• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Heel

Hey guys, has there ever been a wrestler with a hunter or fisher gimmick?

I have a feeling this would go over well with the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops enthusiasts that dominate both the arena crowds and WWE.com comments section.

zychi

Banned
Punk was botching all over the place last night... both on the mic and in the ring.
Was too preoccupied with tweeting about Paul E. and watching the Cubs to do his job properly.

Kind of hard to know what's going on in a pre-determined show, when they're rewriting the story 10 minutes before show time, no?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Hey guys, has there ever been a wrestler with a hunter or fisher gimmick?

I have a feeling this would go over well with the Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops enthusiasts that dominate both the arena crowds and WWE.com comments section.

Skinner!

to an extent...Stone Cold.

The YES! shirts look more redish on TV than the one they gave me, and I think I got (RIP) Yokozuna's NWO shirt - could be a dress, its so long. :\

Apparently 'American-large' is a thing, and that thing is different to my large lol.

And I would marry her tomorrow.

I'm happy the rating was low. Of course they will think it's because Cena was absent.

So you want more Cena?

Last night's Raw was a bunch of very decent things on paper delivered in the worst manner possible.

I mean, Raw had all of the following:
  • Aces talking about Dr. Death and All-Japan Pro Wrestling
  • A tag match that had actual repercussions in the SD main event scene
  • A televised IC Title rematch
  • The return of Paul Heyman
  • Ziggler winning a competitive match
  • CM Punk vs Giant Bernard + Bryan Danielson
There was some other stupid filler, but that otherwise should have been a perfectly cromulent episode of Raw. But between the pacing, in-ring booking, not giving time to any match, inexcusable commentary bullshit (why the fuck did they order Cole to spoil Heyman's return??) and just the overall quality of content it turned out shitty.

Live Smackdown impressions:

I'm skipping over NXT and Superstars, because they were total shit. There were a ton of matches on this show.

Sheamus & Orton vs Del Rio and Jericho. While this lead to a pretty quick DQ and a pull apart between the parties involved, it's much better to have the big guns start the show then to have a dumb 20 minute promo. Orton was crazy over with the crowd.

A.J squashed Kaitlyn. Not much to the actual match. A.J. got a good reaction, but it was almost silent for Kaitlyn. When Bryan came out to talk to A.J., the place went crazy. It was split pretty even between "Yes" chants and massive boos. Good or bad, Bryan brings out a reaction.

Bryan beat Big Show in another quick match. After a few minutes of decent work Bryan gets Show in the "Yes" lock and Laurinaitis comes out and calls for the bell. Laurinaitis bitches at Show for making fun of his voice on Raw. Show has to do a proper apology on Raw. Storyline continues to be dumb, but Big Johnny has massive heat.

Ryback squashed Heath Slater. Mild pop for Ryback, but during the match and after, he got almost no reaction. As for the match, it's the same one you have seen for weeks.

Antonio Cesaro beat Alex Riley. The award for least over of the night went to Cesaro (barely edging out Kaitlyn). Nobody gave a fuck about this match what so ever. I could literally hear vendors trying to sell cotton candy several sections away. Riley got in very little offense. After the match, Aksana makes out with Cesaro in front of Teddy Long.

Orton beats Del Rio by DQ. Same pops as before. Another relatively short match that saw Ricardo try to interfere off the top rope only to take a RKO. Del Rio gets massive heat for using the cross arm breaker on Orton after the match

R-Truth beat Swagger. Average pop for Truth, average heat for Swagger. Vickie Guerrero continues to have nuclear heat. Both Ziggler and Kofi get involved. Decent TV match

O'Neil and Young beat Ryder and Santino. I have no idea how Ryder continues to be so over considering what they have done to his character. Crowd loved him and Santino. O'Neil and Young brought out the crickets. O'Neil and Young hit the Demolition Decapitation on Ryder for the win. After the match O'Neil and Young got some pretty good heat on the mic until they starting doing some weird chant and dance. It was beyond dumb and killed the heat.

Sandow did another backstage interview. Same old, same old

Brodus Clay squashed Hunico. Standard Clay squash match, but holy shit is his entrance over. While he is in the ring actually wrestling though, nobody gave a shit

Sheamus beat Jericho by DQ. Del Rio eventually came out, followed by Orton. Del Rio ended-up taking the Codebreaker, RKO, and Brogue Kick. Show ended with Orton and Sheamus staring down

**For SoulPlaya**

Orton beat Kane in a dark match street fight. Why this was a street fight, I'll never know. A kendo stick and chair were both teased, but never actually used. Orton got the pin after Kane took an awful double knee RKO.

steveovig

I've started my attempt at going through every episode from 1988 WWF Primetime and I've got my first week write-up on my site at Steve's Graps

I'll see if I can get through the entire year, at least doing one episode a week, maybe two on good weeks. Please give me feedback as I'd appreciate it.

The first week had a really good Rougeaus/Conquistadores match when The Rougeaus were still faces. Also, Sherri Martel and Velvet McIntyre had a pretty good match too in Paris. The rest was junk with Iron Mike Sharpe, Hacksaw, Dino Bravo, Hillbilly Jim, and a few others. Bobby Heenan was great as usual.

Tendo

Aw man. I need some help!

