• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Cagey

Banned
JQhD8.gif

WTF is that? And they called Brodus Clay dangerous.

In reality, that move doesn't have Tensai ICHIBAN grabbing Punk by much. It's supposed to look as if he grabs him by the throat and gets him 8 feet in the air just by strangling him, but that's not what's happening.

So wouldn't that mean Punk messed up his jump into the move?

Kaladin

In reality, that move doesn't have Tensai ICHIBAN grabbing Punk by much. It's supposed to look as if he grabs him by the throat and gets him 8 feet in the air just by strangling him, but that's not what's happening.

So wouldn't that mean Punk messed up his jump into the move?

That move should have been this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BmaWyHPL0

Maybe Punk's legs straightened up when they shouldn't have, but it just looks bad.

UberTag

Yeah, Punk fucked that up by not wrapping his legs. It's just a move that's not done often anymore in the WWE.
Punk was botching all over the place last night... both on the mic and in the ring.
Was too preoccupied with tweeting about Paul E. and watching the Cubs to do his job properly.

Linkified

If he's going to remain the comedy guy, few things:

1) decrease the length of his intro
2) stop the squash matches
3) stop the fuckin' undefeated streak

I know its late but, after seeing Brodus try to "sell" he needs aa longer intro, faster matches and then have whichever heel you are bringing up from FCW like KO have him beat him for TKO and then a short feud and repackage Brodus Clay.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Zack fell off the map when they made him and Cena the best of pals and he got shoehorned into Kane filler. Even though Eve wasn't heel but then she became heel after she got saved by Cena from Kane.

Does this make sense?

UberTag

I wouldn't do my job well for that crowd either.
Fucking Carolinas
All of the crowds outside of the wrestling heartbed cities suck because the WWE has conditioned them to suck.
They've chased anyone outside of the Cena-fan jimmies away from their product.

Somehow I doubt the very first Unforgiven PPV held in 1998 at the very same arena had equally bad fan response for Austin vs. Dude Love for the title and Taker vs. Kane in the first-ever Inferno match.

Zack fell off the map when they made him and Cena the best of pals and he got shoehorned into Kane filler. Even though Eve wasn't heel but then she became heel after she got saved by Cena from Kane.

Does this make sense?

No, so for WWE in 2012 that DOES make sense

They're kinda doing it backwards starting out with Big Show bullying the heels.....and then being encouraged to continue.

It's clear that they actually have no idea what bullying means. I read something about Triple H having (making?) Khali sing "Happy Birthday" to Cena by himself in front of everyone two weeks or however long ago it was Cena's birthday.

So whats this about RAW possabliy getting a tape delay?

Really hope they dont edit it to shit like SD but they probably wont be able to resist themselves.

Cagey

Banned
So whats this about RAW possabliy getting a tape delay?

Really hope they dont edit it to shit like SD but they probably wont be able to resist themselves.

Gotta edit out those YES! chants.

I bet it has more to do with them realizing that their crowds outside of a short list of places are just terrible. There's no reaction for anyone without extreme prodding (Punk at Laurinitis last night). Crowds just aren't responding.

If it's not NY, NJ, Boston, Philly, Chicago, or somewhere in Canada... ugh. Even that Miami crowd wasn't a Miami crowd, it was a Wrestlemania crowd. And these are the crowds that "revolt" against what the WWE wants, for the most part (turning Bryan into a star, "LETS GO ZIGGLER", shit on Sheamus, etc.). But at least there's liveliness.

I bet it has more to do with them realizing that their crowds outside of a short list of places are just terrible. There's no reaction for anyone without extreme prodding (Punk at Laurinitis last night).

If it's not NY, NJ, Boston, Philly, Chicago, or somewhere in Canada... ugh. Even that Miami crowd wasn't a Miami crowd, it was a Wrestlemania crowd.
Kids don't cheer as loud.

Rumor has it that we might see a new debut tonight on Smackdown
Dean Ambrose has put a cryptic message on his Facebook saying 'tonight. Friday.

These signs have been recently posted at a Gold's Gym in Phoenix where I work. I had to do a double take because I didn't recognize Kurt Angle. Not sure if this is news worthy or even known in the wrestling community that Angle is in the microwaveable food business.

0GH73l.jpg

These signs have been recently posted at a Gold's Gym in Phoenix where I work. I had to do a double take because I didn't recognize Kurt Angle. Not sure if this is news worthy or even known in the wrestling community that Angle is in the microwaveable food business.

0GH73l.jpg

Angle's been in the food thing for a while. Hell, his Twitter name is @ANGLEFOODS1.

What's newsworthy is that I don't think Kurt Angle has ever looked like that.

Dead Man

0GH73l.jpg

That is not Angles torso.

0GH73l.jpg

Dat photoshop!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

0GH73l.jpg

Who's body did they photoshop Angle's head on?

sajj316

Saji or whoever it was should be pleased. Too bad it means apologising to somebody who doesn't deserve an apology.

Way to go. :(

Hey now ..

I'm not pleased at the fact he said it and the expected outcome. It's all too common and I hate Twitter. I want Punk to wrestle and pipe bomb in the ring, not Twitter. Don't get involved in political/social issues over Twitter if you want your face on a 7-11 Slurpee.

"WWE Raw on Monday, May 7 scored a 3.03 rating, down three-tenths of a rating (9.1 percent) from last week's 3.33 rating for the Extreme Rules PPV fall-out. It was the lowest rating in nearly three months dating back to the February 13 episode.

Raw averaged 4.31 million viewers, a 12 percent decline from last week's average of 4.88 million viewers for the Extreme Rules fall-out. It was the fewest viewers in a month going back to the April 9 episode.

As expected with no substantial hook for the second hour, Raw declined as the show progressed. Raw opened with an average of 4.43 million first hour viewers, then declined steeply to 4.19 million second hour viewers. It was the second-fewest second hour viewers of the year, only trailing the January 9 episode against the BCS National Title game."

pwtorch.com

sajj316

"You don't say .." at the Raw ratings. For the love of the Wrasslin gods, please stop this short term booking nonsense. The weak intro lead to a week ending. Where is my savior Dean Ambrose?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
"WWE Raw on Monday, May 7 scored a 3.03 rating, down three-tenths of a rating (9.1 percent) from last week's 3.33 rating for the Extreme Rules PPV fall-out. It was the lowest rating in nearly three months dating back to the February 13 episode.

Raw averaged 4.31 million viewers, a 12 percent decline from last week's average of 4.88 million viewers for the Extreme Rules fall-out. It was the fewest viewers in a month going back to the April 9 episode.

As expected with no substantial hook for the second hour, Raw declined as the show progressed. Raw opened with an average of 4.43 million first hour viewers, then declined steeply to 4.19 million second hour viewers. It was the second-fewest second hour viewers of the year, only trailing the January 9 episode against the BCS National Title game."

pwtorch.com
This is what happens when there's no Kane.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor just sent out this e-mail.....

Promotions.1.jpg

See CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson

For Free Tomorrow!!

FreeVideo.jpg

Tomorrow night right here at ROHWrestling.com we offering, absolutely free to everybody, a showing of the CM Punk/Bryan Danielson bout from “Reborn: Stage 1” that took place on April 23, 2004 as well as clash between The Briscoe Family & The House of Truth taped in Baltimore that featured the return to action of Papa Briscoe! These matches will be available from 6pm - 8pm FREE for anyone to watch!

To view click here between 6pm - 8pm tomorrow evening (Wednesday, May 9th, 2012)

Where was this kind of marketing last year during the WWE Summer of Punk?

Top Bottom