is very small. Even in person it looks small.

I forget that it's on so late now since I have dvr. But, i do believe they add the episodes to their site.

Yes they do add them to their site. If I missed something on the show I go and rewatch it. I wish I have time to go check out of their shows like this upcoming weekend

Cagey

Banned
So next week is the go-home show for the Over the Limit? Already?

ibx3X3Rz8aGgX5.gif

Luckily this card has Punk/Bryan, which requires no build, to make 30-40 minutes of the show entertaining.

NoRéN;37678535 said:
Live show this weekend on Sat. and then the TV tapings the next day.

Please guys no
spoilers for the result of the Colt/ Pierce match.
Would liked to be surprised about outcome

UberTag

Luckily this card has Punk/Bryan, which requires no build, to make 30-40 minutes of the show entertaining.
In a perfect world, D.Brine and Punk would be allowed to cut promos against one another.

This entire program has boiled down to rampant smiling at the end of last week after Bryan beat Lawler to D.Brine largely avoiding the match this week and YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES as he cinched in the YES lock after Tensai had already beat Phil.

Raw viewership is down, but final numbers won't be in until later. There was huge exodus of viewers from hour 1 to hour 2 as they lost like 300,000. Should end up a 3.0 or 3.1, but we will find out in about a hour probably.

Kaladin

Wwe: Superstar Collection - Zack Ryder

I hope you're all happy, Zack Ryder has a dvd release now.

In February 2011, "Z! True Long Island Story" debuted on YouTube. Little did future "Broski's" all over the world know, the real story was just beginning. Refusing to be ignored, the sunglass-clad, spike haired Superstar used the power of the internet and social media to catapult himself from relative no-name to online sensation. Fans began chanting "Woo Woo Woo" and other Superstars including John Cena began to echo their support for the man known as "Long Island Iced Z". Today, Zack competes with the upper-echelon of WWE every week and shows no signs of slowing his momentum. This compilation is the first ever DVD to focus on Zack Ryder, and it collects six of the greatest matches tracing his meteoric rise to fame, most of which have never been released on DVD!

According to Amazon, it's out July 10th and has a run time of 90 minutes.

"You're stupid, you're ugly, and you have no friends. Am I finished? You're also a gigantic toolbox."

What the fuck am I watching? He was one step away from calling him a poopiehead meanieface.

This is from the "best" section.

They're wasn't a whole lot of "Best" from last night to pick from

Top Bottom