I just ordered 4 live tickets to the Evolve show this Saturday - front row too! However there wasn't an option to print tickets or do will call tickets. I feel like an idiot now. Any of you guys been in this situation before? Am I doomed? I plan on calling the support line in the AM

Other than that though I'm HYPE - I had no idea this show was coming until I read an interview with Sami today. I have tickets to Over the Limit on the 20th too but I know that I'm going to get a much better show Saturday with Evolve.

Anyone else going to the show?

Aw man. I need some help!

I just ordered 4 live tickets to the Evolve show this Saturday - front row too! However there wasn't an option to print tickets or do will call tickets. I feel like an idiot now. Any of you guys been in this situation before? Am I doomed? I plan on calling the support line in the AM

Other than that though I'm HYPE - I had no idea this show was coming until I read an interview with Sami today. I have tickets to Over the Limit on the 20th too but I know that I'm going to get a much better show Saturday with Evolve.

Anyone else going to the show?

Why not hit up @BookItGabe

https://twitter.com/#!/bookitgabe

Edit: This tweet answers your question :https://twitter.com/#!/BookItGabe/status/200097839630659585

Tendo

LkmGN.jpg

You're still the man to me, A-Ri.

UberTag

That's it, this is truly the worst week of the year so far.
Dude, you should be happy for your main man, Kane.
He wrestled the defacto dark match main event for both RAW and Smackdown this week.
That means he's the #1 heel in the company. Go Kane Go!

Dude, you should be happy for your main man, Kane.
He wrestled the defacto dark match main event for both RAW and Smackdown this week.
That means he's the #1 heel in the company. Go Kane Go!
Yes, I guess he is and he's taking on the burden of repeated dark match losses all year as to save the rest of the heels from losing further credibility, what a hero.

Kane is SO OVER as a heel, he's working dark matches to match with his gimmick of hellfire and brimstone. Just think about it: DARK MATCHES. Demons love the dark, and so would the Devil's Favorite Demon!

They should turn all the lights off and have Kane wrestle under a red light how TNA was doing for awhile. They may still be doing that but I'd have to watch it to know.

They should turn all the lights off and have Kane wrestle under a red light how TNA was doing for awhile. They may still be doing that but I'd have to watch it to know.

Actually back when he was first wrestling as Kane in 1997 his matches always had red mood lighting, fortunately they gave up on that idea.

And now we have Sin Cara as the spiritual successor.

Yesssss, here's the recent DDT show with Ibushi vs Generico - I shouldn't have to tell you, but that match is a must watch. The main event was pretty good too;

DDT "MAX BUMP 2012", 04.05.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,064 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2257i

01. KAI vs Keisuke Ishii

02. Daisuke Sasaki, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Shigehiro Irie, Akito & Tetsuya Endo vs Antonio Honda, Keita Yano, Poison Sawada JULIE, Hoshitango & Michael Nakazawa

03. Hikaru Sato vs DJ Nira

04. Sanshiro Takagi, Takao Soma, Andy Palafox & Hero Amon vs Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Masao Inoue

KOTA IBUSHI RETURN MATCH;

05. Kota Ibushi vs El Generico

KO-D OPENWEIGHT TITLE No.1 CONTENDER, 3-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH;

06. HARASHIMA vs Yasu Urano vs KUDO

KO-D OPENWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

07. Masa Takanashi (c) vs Yuji Hino

*edit, woah, seems like Davey Richards might be done with New Japan - he got into a car accident ahead of their PPV earlier this month, so couldn't make the trip to Japan. As a result, he and Rocky Romero were stripped of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Titles. Now, New Japan are saying that due to his 'injuries' from the crash, he will no longer be appearing in the prestigious annual Best of the Super Juniors tournament later this month - Richards, however, has already confirmed he sustained no injuries from the crash, and will defend his ROH World Heavyweight Title against Kevin Steen this Saturday in Toronto for ROH Border Wars 2012.

Yesssss, here's the recent DDT show with Ibushi vs Generico - I shouldn't have to tell you, but that match is a must watch. The main event was pretty good too

Well it's a good thing you did tell me, that was enjoyable. Some of those moves looked fantastically brutal, I want to assume they are safer than they look?

Well it's a good thing you did tell me, that was enjoyable. Some of those moves looked fantastically brutal, I want to assume they are safer than they look?

I would hope so, some of those kicks looked nasty as hell, and that move Generico hit at 19:20 was crazy, dumped Ibushi right on the back of his head.

Finals of the All Japan Champion Carnival 2012;

AJPW, "CHAMPION CARNIVAL FINAL", 07.05.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,900 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x225cp

01. Osamu Nishimura vs Yasufume Nakanoue

CHAMPION CARNIVAL 2012 - SEMI-FINAL MATCH;

02. Yuji Nagata vs Taiyo Kea

CHAMPION CARNIVAL 2012, SEMI-FINAL MATCH;

03. Suwama vs Akebono

04. KENSO & Masao Inoue vs Masayuki Kono & Minoru Tanaka

05. Seiya Sanada, KAI & Yamato vs Takao Omori, Manabu Soya & Masanobu Fuchi

06. Ryota Hama, Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Kazuki Hashimoto

07. All Japan Champion Carnival 2012 - FINAL

Kea vs Nagata was awesome, watching the final now.

Top Bottom